Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2 - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2251
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
^^Well then, maybe he does have some experience... coaching 5 year olds or something.
Awesome.. that's exactly the experience he needs.. Ana often looks like she is 5 years old.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #2252
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect match.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #2253
country flag soul

soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold

nothing has changed; will change??????????????????????????
soul is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2254
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the pics

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who that other goofy looking guy is thats often in Ana's box during matches? He's half in the pic with Ana's hitting partner too
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2255
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian1092 View Post
Thanks for all the pics

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who that other goofy looking guy is thats often in Ana's box during matches? He's half in the pic with Ana's hitting partner too
I have no idea but I always wonder about it as well. I think he is somehow related to Marija.. but that's only a very wild guess.

Old Mar 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #2256
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

When Ana say that instead Coach will hire full-time hitting partner I expect she will introduce him soon as part of her team, but its not happen. In women tennis history there is many examples of very good and successful partnerships between player and hitting partner as winning formula and good replacement for classic coach/player relationship.

I checked now on Ana site TEAM ANA page, but there no information about hers hitting partner, and from her todays "Viva Las Vegas" diary message she mentioned him, but not says his name.
Quote:
...I worked with Darren Cahill and of course my hitting partner and trainer were with me...
BTW this guy from pics little remind me on Adidas Team hitting-partner (Sven's assistant) which works with Ana several times before in past (his surname "Merkel" is same as Germany PM - only reason why I not forget his name ), but I'm not sure b/c on this two pics I don't see any Adidas logo on his outfit and this guy think has more hair than that from ADTP.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #2257
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
When Ana say that instead Coach will hire full-time hitting partner I expect she will introduce him soon as part of her team, but its not happen. In women tennis history there is many examples of very good and successful partnerships between player and hitting partner as winning formula and good replacement for classic coach/player relationship.

I checked now on Ana site TEAM ANA page, but there no information about hers hitting partner, and from her todays "Viva Las Vegas" diary message she mentioned him, but not says his name.
The thing with Ana is that she only seems to respect and listen to the real top name coaches. And she needs someone who she can trust blindly, respect, listen to and above all, someone who will get her head together.. work on her mentality. A hitting partner promoted to coach won't be able to do that.. mostly because she won't listen in the first place.

I guess they won't see the need of saying his name until they are feeling safe Ana won't fire him.

Quote:
BTW this guy from pics little remind me on Adidas Team hitting-partner (Sven's assistant) which works with Ana several times before in past (his surname "Merkel" is same as Germany PM - only reason why I not forget his name ), but I'm not sure b/c on this two pics I don't see any Adidas logo on his outfit and this guy think has more hair than that from ADTP.
This guy is most definitely NOT Mats Merkel. It really doesn't look like him at all.. the only resemblance is that they are both blonde.

And the guy is sporting a Nike shirt with Nike shoes in the practice pics.

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #2258
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

She was practising with Aga?
I like Aga don't get me wrong, but no wonder Ana's forehand was looking good
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2259
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
She was practising with Aga?
I like Aga don't get me wrong, but no wonder Ana's forehand was looking good
Yeah.. there is a video in the videos thread of Ana making Aga look like Karlovic.

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #2260
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
The thing with Ana is that she only seems to respect and listen to the real top name coaches. And she needs someone who she can trust blindly, respect, listen to and above all, someone who will get her head together.. work on her mentality. A hitting partner promoted to coach won't be able to do that.. mostly because she won't listen in the first place.

I guess they won't see the need of saying his name until they are feeling safe Ana won't fire him.

This guy is most definitely NOT Mats Merkel. It really doesn't look like him at all.. the only resemblance is that they are both blonde.

And the guy is sporting a Nike shirt with Nike shoes in the practice pics.
Which pics

BTW I'm still not sure that Ana so desperately needs good coach more than any other TOP WTA player. Her winning formula game strategy should be so simple and almost always same. When she is out of her mind and not in love with tennis, even Heinz is not able to prevent last seasons RG-Wimbledon disaster. On other hand she technically won Linz and Bali without coach (of course influence of work with Heinz is obvious there).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #2261
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Which pics
The ones in the previous page, plus this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10sballs_com/5506818157/

Quote:
BTW I'm still not sure that Ana so desperately needs good coach more than any other TOP WTA player. Her winning formula game strategy should be so simple and almost always same. When she is out of her mind and not in love with tennis, even Heinz is not able to prevent last seasons RG-Wimbledon disaster. On other hand she technically won Linz and Bali without coach (of course influence of work with Heinz is obvious there).
She actually needs a shrink more than a coach. It's all on the head for her.. but that's why to have a coach as a mentor would be important.. Also someone to make things and plans simple for her in her game, which hasn't been the case when she is all by herself or with the wrong coach. Ana alone won't work on her mentality and get it to be stable.. she will always be prone to go into a wrong attitude patch at the very first moment of adversity, as she so promptly showed us all this season.

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2262
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
When she is out of her mind and not in love with tennis, even Heinz is not able to prevent last seasons RG-Wimbledon disaster.
I do think you nailed it in this sentence. When Ana is "out of her mind" and not totally in love with tennis, dedicated, focused.. there is nothing that makes her play well. That's why she has sucked so much this year. At the first adversity she let her mentality go down the drain and her attitude towards tennis got back to sucking. She just can't play tennis like that. She needed extensive specific work on her mental game to overcome that and become more stable.. the only way to be really out of the slump..

At the beginning of Ana's career this weak mentality showed itself in her inconsistencies and her tendency to flop epically after every great result. It was still the exception as it mostly got pushed aside by huge desire and determination. After acomplishing her dreams, that desire died down a bit.. she still wanted to do well and win big things, but just expected it to fall from the sky. It obviously didn't.. and the weak mentality took over, it was the most present one. It became the rule, no the exception. So it comes back at the first adversity.. Without some real hard work on her mentality it will keep being predominant and showing up much more often than any good attitude.

All this is very disappointing, as she is wasting tons of talent and becoming a real journeywoman the past 3 years.. Sad to think Ana will be remembered as somewhat the Gaston Gaudio of the WTA.

Old Mar 11th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #2263
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10sballs_com/5514880927/

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #2264
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #2265
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

IW practice with Andrea

cool shirt

saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread