** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM   #1246
country flag ~MashyOwnThemAll

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Sharapova Highlights Day One

Top seed Maria Sharapova see early action on Day One of the ASB Classic.

Russian Maria Sharapova is relaxed, practiced, acclimatised and ready to take the court on Day One at the ASB Classic.

The top seed faces a tricky first-round KIA Motors Singles encounter with Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro, ranked 57 in the world, in the third match scheduled for centre court in today’s sold-out day session.

In fact, Sharapova requested the Monday start virtually from the day she signed up for the tournament and has obviously spent the past six days preparing with that timing in mind.

“My last tournament was over two months ago and it will be really good to get back playing again,” she says. “My priority since I’ve been here has been to adjust to time and conditions ... I’ve had a couple of practices a day and think that has been really important.”

The former world number one and three-time Grand Slam winner struggled somewhat last year after a series of injuries hampered her progress. Her last outing was a second-round loss to countrywoman Elena Vesnina in Beijing last October.

Currently ranked 18, she has never played Suarez Navarro, but expects a solid workout.

“She has had some great tournaments in her career already,” says Sharapova. “She hits the ball with spin and moves well, but most of her results have been on clay.

“It will be a good match.”

The other feature singles match of Day One will immediately precede Sharapova’s debut and pits local wild card Sacha Jones against wily Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Jones is excited at meeting the two-time Grand Slam winner, and realistic about the gulf between their rankings – Kuznetsova is 27 and Jones 289.

“It would be a big upset, but you never know,” she says. “If I go out there and play well, I feel like anything can happen.

“I’ve worked hard to come so far, so you have to back yourself. My friends and family have never had the opportunity to watch me play, so it will be a novel experience for me and I want to enjoy it.”

http://www.asbclassic.co.nz/news/day-one-schedule.html
~MashyOwnThemAll is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1247
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

Maria's match is less than ninety minutes from now?

January 3
00:30 L. Dominguez Lino
R. Voracova
00:30 M. Sharapova
C. Suarez Navarro
01:45 A. Keothavong
E. Gallovits
06:30 K.Bondarenko
K. Date Krumm
nelsondan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 05:42 AM   #1248
country flag NewShoulderPlz.

NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future NewShoulderPlz. has a brilliant future

Sharapova wins Auckland opener

Maria Sharapova, making her first appearance in New Zealand, overcame a nervous start to beat Alberta Brianti 6-2 6-3 in the Auckland Classic.

Sharapova underlined her pulling power with organisers confirming they had sold out all of the day sessions for the entire tournament just minutes before she stepped on court for her first round match.

A limited number of tickets for the three night sessions were left available, though all of Sharapova's matches will be played during the day and organisers said it was the first time the tournament, with a total prize pool of just $220,000, had been effectively sold out by the first day.

Sharapova received an enormous cheer from the 3,200 fans packed around the revamped centre court.

The 23-year-old Russian's original first round opponent Carla Suarez Navarro was changed after fifth-seeded Latvian Anastasija Sevastova withdrew with illness, making the Spaniard the eighth seed.

Italy's Brianti, who had earlier lost to Britain's Heather Watson 6-2 6-2 in qualifying, was then promoted to the main draw.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/030120...nd-opener.html

MARIA Career GrandSlam SHARAPOVA

NewShoulderPlz. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM   #1249
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis-Sharapova effect sells out Auckland tournament

* Sharapova advances in sold-out Auckland

* Kuznetsova overcomes local wildcard (Adds quotes)

Maria Sharapova underlined her pulling power on Monday with Auckland Classic organisers confirming they had sold out all of the day sessions for the entire tournament just minutes before she stepped on court for her first round match.

A limited number of tickets for the three night sessions were left available, though all of Sharapova's matches will be played during the day and organisers said it was the first time the tournament, with a total prize pool of just $220,000, had been effectively sold out by the first day.

Sharapova, making her first appearance in New Zealand, received an enormous cheer from the 3,200 fans packed around the revamped centre court, before the former world number one overcame a nervous start to beat Alberta Brianti 6-2 6-3.

The 23-year-old Russian, who will now meet Renata Voracova of the Czech Republic in the second round, said she had been pleased at the Auckland public's reaction to the tournament.

"I was surprised yesterday when I came to practice even all the people with the qualifying matches," she told reporters after her victory over the Italian.

"From a player's perspective that's really exciting ... it's my first time here and I didn't know what to expect, but it has been really great."

While Sharapova's presence has undoubtedly helped drive the ticket sales, the draw also includes two-time grand slam title winner Svetlana Kuznetsova who also made it into the second round after a 6-4 6-2 victory over local wildcard Sacha Jones.

The 25-year-old Russian, who had what she described as a year to forget in 2010 and finished outside the top-20 for the first time since 2004 and will meet China's Peng Shuai in the next round, also praised the crowd for their support.

"I have played many courts and crowds, but I tell you this is a lot of people for the tournament, even for the qualifiers, there were lots of people," Kuznetsova said.

