**Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread** - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #331
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread**

Not only a win, but in straight sets as well, good job Jasmina! Next she'll face the 14th seed Kuchmina (for the first time ever) who seems similar in stats to Hogenkamp (a year younger than Jasmina, ranked quite a bit higher, close to her career-high...), but she seems to be more inconsistent. For instance last week she beat Coin (who's far from her best right now, but still around #200 and former top60), only to easily lose to Vogt next, who's currently outside of 300. Let's hope Jasmina shows another nice performance.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #332
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Jasmina Tinjic (CRO) d. (14)Daria Kuchmina (RUS) 62 62
a poster said jasmina played very well in QR1
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #333
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Two easy wins, nice way to qualify! Now that she's in, we can look at the main draw, and it says that a qualifier can get to play one of the following: another qualifier, (3)Savchuk, (wc)Beltrame, (wc)Brouleau, (6)Floris, Coin, (wc)Haring or (2)Cetkovska. Some really nice placements on offer. A bit of luck wouldn't hurt
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #334
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Not much luck!

(3)Olga Savchuk (UKR) v (Q) Jasmina Tinjic (CRO)
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #335
country flag ma re

^^ Might be better than it seems - she needed 3 sets to beat some 15 y.o. ranked in the 700's in QR1 of Melbourne and then lost the next match in two easy sets to Vandeweghe. Her best season was in '08 when she reached top80, but she's now even outside of 150. Still, it'll probably be a tricky match for Jasmina, but I think she actually has a chance here if she brings her best game into it.

Good luck!
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #336
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
^^ Might be better than it seems - she needed 3 sets to beat some 15 y.o. ranked in the 700's in QR1 of Melbourne and then lost the next match in two easy sets to Vandeweghe. Her best season was in '08 when she reached top80, but she's now even outside of 150. Still, it'll probably be a tricky match for Jasmina, but I think she actually has a chance here if she brings her best game into it.
Not just any 15 y.o. It was Irina Khromacheva, who at one point last year was the world's top-ranked junior!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #337
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Not just any 15 y.o. It was Irina Khromacheva, who at one point last year was the world's top-ranked junior!
Oh well, I'm not following juniors that much (obviously...)
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #338
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

(Q)Jasmina Tinjic (CRO) d. (3)Olga Savchuk (UKR) 61 61

What a great win and scoreline!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #339
country flag ma re

^^ I hoped for a win, but this is one freakishly nice scoreline!

Not only that, but Savchuk became the highest ranked player that Jasmina has ever won against (currently at #153). So far that was Duque Marino whom she beat I think in '08 on some challenger, back when the Colombian was #157, but the score was not as convincing that time.

Next she'll face either a wild-card veteran Beltrame whom she beat already last year (Cuneo R1, 3 sets) or a qualifier Gatto-Monticone, who's close to her career-high but still outside of top250.

Considering how competitive of an event this is, Jasmina just got a very nice chance to reach the quarters. Hope she can make the best of it
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #340
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
(Q)Jasmina Tinjic (CRO) d. (3)Olga Savchuk (UKR) 61 61

What a great win and scoreline!
Amazing! I didn't expect Jasmina to win and certainly not with the loss of only two games. It's very impressive. I'm happy for her, not just for today's win but for her rapid progress over the past six months.
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #341
country flag networthy

Quote:
Next she'll face either a wild-card veteran Beltrame whom she beat already last year (Cuneo R1, 3 sets) or a qualifier Gatto-Monticone, who's close to her career-high but still outside of top250.

Considering how competitive of an event this is, Jasmina just got a very nice chance to reach the quarters. Hope she can make the best of it
Gatto-Monticone beat Beltrame in three sets. This is an excellent opportunity for Jasmina!
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #342
country flag networthy

Fun fact: Between Glasgow last week and Grenoble this week, Jasmina is undefeated so far this year!

Her W-L record is 8-0 (and 16-1 in sets)
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #343
country flag ma re

She's not undefeated anymore Lost to Gatto-Monticone 6:4, 2:6, 6:1. Too bad, but she's still doing good this year. Not too impressive yet, but I'm happy with how she's doing so far.

Looks like she'll switch to clay as of next week. She's scheduled to play a claycourt 25k in Morrocco and after that also a claycourt tournament in Colombia - back to her favorite kind, 100k's

If she continues like she started, it should be a really nice season. Of course, the most important is that she's healthy and playing, cause we know how much trouble she had with health issues at the start of her career.

Looking forward to next week
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #344
country flag networthy

Quote:
She's not undefeated anymore Lost to Gatto-Monticone 6:4, 2:6, 6:1. Too bad, but she's still doing good this year. Not too impressive yet, but I'm happy with how she's doing so far.
Not to put pressure or anything, but I'm surprised Jasmina lost; I expected her to win. Nonetheless, this was a good tournament for her: she got three wins (all against higher-ranked players!), picked up more points than her per-tournament average and will move up some 10-15 spots in the rankings to a new CH.

Best of luck in upcoming weeks!
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #345
country flag ma re

Out of Rabat list as of today, still on the one for Cali.