Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #16
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Romania's U 16 girls team only reached the 6th place in group B, though being ranked top seed

http://te.tournamentsoftware.com/spo...F7112A2&draw=1

The Romanian team consisted out of Ene Cristina, Ducu Ioana, Gradinaru Fometescu Andreea, Rosca Iona Loredana.
It would have been much better with Ilka, but she made the wright decision of earning important ITF points in South America!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #17
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Condor de Plata, Bolivia, G2

(16)Ilka Csoregi def. (wc)Maria-Paula Deheza 6:3 6:4

Another final of a big junior clay event!

18th win in a row for Ilka!

But 6th seed Lina Gjorcheska in the final will be super tough and Ilka is surely tired...

Last edited by Curcubeu : Feb 13th, 2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #18
country flag Curcubeu

I just saw that Ilka climbed up to #162 of the junior rankings, an improvement of more than 200 ranking positions and the result here is not included!
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #19
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I just saw that Ilka climbed up to #162 of the junior rankings, an improvement of more than 200 ranking positions and the result here is not included!
Out of curiosity I checked the point system for ITF Juniors and realized that with the points received for winning the tournament today she will climb all the way up in the top 100. I can't remember any Romanian athlete going up the ranks so fast. I am wondering when people are going to start to notice and talk more about Ilka. I am so glad that she has the financial means to participate in so many international tournaments.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #20
country flag Curcubeu

Ilka could really be the next big thing on clay! There are many similarities to Simona's dominance on this surface among the juniors at her age!
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #21
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I really hope she can do well on all surfaces. Anyway, she is now ranked # 81 ITF. With another win in Santiago de Chile she can reach #46.
She may deserve her own thread here.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #22
country flag Curcubeu

Player threads usually get opened when the girl possesses at least a WTA single ranking, so we might should have some patience!
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #23
country flag Curcubeu

Copa Milo, Chile, Round 1

Irina Maria Bara (ROU) def. Michelle Paz Coccio Nieto (CHI) 6:1 6:1

Next round against Shankle from the USA!
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

Copa Milo, Chile, Round 2:

Irina Maria Bara (ROU) def. (13)Blair Shankle (USA) 7:5 6:1 GREAT!

(7)Ilka Csoregi (ROU) def. (wc)Amanda Cerda Miranda (CHI) 7:5 6:1 20th win in a row!

Irina now against Top see de Vroome and Ilka against ninth seed Brady...
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #25
country flag codrutc

Great!. Where did you find the Results? ITF site hasn't published them yet.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #26
country flag Curcubeu

In the Junior thread of the tournament on this board!
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #27
country flag Curcubeu

[5] Patricia Tig (ROM) d. Oleksandra Korashvili (UKR) 7-6(6) 3-6 7-6(3)
[3] Sabina Lupu (ROM) d. Valeriya Strakhova (UKR) 6-4 6-1
Valeriya Boyanovska (UKR) d. [1] Elena Cadâr (ROM) 3-6 6-4 6-2
Ștefania Hristov (ROM) d. Ana Testemitanu (MDA) 6-3 6-7(2) 7-5
(Q)Cristina Ene(ROU) d. Joanna-Nena Savva(CYP) 7-6(4) 7-5
(wc)Alina Soltanici(MDA) d. (Q)Georgiana Pătraşc(ROU) 6-3 6-3
Anastasia Vdovenco(MDA) d. (7)Ingrid-Alexandra Radu(ROU) 6-4 6-4

Upset of the two tournament favourites Elena and Ingrid!
Especially Ingrid sucks since the junior Australian Open.

It's clearly visible that even the Romanian juniors have enormous problems off the clay...
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

Copa Milo, Chile, Round 3:

(1)Indy De Vroome (NED) d. Irina Maria Bara (ROU) 6:3 7:5
(7)Ilka Csoregi (ROU) d. (9)Jennifer Brady (USA) 4:6 6:2 6:3 What a fighting spirit!

21st win a row for Ilka!
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #29
country flag codrutc

Unfortunately Ilka was forced to abandon her QF game and the Chilean tournament. I hope it's just exhaustion and she didn't suffer a serious injury.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #30
country flag Curcubeu

All Romanian juniors with an abysmal performance at the indoor tournament of Moldova (G3)...

None of them reached the quarters there, the top seed Cadâr was eliminated in round 1. Pathetic!

It's the same problem which is also visible on the WTA tour. No surprise that many Romanian girls have such big problems with Hard Courts...