The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #1081
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Moni's first round match will be against Arrubarena-Vecino!

You can beat her!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #1082
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Tough first round. But good luck
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #1083
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
Tough first round. But good luck
Yes, I agree. This girl looks quite dangerous. She is only ranked 253 but she is also only 19 and she is moving up the rankings rapidly. She looks to have a very good future. On top of that she has qualified beating a couple of pretty good players in Bratchikova and Daniilidou. And she is playing at home.

So all that adds up to a much tougher match than it might look on the surface. If Monica can win it however, and if she plays well she certainly can, it would bode well for the rest of the clay court season.
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #1084
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Marbella, 1st Round:

Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino def. Monica Niculescu 7:5 6:4

Terrible loss!

Trailed in both sets by 2-5 and caught up just to get broken at 5-6 and 4-5...
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #1085
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok. Arrubarena-Vecino always looked like she would be a very formidable opponent and so it turned out. I'm quite pleased that Monica didn't give up and she did fight back in both sets even if it wasn't quite enough. This Arrubarena-Vecino girl looks like she really is going to be quite a tough player on clay for years to come and it really wasn't an ideal 1st clay match of the year for Monica. I'm sure Monica will still get some good wins later on in the clay season and she still looks on course to get back into the top 50 before long to me.
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #1086
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

My thought were sadly enough right
Moni
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #1087
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #1088
country flag Curcubeu

#59 this week!
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM   #1089
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Estoril, Main Draw:

(5) Mattek-Sands vs. Niculescu
Qualifier vs. Oudin
Zhang vs. Dellacqua
Voracova vs. (2) Gajdosova

Don't know what to think about it...

According to the ranking positions, BMS is one of the big favourites to win here, but it will be her first match on clay this season while Monica has already played some close matches in singles and doubles.
Further, Bethanie had to pull out from Fed Cup due to an injury and won't be at 100% here!

Let's see what Moni can do!
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #1090
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
WTA Estoril, Main Draw:

(5) Mattek-Sands vs. Niculescu
Qualifier vs. Oudin
Zhang vs. Dellacqua
Voracova vs. (2) Gajdosova

Don't know what to think about it...

According to the ranking positions, BMS is one of the big favourites to win here, but it will be her first match on clay this season while Monica has already played some close matches in singles and doubles.
Further, Bethanie had to pull out from Fed Cup due to an injury and won't be at 100% here!

Let's see what Moni can do!
Bethanie did play on green clay in Charleston but yeah, I'm also more hopeful about this match than I was about the match against Arruabarrena-Vecino. I think Monica will be more ready this week and the circumstances do seem much more favourable for getting at least one win than they were in Marbella.

The funny thing about trying to guess how Monica will do from one week to the next, something that is never easy, is that because she does have such an unusual game it doesn't really work very well to go by rankings with Monica. Players don't face someone like Monica regularly and some players find her style very hard to cope with, and in all honestly others don't or at least not as much. And sometimes she faces higher ranked players who don't cope with her game very well and sometimes she faces lower ranked players who do. Monica will probably never beat Flavia Pennetta unless Flavia isn't fit, likewise Azarenka. Whereas Dulko, Bacsinzsky, Bychkova and Keothavong will always be opponents that Monica will fancy her chances against.

Monica has never faced Mattek-Sands before so we have no telling how Beth will tackle Monica's game. So this really is a hard one to call. Beth is a pretty decent player though so I guess one has to make her the favourite to win this but I'd still give Monica at least a 4 out of 10 shot at this one, maybe even 4 1/2.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #1091
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Estoril, Round 1:

Monica Niculescu def. (5)Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6:4 5:7 6:3

What a great success after the Arruba.. disaster in Marbella and now she has even great chances to reach the quarters!

The return stats were pretty good today! According to the stats BMS didn't have more than 50% on first and second serve!
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1092
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
WTA Estoril, Round 1:

Monica Niculescu def. (5)Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6:4 5:7 6:3

What a great success after the Arruba.. disaster in Marbella and now she has even great chances to reach the quarters!

The return stats were pretty good today! According to the stats BMS didn't have more than 50% on first and second serve!
It was definately a very satisfying result.

I hope you won a good amount of dosh on it too.

I don't actually see the loss in Marbella as that bad to be honest, it was kind of expected even if that Spanish girl was very lowly ranked, it was clear she was very comfortable on the clay. But what counts is that Monica has bounced back well from that loss and is now getting very close to getting back into the top 50.

I think we will be celebrating a new career high for Monica before too much longer.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #1093
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Very nice win from Monica
Really a strong win
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #1094
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Estoril, Round 2:

Monica Niculescu def. (Q)Sloane Stephens 6-4, 6-4

Another step closer to the big aim Top 50!

She converted her BPs, Sloane didn't and so she won the match in straights against an in form opponent of the same level!

Next up is Gajdosova!
But she has nothing to lose there!
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #1095
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Solid win