Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #16
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Now I am looking forward to the next against Morita, whom she is 2-0 H2H, ok they were in 2009 & 2008.
Not seen her play, She has an unconventional game I read?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #17
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Not seen her play, She has an unconventional game I read?
I read the same, but apart from the H2H I know nothing about her, i was hoping someone could fill us in.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #18
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
I read the same, but apart from the H2H I know nothing about her, i was hoping someone could fill us in.
I think she takes the ball early, hits it flat but I'm not certain.

A strange statistic from her 1st 2 main draw matches in this tournament is that she won 66% and 81% of respectively on her 2nd serve. Stosur led the Wta last year with an average winning % of 52% on her 2nd serve.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 16th, 2011 at 05:19 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #19
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert on Morita but this is what I know: The most unconventional thing about her is probably her two-handed FH. Her serve is somewhat weak which Caro must take advantage of. She's very quick on her feet and mentally tough. She mostly stays at the baseline, hitting hard and flat (not as hard and flat as Li Na, though). But she's not afraid to come to the net if need be. She's less consistent than Caro, making a fair deal of UEs.
For those with ESP; there's 5 matches with her in the archive.

Edit: Wickmayer saves 4 mps and beats Li Na in 3 sets! How much you wanna bet GM will explode with "Wozniacki being the luckiest girl in the world" because her supposedly toughest opponents lose early!?
Edit2: What a surprise, NOT! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=429252

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Feb 16th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #20
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I'm no expert on Morita but this is what I know: The most unconventional thing about her is probably her two-handed FH. Her serve is somewhat weak which Caro must take advantage of. She's very quick on her feet and mentally tough. She mostly stays at the baseline, hitting hard and flat (not as hard and flat as Li Na, though). But she's not afraid to come to the net if need be. She's less consistent than Caro, making a fair deal of UEs.
For those with ESP; there's 5 matches with her in the archive.

Edit: Wickmayer saves 4 mps and beats Li Na in 3 sets! How much you wanna bet GM will explode with "Wozniacki being the luckiest girl in the world" because her supposedly toughest opponents lose early!?
Thanks for info.

Hah, I just read about Wickmayer v Li, Who cares about GM, you have to accept the rough with the smooth in Sport as in Life.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #21
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
poor Chaky! Get well soon!
Caro wasn't playing great but her win was never in doubt!
GL in 3rd round
p.s. Loved the outfit, she looked beautiful!
Agree. She was also genuinely very worried for Chaky and came straight over when she fainted. Some things are more important than tennis like kindness and compassion which Caro showed. Someone in GM called her a vulture for this. Probably someone who next says "I don't hate her - it's just her game I don't like".

Anyway GL against Morita. Caro needs to raise her game.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #22
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Has anyone got the Winners UE set2 Summery, I have the 1st set.?

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #23
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt Caro play dubs with Ayumi Morita a couple of years ago?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #24
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Agree. She was also genuinely very worried for Chaky and came straight over when she fainted. Some things are more important than tennis like kindness and compassion which Caro showed. Someone in GM called her a vulture for this. Probably someone who next says "I don't hate her - it's just her game I don't like".
Though I don't condone the barbarity of Dr.Mengele,sometimes I think that sterilization isn't such a bad plan for people who demonstrate vastly inferior DNA with their mental ineptitude....It's miraculous that the folks who see Caro most often on tour,and actually KNOW her,don't seem to notice these alleged character flaws

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #25
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Didnt Caro play dubs with Ayumi Morita a couple of years ago?
They played doubles in juniors but not on the senior level.
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #26
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though I don't condone the barbarity of Dr.Mengele,sometimes I think that sterilization isn't such a bad plan for people who demonstrate vastly inferior DNA with their mental ineptitude....It's miraculous that the folks who see Caro most often on tour,and actually KNOW her,don't seem to notice these alleged character flaws
The axes of evil is Stalin, Caro, Osama Bin Laden and Hitler.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #27
country flag Protoss

So what's Aga do differently againt Bartoli than Caro does? She's now won all 6 matches she's played against Bartoli dropping only the 1st set they played while Caro's lost her last 2 matches against Bartoli.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 17th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #28
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So what's Aga do differently againt Bartoli than Caro does? She's now won all 6 matches she's played against Bartoli dropping only the 1st set they played while Caro's lost her last 2 matches against Bartoli.
I don't think it's anything particular with Marion that Caro has lost her last 2 matches and Aga always wins. Or that we can draw any big conclusions from this. The last time at Cinci she didn't play well in that match but in fairness she'd just flown out to the States from Denmark. It was after then that Caro really went on a tear. I don't see Caro losing to Marion in the form she upped herself into last year. In the form she is in now - she's managing to get wins. But really the tour is so deep now that their's plenty of players - not just Marion - that could beat her. She'll make it difficult to be beaten. She ought to beat players like Marion but it's no foregone conclusion.

I've never actually seen Aga against Marion so can't answer your question. But I think what does Caro needs to do. Just all round improving. Cut down on hitting so many short balls back; cut down on UEs - something which is always of concern when Caro does it - so that if it gets into a long rally that she is the favourite to win the point; her serve - against Na at AO this let her down badly; work on trying to be more aggressive without seriously jeopardising her UE count. I do enjoy her BHDTL.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #29
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
They played doubles in juniors but not on the senior level.
Ah. Thx Protoss. ..

From todays match, I understand Caro was using Stosur'esque kick serves? .. wicked!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #30
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
The axes of evil is Stalin, Caro, Osama Bin Laden and Hitler.
and Caro fans... Futher to similarities, 'we' bring the abuse to ourselves and its our own fault! According to GM logic. Same logic and explanation was very popular duirng Adolfs regime.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Closed Thread