*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:45 AM   #31
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

Hopefully this win means Vika's turned the corner of what I hope we'll look back on as a delayed "sophomore slump".

I'm still so proud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:24 AM   #32
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

And the Marbella draw is up, Vika's their top seed.

Most likely opponents:
1st round: Parra Santonja
2nd round: Hercog/Pous-Tio
quarterfinal: Pironkova/Safina
semifinal: Dulgheru/Errani
final: Kuznetsova

Not a bad draw, but it's clay and Vika's bound to be tired after winning Miami.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM   #33
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
I know. Everyone was talking about how she greatly regressed etc and then BOOM she wins her second Miami title.
idiots... Vika has plateaued blah blah I am sure she'll win a grandslam soon She said after watching wat happened in Japan, she is not taking winning/losing a match so seriously... guess this attitude will help her to be stable and swing free in her matches

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
idiots... Vika has plateaued blah blah I am sure she'll win a grandslam soon She said after watching wat happened in Japan, she is not taking winning/losing a match so seriously... guess this attitude will help her to be stable and swing free in her matches
We were saying it too. She looked in very average shape early on in the year but she's in much better form now. Fingers crossed that she can hold on to it for the upcoming month or two, I believe she has a good shot at RG (if she avoids Dulko ) since she also seemed to be defending really well in Miami which is a very important part of the game if you want to do well on clay.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, she played great in that tournament, but you could still see some signs of her struggles in the early part of the year. Serving has been better recently but she actually only won 52% of serving points against Masha. Even in the first set, which she won 6-1, she only won 56% of serving points. However she was able to keep Masha to only 41% on her own serve. So her returning saved her. And the DF to lose the BP at 5-3, as well as the run from 4-0 to 4-3 all reminded me of her struggles in the early part of the year. There are still some issues, particularly under pressure and holding serve. She just returned so well and rallied so well that it was hard to notice. She didn't have to serve under pressure in these recent matches because she played so well in other aspects. I still find her serving under pressure very questionable. It's important to note that she didn't have to serve the match out.

However, that was still the best I've seen from her in a long while.

The issue I have with Vika is that she seems to get tired and/or injured after playing well. We'll see if she can sustain this form into the coming tournaments.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM   #36
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Vika'll reach a new career of #6 on Monday in other other words with nothing to defend on clay Vika can crack the top 5 for RG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
It seems like contrary to 2009 Vika's peak form has started a little bit later in the season... could this be a sign !!?

In both 2009 and 2010 Vika started her seasons quite strongly but then after was never quite able to carry that on further...

I truly believe she has changed her approach about things... I also heard her by telephone on CNN after her win and she said in between other things how she has matured could it be in her attitude or in her game and that she was ready to bring that in the majors... so fingers crossed...

I believe also in her chances for RG... the road is still very long and we will be rapidly fixed in Rome or Madrid - realising the depth on clay it'd be presumable that a confident Vika would be able to at least get one of these.

Last edited by Vikapower : Apr 3rd, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:59 PM   #37
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

#6 is not a career high for Vika, she was already there in 2009.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM   #38
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

2009 feels like ages ago. I'm still so happy.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM   #39
country flag serenawilliams00

serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all

Will Vika play in Marbella?
serenawilliams00 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM   #40
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
#6 is not a career high for Vika, she was already there in 2009.
I repeated that from the sports reporter on CNN without no specific verification as it's supposed to be a solid source...

Last edited by Vikapower : Apr 4th, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:40 PM   #41
country flag Mary Cherry.
you're all sluts

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenawilliams00 View Post
Will Vika play in Marbella?
She just posted a tweet saying she's flying to Spain so it looks like she is
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #42
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalmarenka View Post
She just posted a tweet saying she's flying to Spain so it looks like she is
Given the good week she had, I guess she's allowed ONE sangria. Just one.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #43
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Oh well, at least we don't have to miss her. Fingers crossed for no bad luck this week.
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #44
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on clay, Vika!!
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #45
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like she's not playing until Wednesday. At least she's had some time to rest
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread