~Ana's articles~ - Page 162 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #2416
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Injured Ivanovic hopes to be fit for Australian Open
Ana Ivanovic
Ivanovic hopes to get back into the top 10 and Grand Slam contention in 2011

Former world number one Ana Ivanovic hopes to have recovered from a stomach injury in time to play at the Australian Open later this month.

The 23-year-old was due to play for Serbia in Saturday's Hopman Cup final but withdrew after practice on Friday.

She has been advised to rest for three or four days and has pulled out of next week's Sydney International.

But with the Australian Open starting on 17 January, Ivanovic said: "I am positive I will be fit in 10 days."

The 2008 French Open champion added: "It's very frustrating. Hopefully I'll be fine for Melbourne but it's definitely a scare.

"This morning, I was playing some points and on one serve I felt a sharp pain and I couldn't even hit or move after that. At this moment in time (my chances) are still very good because I stopped in time."

We fought hard to get here and we had a chance in the final and I felt really bad for Novak

Ana Ivanovic

The injury means that the Serbian team of Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic will not now play in Saturday's Hopman Cup final, with Belgium taking their place.

"I am very disappointed, and obviously shattered," said Ivanovic. "We fought hard to get here and we had a chance in the final and I felt really bad for Novak.

"It is very frustrating because it has been the case for a long time, always little bits and pieces. It's not a huge deal but it's stupid and a bad timing. I have to stay positive, at least I have a week before the Open rather than this time next week."

French Open champion Francesca Schiavone was forced to retire from her match against Kristina Mladenovic on Friday with a groin injury.

The Italian received treatment on court and was level at 4-4 with the 17-year-old French player when she pulled out, but asked if it could threaten her Australian Open chances, McNamee said: "No problem."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9347525.stm

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #2417
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Media Conference
Transcript - Ana Ivanovic (Serbia)
7/01/2011

Ana Ivanovic

Ana how bad is it?

Well Iíve already run some scans and itís a tear 1, so I guess itís going to take a few days. Hopefully it will be fine for Melbourne, but itís definitely a scare.

What sort of treatment do you have for that?

Well because itís a tear I canít do any aggressive treatment on it yet, I just have to keep icing it and doing some treatments that are not intense - so just like laser, or hot and cold, and just try to give it time to heal a little bit and then start with more aggressive stuff.

Do you know the time when you can get back to playing conditions?

Well the doctor said I should take at least 3 or 4 days with full rest, like complete rest. Then slowly I can start doing more like bike, and hopefully step on a court as well. It all depends. Itís very individual how a person reacts, or how fast it will heal, but hopefully with like lots of icing and laser it can speed up the recovery.

Ana how did you do it?

Well in my singles yesterday I felt it in my second set in my serve. Then I felt it kind of towards the end of the match a little, but more of a muscle pain. Then in the mixed doubles I felt nothing. Then later on when I was doing recovery I felt it tight a little, but then this morning I was playing some points and on one serve I felt it through the practise but then on one serve I felt a sharp pain. Since then I couldnít even hit anymore, I couldnít move. So then I stopped straight away and I went to see the doctor and do an ultrasound.

How did you feel when you were told the results of the scans?

I was - I mean Iím still very disappoint and obviously shattered because I really felt like we fought hard to get here and you now we had a chance in the Final. Also I felt really bad for Novak and needed some time on my own and also to talk to Novak and tell him whatís going on. It is very hard you know. Not only that I donít get to play final tomorrow but also I have to pull out of Sydney as well.

Ana how frustrating is it for you?

It is very frustrating because itís been the case for a long time -lLike always little bits and pieces. You know for something like this itís kind of, itís not a huge deal, but itís stupid and bad timing and itís just very frustrating that these things happen. You know I have to try and recover in the best possible way and try to stay positive. At least I have a week before the Open. Iíd rather this time, than this time next week.

I know you said it will be a few days before you know the extent of how its pulling up, but what do you think your chances are competing in Melbourne at the Australian Open?

I think itís good at the moment because I stopped in time and the tear hasnít been great, so itís still a minor tear. But you know I want to try and do everything possible to compete, but Iím positive I will be fit in ten days time to play.

Even if you are fit though, how does it affect, obviously not being able to train with full intensity, going into Melbourne now?

It is disappointing, but you know I have to sort of rely on the hard work that Iíve done in the past. I had the full preparation behind me, so I have to kind of rely on that a little bit. Even though Iíll have some time off now, I just have to believe that Iím fit enough. You know itís going to play a big part. Iíll just try to go through it and you know the hard work has been done, and even if I was fit enough I would be playing a lot of matches Ė but still the hard work has been done. So I have to approach it with that mind set.

Ana - will you ask for a late start in Melbourne?

Yeah Iíd definitely will, but Iím not sure because itís a Grand Slam and they go with the draw, so itís like 50/50. But ill definitely have my fingers crossed for a Tuesday start.

Will you get treatment here Ana or will you go to Melbourne?

Iíll stay put for another day and then hopefully on Sunday will go to Melbourne.

Did you have a weakness in that area before, or is this the first time youíve done something like this?

No itís the first time Iíve done something like this. You know if Iíve done something in off season, its stomach and back exercises, so itís very strange that this has happened. Itís very strange - I only felt it on my serve actually. It was just very bizarre.

What did Novak say to you?

He was very supportive and he fully understands, and it was hard for me to tell him and obviously I knew he would understand, but still itís a little bit disappointing. But he gave me his full support and even his physio is trying to give me some treatments and help me out a little. I appreciate that he made it easier for me.
http://hopmancup.com/Media/Media-Conference/300

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #2418
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
It was probably similar after the Cincy retirement and things turned out fine. I refuse to panic.
Ana had over 2 weeks to recover after Cincy.. Only one week this time around.

Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #2419
country flag gaviotabr

The Herald Sun brings an Ana pic when talking about the AO..

The same article has this about her:

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #2420
country flag gaviotabr

From today's Sportski Zurnal:

Anything of notice?

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #2421
country flag Eve

Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Well.. she won't be training for days.. then, if everything works out, only light training... and then already a match. It really hampers preparations, and she wasn't playing well this week. She needed the matches and the practices.

And look at how she took it.. She was to excited to play the final.. now she has this and all the other niggling injuries she had in the past on her mind.

It all sucks, I'm so upset.
do not worry, it is all just for folks
she has nothing, that injury is nonexistent, a minor, it is her fear and panic only ...that her grand slam will be in joepardy
so many times seen from her already
she will train immediately...ok, maybe not on the same day
Eve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2422
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve View Post
do not worry, it is all just for folks
she has nothing, that injury is nonexistent, a minor, it is her fear and panic only ...that her grand slam will be in joepardy
so many times seen from her already
she will train immediately...ok, maybe not on the same day
Please.. I take it you never played tennis and have no idea what an injury is. She forfeit money, a final of a tournament, and another tournament.. how can someone be this stupid to have such idiotic opinion?

Ana doesn't fake injuries. Maybe you are just used to some other thing..

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #2423
country flag Eve

Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough Eve is a jewel in the rough

u take it very badly, i'd say
your wild guess amuses me, you couldn't be more wrong however
your qualification of my opinion speaks for itself, are u competent to object and not let yourself offend one's point? doesn't seem like u are
learn not to take it personally, that is a lesson for ana as well
or are you just like Ana, living in denial

she exaggerate injuries, and her panic and fear do that for her
an injury is one thing, the press is the other
good thing you could do, not trust blindly what is written and said, thinking it trough is much appreciated

in the time of her big crises, you wrote some ugly and serious fake fingered stuff about her, why is it iritant for you now when it comes from another is an interesting question
btw, I never said she faked it, I sad she made minor a major, she tends to do that unintetionally
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #2424
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
u take it very badly, i'd say
your wild guess amuses me, you couldn't be more wrong however
your qualification of my opinion speaks for itself, are u competent to object and not let yourself offend one's point? doesn't seem like u are
learn not to take it personally, that is a lesson for ana as well
or are you just like Ana, living in denial

she exaggerate injuries, and her panic and fear do that for her
an injury is one thing, the press is the other
good thing you could do, not trust blindly what is written and said, thinking it trough is much appreciated

in the time of her big crises, you wrote some ugly and serious fake fingered stuff about her, why is it iritant for you now when it comes from another is an interesting question
btw, I never said she faked it, I sad she made minor a major, she tends to do that unintetionally
I don't think anyone should assume such things about injuries. Again.. I take you've never played tennis or been injured to know what it is. You have no idea about it. If she has an abdominal strain one day and plays on it the next day, she will tear it more and be out for over 3 months. Actually, Ana has downplayed this injury to the press.. made it look as minor as posible.. abdominal tears are never minors.

All you say are unfounded . I've been hard on Ana, but I always ended up being right. You, on the other hand, is saying things that never happened, implying things with no fundament. Someone should never play around with injuries like you are doing. Injuries are serious stuff.

Now go troll in GM. What are you doing here anyway? This is a place for Ana's fans..

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #2425
country flag Eve

i like ana
i just do not idealize her
i see her like she is
again, you take it wrong
and, yes it is founded, happened many times before, but oblivion is something you might rather choose because it is easier
critique is not hate, another lesson for you, besides the one that you are nobody to navigate my or somebody elses posts
kind regards, may your heartbeats be slower
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2426
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
i like ana
i just do not idealize her
i see her like she is
again, you take it wrong
and, yes it is founded, happened many times before, but oblivion is something you might rather choose because it is easier
critique is not hate, another lesson for you, besides the one that you are nobody to navigate my or somebody elses posts
kind regards, may your heartbeats be slower
You are doing great for someone with 10 posts... troll.

Ana doesn't fake injuries.. happened many times in the past? When? Oh yeah... everytime Ana plays for Serbia.. like the Olympics.. sure sure.. I can't believe people some times.

I don't idealize her either.. I'm very critical. But injuries should never be played with like you are doing.

I'm not navigating your posts.. I have your best interests in that sugestion.. you might actually find your troll brothers and sisters there.

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2427
country flag Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
You are doing great for someone with 10 posts... troll.

Ana doesn't fake injuries.. happened many times in the past? When? Oh yeah... everytime Ana plays for Serbia.. like the Olympics.. sure sure.. I can't believe people some times.

I don't idealize her either.. I'm very critical. But injuries should never be played with like you are doing.

I'm not navigating your posts.. I have your best interests in that sugestion.. you might actually find your troll brothers and sisters there.
I too know I am doing great, how lovely to get along well
before you could know when is someone playing with injuries, you must be very well in human anatomy, medicine, practically and theoretically, and how that applies in sports and then you could talk to me on that level and say to me about playing, and maybe i'll clarify thing or two to you
but repeating like parrot the same is not going to get you more brothers and sisters of any kind to this thread, and surely is not going to grow a proper discussion, because you started with ofenses. Your start is bad and personally driven, learn not to live in denial, ana did it so it seems you can too
thank you for having my best interest in heart, sorry if i do not comply , it is just that i do not need any siblings regarding the question
reinforcement is often asked or mentioned when someone is not managing things like he should
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2428
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

lol. ana does not talk up her injuries, unlike a certain someone else if ana says she is injured she is injured and she won't and shouldn't play.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #2429
country flag Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
lol. ana does not talk up her injuries, unlike a certain someone else if ana says she is injured she is injured and she won't and shouldn't play.
you mean jj?
but they are the same, only their motives are different
there is no pro player that did not maximaze or fake injury for some benefit, do not be naive
the worst thing you colud do is believe the press and the players blindly, you do not have idea how much you are manipulated if you do
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #2430
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you mean jj?
but they are the same, only their motives are different
there is no pro player that did not minimaze or fake injury for some benefit, do not be naive
the worst thing you colud do is believe the press and the players blindly, you do not have idea how much you are manipulated
yes, i mean jj, the serbian warrior princess who is always so "injured" when she is playing for her country. that's transparently not to be trusted since she is obviously creating unnecessary drama. i can see some benefits for her, though, that kinda behaviour appeals to patriotic morons who adore such "heroes".

on the other hand what benefit did ana have from pulling out of the hopman cup and sidney? or from the olympic games?
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote