** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 86 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #1276
country flag NewShoulderPlz.

NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
1:04pm Mooloo Maria? (Arn/Sharapova 4-1)

I'm not sure on the rules regarding instruments here at the ASB Tennis Centre but it would appear there's a lone Waikato fan here supporting Sharapova. Everytime the Russian wins a point the cow bell rings and while it's no vuvuzela, I'm unsure if you'd get away with that at Wimbledon?

Meanwhile Sharapova looks to be struggling on court against 31 year old Greta Arn.

1:26pm Sluggish Sharapova (Arn/Sharapova 6-2)

After an obsession from parts of the media about Sharapova's dreams this week, she's had anything but a dream start to her quarter-final dropping the first set to WTA 'journey-woman' Greta Arn. I missed the second half of the set while at the Wickmayer press conference but ONE News' own Simon Dallow confirmed she's 'looking sluggish.'

I imagine there's a few Sharapova fans sitting on tickets for the next two days feeling a bit nervous about now.

Wickmayer was understandably happy with her performance today and reckons after a few more practices serving in the Auckland win she'll be ready for tomorrow's semi.

In other news, after discussion with the other media here I'm unsure if the ringing mentioned in my last post is in fact a cow bell but I will continue my investigations.

2:16pm Sharapova over (Arn/Sharapova 6-2 7-5)

What an upset. The top seed and probably the biggest name in the tournament's history has been knocked out by little known Hungarian Greta Arn. A disappointment to fans I'm sure.

Arn spoke well after the match telling the crowd when she feels like a little girl whose dream's come true, never mind that she's seven years Sharapova's senior!

Time for a press conference, I'm told she won't hang around long.

2:29pm Arn explained

Well I've done the research and it would appear this is the biggest win of Greta Arn's 15 year career. The highest ranked player she'd beaten previously was world No. 28 Alona Bondarenko. In her decade and a half as a pro she's had one WTA title win and won around $US500,000. Her highest ranking is 81 and she didn't achieve that until last year.

Still no word on whether Sharapova will speak to the media.

3:30pm Arn explained part two (Peng/Watson 6-4)

After attending the press conferences of both the players I feel a bit more enlightened about the unknown underdog Greta Arn. Turns out Arn turned pro when she was 17 but a few years into her career a dodgy agent "put her in the red numbers" as she put it, forcing her out of tennis for three years as she had to find a day job - in the media of all industries.

Sharapova was more circumspect when speaking to the press but answered all the questions put to her ina her utterly professional manner. She says she's unsure of her plans between now and the start of the Australian Open next Monday but a wildcard at an event in Sydney looks likely.

http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic...y-four-3993178

MARIA Career GrandSlam SHARAPOVA

NewShoulderPlz. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #1277
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I started off really slow, got down two breaks and I think she gained a tremendous amount of confidence from that," said Sharapova.

"I had my chances in the second set but I didn't play the same way I had played to get there. Obviously I would have loved to play a few more here and be the winner, but that's the way it goes. You look forward to the next one.

"That's the good thing about tennis."
Rest of the Article is about Heather Watson
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9342952.stm

Sorry if this has been posted already, I checked back a few pages but I may have missed this.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #1278
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Bla bla bla, she always says the same things, if she know she should play aggressive and play her own game, why is it so difficult for her to do it when she's actually playing? What's holding her back?

It seems that after her heartbreaking loss again the weather... I mean Clijsters she hasn't been the same, her loss to Wozniacki seems to have 'pushed' her over the edge.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1279
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

i'm not worry about her performance before the AO.
of me, she doesn't want that others girls see her game so she plays one or two matches and she doesn't force herself.

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1280
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Please play Sydney. Please girl do it, it's for the best.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #1281
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterenka View Post
Please play Sydney. Please girl do it, it's for the best.
Why to get double bagelled
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1282
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlio View Post
Why to get double bagelled
She needs to keep practicing hard. And if she wins 1 match there, it would do wonders for her confidence. There are no easy first rounds there. At least she'll face decent opponents this time.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1283
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

TennisReporters

Just heard Sharapova will not take a WC into Sydney
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1284
country flag CROUCHING TIGER

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

Here she played lucky losers and quallies. And u would her in Sydney? LOL...poor Masha.
CROUCHING TIGER is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1285
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Ffs Mashenka

Another week of that off-season training ftw
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #1286
Break My Rapture
Heaux

No. No. No. No, just no.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #1287
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
TennisReporters

Just heard Sharapova will not take a WC into Sydney
Having watched her play last night I am kinda glad. Considering Sydney's field she would have been trashed if played like yesterday. Just hope for an easy first round opponent at the OZ or maybe a miracle. Pulling a Serena '07 run is beyond science fiction.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #1288
country flag rochelle100

rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light

From Maria's Facebook:

Maria Sharapova

Disappointing week for me, but I am trying to make some small changes in my game and it is going to take time. I know all my hard work the past 2 months is going to pay off down the road. I am off to Melbourne to get back to work.
rochelle100 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #1289
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

What changes?

Well good to hear she knows this was disappointing and that she is going to get back to work
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #1290
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
What changes?

Well good to hear she knows this was disappointing and that she is going to get back to work
Why small?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread