Ana Vrljic cheering thread - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #211
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

$50,000 Monzon, R1: Ana VRLJIC (CRO) defeated Kathrin WOERLE (GER) 6-3 6-2

This is a good win--and excellent scoreline--for Ana, as Woerle is ranked #150.

In R2 she'll play the winner of Lisjak and Flipkens.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #212
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Ana
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM   #213
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

She lost to Flipkens, but given the scoreline (5:7, 4:6) it was another very good match from Ana, considering Flipkens is virtually top100 and a former #59.
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM   #214
country flag ma re

Ana is on the WTA circuit again, playing qualies of Marbella. In QR1 she'll face the 5th seed Nina Bratchikova, who's currently on a career-high ranking of 132. Bratchikova hasn't had many great results this year, but she did win a 25k in Rabat back in January, and reach the semis of a 50k in Monzon this week. She has also beat players ranked inside top160 on several ocassions this year, and she even managed to win against Zuzana Ondraskova once.

All in all, good luck Ana
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #215
country flag ma re

Wonderful news from Ana these days...after taking her chance against a wild-card Witthoeft (16 y.o., current and career-high #788) and beating her 7:5, 6:2 in QR1 of a Premier WTA tournament in Stuttgart, today she beat a much better known opponent, Zarina Diyas (former junior prodigy, took out Jankovic last year in Baku if I remember correctly...), it was 6:4, 7:5. A very nice nice scoreline, considering Diyas is at her best ever ranking of 143.

For a place in the main draw, Ana will play the winner of the 6th seed Hampton and unseeded K. Kucova. Considering she lost in QR1 last year, she's already done a great job cause she's sure to jump about 10 ranking spots, but it could be 5 more if she'd qualify.

Ajmo Ana
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #216
country flag ma re

After nearly 2 hours on court, Ana lost to Hampton 6:4, 1:6, 3:6 Credit for effort and for getting some nice wins in Stuttgart, I guess it wasn't meant to be this time. It was a very good tournament, all things considered.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #217
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOKER-GOAT View Post
they're still two LL spots.
That's really good news. Let's hope Ana gets lucky.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #218
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
That's really good news. Let's hope Ana gets lucky.
Yeah, but that could be considered lucky only if she'd get some nice R1 draw and win that match - otherwise, she'd only get that one main draw point instead of 12 from qualies.
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #219
country flag ma re

If ITF is really using this week's ranking to determine a qualification list for the French Open, and I'm about 99.9% sure that's the case, Ana (currently at #205) could be our last direct entry into qualies. Lisjak might have some chance if the cut-off is low enough, but Ana will probably join Martic, Sprem and Tomljanovic to form our quartet in Paris. Good thing she's showing sings of improving form right on time.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #220
country flag ma re

Since Ana's points from a 25k semi she made last year came off this week and she didn't defend any, she slipped 10 ranking spots down to #215. Still, I think her place in the FO quali draw should not come into question.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #221
country flag ma re

Ana's singles ranking this week goes slightly up, from 210 to 208, but her doubles ranking got quite a lot better this time, she goes up from 430 to 369.

This week Ana is playing Zagreb 25k, both singles and doubles, in singles she'll face the 6th seed Piquion (22 y.o., c-h 177, currently #234), which could be tough. In doubles she and Ani Mijacika will face Njiric/Rogowska for a place in the QF. Tough luck that so our girls will be on both sides of the net, but that way we're at least sure to see some of them further in the tournament

Good luck Ana!
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #222
country flag ma re

Vrljic - Piquion 6:2, 2:6, *2:5 - why am I writing this? Cause it was 0:5 and I'm hoping she'll do a "Njiric"
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #223
country flag ma re

^^ Nope...2:6 in the third. Must've been a nightmare to watch, a total of 14 df's (on both sides combined), over two hours of play and 156 points played in 24 games (i.e. more than six per EVERY game), not to mention 28 break points played. Oh well, better luck in doubles Ana.
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #224
country flag ma re

After a tough win over Njiric/Rogowska...doubles QF:

Mijacika/Vrljic def. (4) Jani/Marosi 6:2, 6:3

Next up, (1) Beygelzimer/Bogdan for a place in the finals.

Good luck girls
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #225
country flag ma re

Ana is the 2nd seed of Maribor 25k in singles and the top seed in doubles (teamed up with Ani Mijacika).

Her R1 singles draw looks very interesting, cause she'll play a former compatriot (so to speak) Jasmina Tinjic. It'll be a very tough match for Ana, and I'm sorry that one will have to lose. Battle it out girls, may the best one win

In doubles it's a bye in R1 and against the winners of Moser/Neuwirth vs. Srimpf/Vajdic in the quarters.

Good luck Ana