Big West - news 2010-11 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #31
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice
Re: Big West - news 2010-11

I bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands. Funny thing is, when LBSU beats UCI the LB students do not feel the need to storm the court, but then again a win against UCI is not the same as a win against LBSU. As an example, I know of a coach that went to great lengths to secure that elusive win against The Beach, soiling his reputation in the process .

Last edited by RobertCB : Jan 26th, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #32
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Gamesmanship

A LBS basketball player raises his hand falsely claiming the foul to keep star teammate Larry Anderson from fouling out.
Is that a lie? Yes.
But I see that as gamesmanship and no big deal.
Form however would call the basketball player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

A wide receiver has the ball bounce on the ground into his hands but tries to sell it as a catch to the referee.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the football player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

Derek Jeter is missed by a pitch but he pretends to be hit by the ball in order to draw a walk.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the baseball player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

A soccer player flops to the ground trying to get the referee to pull out a yellow card on the opponent.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the soccer player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Like being a felon, once a ch'EATER... he will always be a ch'EATER. What kills him/you is that other coaches in BW and back east know what he did. It just took some time to catch it since college tennis isn't exactly like men's hoops instantly on ESPN. But it's been exposed.
Form why are YOU so angry and ridiculously obsessed over the UCI coach getting away with a little gamesmanship at best?

Form buddy your level of obsession is amusing and kind of disturbing too.

Form one time you compared a little gamesmanship the UCI coach may have gotten away with to the double murder you thought OJ Simpson got away with and Form you really meant it too.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 26th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #33
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Based on the comparisons you are making I am starting to question your ethical makeup.

Anyway, since you are the UCI expert on this forum, what line up do you expect to see 1-6 when the season starts.

Last edited by RobertCB : Jan 26th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #34
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Kwan beat SW R quarterfinalist Kim Stubbe (UA), So I won't be surprised if she plays at upper positions. But I guess Byron will play #1 (had a nice game against Lacey Smyth at UCI Invite, won a set). Of Hammel dunno, she didn't play at all during the fall, if I remember correctly.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #35
country flag RobertCB

Since gouci, the UCI expert, will not post a proposed opening day roster I will give it a shot.

1 Hammel
2 Byron
3 Smith
4 Kwan
5 Franziska
6 Holladay

Since UCI has a match Saturday, we will not have to wait long to see where I went wrong .
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #36
country flag RobertCB

Come on gouci, I am really interested in your lineup so let me help you with a little exercise. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and image my previous posts were made by form.... now open your eyes and start typing

Last edited by RobertCB : Jan 28th, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #37
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Alexa Lee is a favorite to be the best player of the Big West this year. SO good.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #38
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Alexa Lee is a favorite to be the best player of the Big West this year. SO good.
The professional at UOP is a senior and still playing this year.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #39
country flag fantic

Widjaja? I'm not sure I've seen her play..but if I did, wasn't much impressed, I think
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #40
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that GoUCI is still trying to figure out what is going on at his beloved UCI....from their women's VB program meltdown to the fact that their women's tennis coach got reprimanded by the other BWC Coaches during their pre-season conference call.....no more ability to stack his line-up and then have a vote on it when it is challenged by the other coaches, or better yet have the coach as the school WHERE HIS DAUGHTER PLAYS, vote as well....a little conflict there don't ya think.....
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:00 AM   #41
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

UC Davis 5, UCI 2
Doubles

1. Chui/Heneghan (UC Davis) def. Holladay/Kwan (UCI) 8-2

2. Byron/Smith (UCI) def. Curry/Edles (UC Davis) 8-2

3. Koehly/Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Schweyer/M. Young (UCI) 8-6

Singles

1. Megan Heneghan (UC Davis) def. Courtney Byron (UCI) 6-3, 6-3

2. Dahra Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Becka Kwan (UCI) 7-6, 6-2

3. Kristina Smith (UCI) def. Ellie Edles (UC Davis) 6-4, 6-1

4. Franziska Goettsching (UCI) def. Nicole Koehly (UC Davis) 3-6, 0-3 ret. due to injury

5. Kelly Chui (UC Davis) def. Brooke Schweyer (UCI) 6-1, 6-1
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM   #42
country flag fantic

forgot to mention Katie Le of Santa Clara, she actually beat Widjaja

She's on 11 winning streak, and had 7 games against Gibbs.

That's just... TREMENDOUS
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles