Portuguese players thread - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #2566
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Portuguese players thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Where is Frederica and Neuza?
Still injured I think

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #2567
country flag The Guilty
Team WTAworld

The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Where is Frederica and Neuza?
Frederica had surgery on her shoulder, but is recovering and already entered tournaments in September, so the comeback is near

Neuza still struggles with her knee after months and is doing treatments, but there's still no date to comeback.

By the way Rita Freitas was suspended this weekend for missing an antidoping control in a national tournament in Portugal. She's now suspended for undetermined time. This might be the end of her career.
The Guilty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #2568
country flag vesanto

vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future

Shame for Neuza and Frederica. We'll see if they will be able to recover to the ranking they were before, it is not going to be easy. Portuguese female tennis is stuck at this moment, even Michelle is struggling a lot and I have doubts MJK will be able to rise to the occasion.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #2569
country flag The Guilty
Team WTAworld

The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesanto View Post
Shame for Neuza and Frederica. We'll see if they will be able to recover to the ranking they were before, it is not going to be easy. Portuguese female tennis is stuck at this moment, even Michelle is struggling a lot and I have doubts MJK will be able to rise to the occasion.
Neuza just anounced her retirement today

She blamed it on the knee injury, and she's struggling financially.
http://www.tenis.pt/index.php?option...5917&Itemid=33

Wish her all the luck in the future She was always my favourite portuguese player

Last edited by The Guilty : Sep 12th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
The Guilty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #2570
country flag vesanto

vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future vesanto has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guilty View Post
Neuza just anounced her retirement today

She blamed it on the knee injury, and she's struggling financially.
http://www.tenis.pt/index.php?option...5917&Itemid=33

Wish her all the luck in the future She was always my favourite portuguese player
That's sad but I was more or less expecting it. If she fully recovered, I just didn't see her investing again in the 10 and 25k tournaments, which she always told were not enough financially. She has a lot to be proud, especially her 2nd career, she was top 150 and qualified for Wimbledon, many ITF titles and national titles. Wish her the best for the future!
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #2571
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute

Was just wondering today where Neuza had been, sad to find that she's indeed retired

I remember her match against Serena at Wimbledon, some beautiful sliced backhands It was nice to see her rise from basically a 10k level player, all the way into the top 150 and competing with some of the best players internationally. She has a lot to be proud of

All the best in the future Neuza
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #2572
country flag vesanto

Where is Frederica? Did she also retire?