Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 109 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #1621
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Oh dear. Worst backhand I've ever seen.

But Ana is very happy with her tennis now.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1622
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

A clip showing Marija going down a huge slide at a Dubai water park last week
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #1623
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to note the changes in Ana's game since 2006. She hit her BH DTL more often than CC. Her backhand was way better back then in general. *Sigh* Young and fearless Ana.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #1624
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

^I disagree. Those are highlights, not the full match. In the full match she made errors off both wings, and her backhand is far better now than before. I will however say that her forehand has regressed, and her serve has become more unstable.
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #1625
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
^I disagree. Those are highlights, not the full match. In the full match she made errors off both wings, and her backhand is far better now than before. I will however say that her forehand has regressed, and her serve has become more unstable.
Her BH is a totally different shot now than it was then. Back then she used to go for her BH and flatten it out almost like she did with her forehand, even though her forehand was always the great shot and her BH never was. But it was a shot she finished out points with as well.. From maybe 2007 on I think Sven altered her BH making Ana use a lot more spin and give it more air. It makes it hold up more when picked apart, but it takes away the finishing ability and it has less weight of shot. Back in 2006 it was a heavier shot. It's a different shot.. I don't think her BH is better right NOW, as it was awful against Patty and Makarova. But it was definitely a better shot back in 2008, when she could get a bit of the best of both worlds, using flat BHs when she had to and going for spin when under pressure from the opponent, and thus giving it more margin to hold up. Her BH was actually important for her to do so well in 2008.

Her FH went from one of the best ever to out of the top 50 ordinary. She lost the weight of shot, which was what made it special. Ana didn't even had to hit it that deep or to a corner, but it was so heavy when it came that the opponent could barely do anything. All you have to do to see how much it has regressed is how opponents can now easily redirect an Ana forehand that comes their way. Many times she just completely hesitates with it.. has a ball to finish the point and just rolls it back in. Sad to see.. And her serve went from great to drawing constant Dementieva comparissons. I miss Demi, but her serve was always cringeworthy and the last thing a player wants is to have their serve compared to hers.

Old Feb 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1626
country flag Vladiricky

Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice

Quote:

It's interesting to note the changes in Ana's game since 2006. She hit her BH DTL more often than CC. Her backhand was way better back then in general. *Sigh* Young and fearless Ana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Her BH is a totally different shot now than it was then. Back then she used to go for her BH and flatten it out almost like she did with her forehand, even though her forehand was always the great shot and her BH never was. But it was a shot she finished out points with as well.. From maybe 2007 on I think Sven altered her BH making Ana use a lot more spin and give it more air. It makes it hold up more when picked apart, but it takes away the finishing ability and it has less weight of shot. Back in 2006 it was a heavier shot. It's a different shot.. I don't think her BH is better right NOW, as it was awful against Patty and Makarova. But it was definitely a better shot back in 2008, when she could get a bit of the best of both worlds, using flat BHs when she had to and going for spin when under pressure from the opponent, and thus giving it more margin to hold up. Her BH was actually important for her to do so well in 2008.

Her FH went from one of the best ever to out of the top 50 ordinary. She lost the weight of shot, which was what made it special. Ana didn't even had to hit it that deep or to a corner, but it was so heavy when it came that the opponent could barely do anything. All you have to do to see how much it has regressed is how opponents can now easily redirect an Ana forehand that comes their way. Many times she just completely hesitates with it.. has a ball to finish the point and just rolls it back in. Sad to see.. And her serve went from great to drawing constant Dementieva comparissons. I miss Demi, but her serve was always cringeworthy and the last thing a player wants is to have their serve compared to hers.
I actually agree with InsideOut, I think that her BH is better now. I mean, at the beginning, yes, it was a flatter shot but her technique wasn't really good and I remember watching her hit the bottom of the net with the BH majority of time. I think in these highlights were put all well played BHs in that match. Then Ana changed her BH and it became more solid and stable. I think that her technique is not so good because she still hits the net so often.

And for the FH, I agree with Izzy 100%. It went from pure gold to.... I don't know.

And serve.... oh.... no comment.

And has no confidence and she's lost on the court, so I can't really compare old Ana and Ana right now. I can compare Ana from the beginning, one who developed during the 2007, and Ana's game in 2008. Ana's game right now is the one from 2008 but without confidence and with a messed up head. That's how I see it.

I'm sorry but we're running low on food, water, and overall enthusiasm, you know...
Vladiricky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1627
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

True her BH may be stabler now, but it's becoming a push wing.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1628
country flag Vladiricky

Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice

Quote:
True her BH may be stabler now, but it's becoming a push wing.
Yes, she should be able to mix it up, prepare the point and finish it off with either backhand or forehand. But talking about the tactics now it's a bit delusional.

I'm sorry but we're running low on food, water, and overall enthusiasm, you know...
Vladiricky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #1629
country flag snoodtastic

snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice

Hello - can anyone tell me where I can download a video of Ana's win at the French Open?
Edit to specify: the winning final, 2008 vs Safina.
snoodtastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1630
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodtastic View Post
Hello - can anyone tell me where I can download a video of Ana's win at the French Open?
Edit to specify: the winning final, 2008 vs Safina.
Hi! I couldn't find any existing file.. I do have the video on my computer, so I'll try to upload tonight if nobody else finds a link.

Old Feb 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #1631
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^

Roland Garros 2008 Final Ivanovic v Safina (set1)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X50MYPS6
Roland Garros 2008 Final Ivanovic v Safina (set 2 + ceremony)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N6TROCLA
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1632
country flag snoodtastic

snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice snoodtastic is just really nice

Thank you!
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM   #1633
country flag snoodtastic

Unfortunately those RG vids didn't work out for me. I couldn't open them. I have a Mac, and I have DivX and Flip4Mac and I still couldn't open them.
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 10:18 PM   #1634
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodtastic View Post
Unfortunately those RG vids didn't work out for me. I couldn't open them. I have a Mac, and I have DivX and Flip4Mac and I still couldn't open them.
Have you tried the VLC Media player?

Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 02:08 AM   #1635
country flag snoodtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Have you tried the VLC Media player?
Just downloaded that and can now watch it, thanks so much!