Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM   #31
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

Thank god I have rod laver tickets for tomorrow so I can see lucie get thrashed

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM   #32
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraa00 View Post
There is a picture on getty images of lucie reacting to a line call, and i rarely saw pictures of Lucie looking angry against umpire Must have been some really horrible calls.

How was the handshake?
Was tomas there ?

So how are your sunburns David ?
She got a horrible call at 2-4 in the TB..it was so far out and her coach was on a rage in the box and she got a bunch of other bad calls too. But oh well

My sunburn has turned to tan so I'm very dark now and no tomas wasn't there but his coach was.

Oh and the handshake was ok...but zakopalova was real angry so she was quick to leave.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM   #33
country flag jiri-nedved

jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light

She is 1st on Rod Laver Arena. Good luck!
jiri-nedved is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM   #34
country flag jiri-nedved

jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light jiri-nedved is a glorious beacon of light

Zvonareva 6-3, 4-2* Safarova
Lucie was a bit flat in that opening set and making too many errors.

Tomas is here this time
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:15 AM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie lost 3 and 6, but the score was so close in the second set tb. Clearly she had chances to take that set. I didn't see it, but it must have been nerve-wracking to watch.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:26 AM   #36
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

I saw the whole match, and I was really pleased. In the first set she was not playing well. In the second she fought off a bunch of break points but was down 2-4 before she got back to 4-4. Vera served for it at 5-4 and 6-5 but Lucie played well and broke back. In the tiebreak both played great tennis and Lucie had two (?) set points but Vera held her off. Her serving was not too good and her net play was a bit shaky, but her groundstrokes were very good. What really excited me is how Lucie played towards the end. It wasn't like she was just playing her streaky, amazing tennis that we see rarely and for brief moments. She was playing great but also playing within herself (not going for those big winners but hitting consistently big shots). I would like to see some more spin on her backhand though.

Still, good tournament and she should be pleased with the match. This could be a good year for Lucie.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 04:46 AM   #37
country flag Acanthus

Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice

So dissapointing she couldn't win that tiebreak. Seems like she was playing well but Zvonareva was just too solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
My sunburn has turned to tan so I'm very dark now
You and Lucie both by the looks - you can see she has tan lines from a singlet on her back. You gotta Slip Slop Slap in that harsh Australian sun
Acanthus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:36 AM   #38
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

This must be a great year for Lucie, very impressive change, the returning and the top spin forehand. She just need more time with the new coach.
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:46 AM   #39
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
I saw the whole match, and I was really pleased. In the first set she was not playing well. In the second she fought off a bunch of break points but was down 2-4 before she got back to 4-4. Vera served for it at 5-4 and 6-5 but Lucie played well and broke back. In the tiebreak both played great tennis and Lucie had two (?) set points but Vera held her off. Her serving was not too good and her net play was a bit shaky, but her groundstrokes were very good. What really excited me is how Lucie played towards the end. It wasn't like she was just playing her streaky, amazing tennis that we see rarely and for brief moments. She was playing great but also playing within herself (not going for those big winners but hitting consistently big shots). I would like to see some more spin on her backhand though.

Still, good tournament and she should be pleased with the match. This could be a good year for Lucie.
Exactly how I feel. This has been a good major -- she won a couple matches, including one where she didn't play very well, and she played quite well -- serve and a few random moments aside (that overhead-volley combo ) -- today. She has improved in ways that feel solid, not fleeting. I'm hoping for a good year as well.

I loved it when Zvonareva challenged the call on a blistering backhand winner and shot spot revealed it to be perfect bullseye on the back and side lines. Lucie seemed to enjoy that.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM   #40
country flag jiri-nedved

her 2nd serve and easy put away winners were what let her down. if she improves this she could become top 10.
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM   #41
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie

But a good AO for her
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM   #42
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Loved Lucie with a headband

Good tournament, i didn't see any of her matches so i can't say more .
I have got great hopes for this year!

No i'm waiting for the Open Gaz de France

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM   #43
country flag Davodus

Being at that match was a bit but so much credit to Lucie's fight...she really fought so hard in that 2nd set and was really taking it to Zvonareva in the rallies consistently point after point. To be able to do that with world number 2 is pretty good, and a good sign for the year. She had a big chance to take it to 3, but a little bit of luck went Zvonareva's way...it's not like Lucie just gave it to her. She really fought for it and she nearly got it. I was thinking, this year alone Lucie has broken serve when her opponent served for the match 7 times. 4 matches her opponent has served for the match, 2 of them she's won and 2 of them she's just lost. That's pretty good fighting, and the signs are definitely good for this year.

Uploading my trillions of photos now

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #44
country flag Davodus

Fed Cup probably

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #45
country flag Davodus

Yes I think I saw her on the entry list for Paris Indoors