Cheering thread: ... - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #2566
country flag Pierre75

Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of
Re: Cheering thread - Estoril: R1 vs Luz!

Elena won 61 61.
Pierre75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #2567
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheering thread - Estoril: R1 vs Luz!

She won, 6-1, 6-1 in 42'30".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
With all respect to Barbara, only a double bagel in less than half an hour will do.
She gets a 6 out of 10 (or barely adequate) for effort.......

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #2568
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheering thread - Estoril: R2 vs Barrois or Arvidsson!

Maybe she is still in Charleston form. It will be interesting.
Especially if she draws well in Madrid. She has a chance to do something
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2569
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Elena has Tuesday off as Arvidsson vs. Barrois is played.

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #2570
country flag goldenlox

Elena plays Barrois. A tough match, but her Charleston form should take her thru.

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #2571
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Next: Kristina Barrois. Lena met her one time before and had noticeably little defense against Barrois who made her run from side to side well behind the baseline. Last time I've seen Barrois play on clay was last year at the IdS where she employed similar tactics which took her to the final. I doubt she will change her game plan, making this an awful difficult match for Lena. Hopfeully she indeed will bring her Charleston form.

('s-Hertogenbosch 2009 1st round vs. Vesnina)

Stats:
Born September 30th, 1981 in Ottweiler, Germany
Length 1.83m (6'), weight 71 kg (157 lbs.)
Current ranking 71, highest 65 (July 26th, 2010)

No WTA titles.

H2H with Lena: 1-0
2009: 's-Hertogenbosch (Grass) 6-4 6-3

Last tournament: Marbella
32 W Kirsten Flipkens (Bel) 6-3 7-5
16 L Sara Errani (Ita) 1-6 2-6

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #2572
country flag goldenlox

I watched Barrois play Radwanska in Stuttgart. She plays with a ton of spin. Extreme grip. Very tall player. Erratic.
I think if Lena plays well she should win. But its a tough match.
With Alisa next round its a brutal draw.
I wish Woz would have played lousy in the Charleston final instead of Stuttgart final.

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #2573
country flag Pierre75

Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of Pierre75 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I wish Woz would have played lousy in the Charleston final instead of Stuttgart final.
Sure. That said i'm happy for Julia Goerges and this defeat could be a good warning for Caroline Wozniacki before Roland Garros. I think Caroline deserves to win a Grand Slam title. And for that she needs some rest.
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2574
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future
Re: Cheering thread - Estoril: R2 vs Barrois!

Nice easy win in R1 as expected Should be good enough to beat Barrois, if she hits anywhere near top form. But is a tricky one which might take 3 sets to win.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #2575
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Lena

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #2576
country flag goldenlox

Tough match 4-4 in 1st set

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2577
country flag Pierre75

Elena has lost the first set 46.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #2578
country flag goldenlox

This is a tough draw.

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #2579
country flag Pierre75

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is a tough draw.
This certainly is. Elena just took Kristina's serve to come back at 46 23. She only won 2 of 8 break points. She really has her chance.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #2580
country flag Pierre75

Elena lost 46 36. Not a very good day but that's her second match on clay. She can't do great in every tournament.