"I was surprised at how many people came here, but the people obviously love tennis and love to watch. It's a pleasure for all of the players to come and play in front of the crowd."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/03012011/...ournament.html
joćo. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1250
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontchokeplz. View Post
Sharapova wins Auckland opener

Maria Sharapova, making her first appearance in New Zealand, overcame a nervous start to beat Alberta Brianti 6-2 6-3 in the Auckland Classic.

Sharapova underlined her pulling power with organisers confirming they had sold out all of the day sessions for the entire tournament just minutes before she stepped on court for her first round match.

Sharapova received an enormous cheer from the 3,200 fans packed around the revamped centre court.

The 23-year-old Russian's original first round opponent Carla Suarez Navarro was changed after fifth-seeded Latvian Anastasija Sevastova withdrew with illness, making the Spaniard the eighth seed.

Italy's Brianti, who had earlier lost to Britain's Heather Watson 6-2 6-2 in qualifying, was then promoted to the main draw.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/030120...nd-opener.html

You better believe it

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM   #1251
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone feel like Maria's website has been updated a little? Now it has a slight orange tint to it. IIRC it wasn't orange before, wasn't it? My guess is that it's because of her sponsorship with HEAD. I dislike the orange.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM   #1252

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold

Performance meets Style – Maria Sharapova joins the HEAD team!

Arguably, there is no other player on the WTA tour who embodies the symbiosis between performance and style on court as impressively as Maria Sharapova. Starting January 1st, 2011 the 23 year-old Russian is combining her style with the performance of HEAD as Sharapova is joining the very successful team of the “HEAD Racquet Rebels”.

HEAD is extremely proud to announce this newest addition to its player portfolio, which currently already includes – with Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Robin Soderling - the world’s number three, four and five ranked player on the ATP World Tour. Johan Eliasch, CEO of HEAD N.V.:“We are proud to have Maria on board with so many other great tennis athletes like Novak, Andy and Robin. She definitely helps us build a much stronger women’s team together with Victoria Azarenka and Svetlana Kuznetsova.”

Together, Maria and HEAD are now developing a new racquet which will perfectly support her powerful game and help Maria getting back to top position in the WTA ranking. “I am excited to be in the HEAD Team and looking forward to this partnership. With my new HEAD weapon I am confident to regain a spot among the Top 10 again soon”, she explains her decision for HEAD.

At her young age, Maria Sharapova is a tennis icon on court, an impressively dedicated athlete, and the idol of many young female players. She is also a fashion icon representing style on and off the court. In 2010, she was elected Favorite WTA Singles Player, as well as Most Fashionable On Court and Most Fashionable Off Court Player in the WTA Fan Favourite Voting Awards.

But most of all, Maria Sharapova is a true champion: In 2004, at age of 17, she won her first Grand Slam Title at Wimbledon beating top seed Serena Williams in the final. She has claimed two more Grand Slam titles at the US Open 2006 and the Australian Open 2008. In four separate occasions the WTA had ranked her World No. 1 in singles before serious shoulder problems in October 2008 have been forcing her out of the game for nearly ten months. Off-court, Maria Sharapova has been featured in a number of modelling assignments – including a feature in the famous Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue – and picked as face of many fashion houses, but her first priority remains tennis, of course.

When she came back in May 2009 she was ranked No. 126 due to her extensive lay-off. But since this comeback she could win three more titles – bringing her to a career total of 22 – and recovered her ranking to World No.18 again. Together with HEAD as her new racquet partner, she is planning to get back to the top.

The cooperation with Maria will open new dimensions for HEAD to offer performance and style products. The partnership includes, next to the high-performance tour racquet line, a range of junior and kid’s racquets, accessories, and tennis bags. Sharapova will be closely involved in the development and design of these products, which will be launched in Retail in fall of 2011 and supported by a Retail and Digital Marketing Communication campaign.
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 02:53 PM   #1253
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
Does anyone feel like Maria's website has been updated a little? Now it has a slight orange tint to it. IIRC it wasn't orange before, wasn't it? My guess is that it's because of her sponsorship with HEAD. I dislike the orange.
I hate the orange. Looks like a tan job gone bad.

Yay! @ the official announcement.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1254
country flag Sharapovian
Pinkpova

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
Yep the orange tint is definitely because of head it's like their main colour, they always use it in ads.

This is what it used to be like, so much better.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...69.65920772679
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1255
MaruSharapova

MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light

Lol they even gave the racquet the HEAD label, as opposed to the blank racquet they showed before
MaruSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 05:56 PM   #1256
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

No comments from Maria about her Auckland R1 match?
I`m curious to see what Maria says about her game.

Really hope 2011 will be a successful year for Maria, especially the Grand Slams!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM   #1257

FB:

Quote:
Good morning from Auckland. I was glad to get a win last night, first match of the year is always a little tricky, especially when you get a new opponent right before the match. I think many of you will notice the new stencil on my racket? I am really excited to announce my new partnership with Head Tennis. We have developed an amazing new racket that will be on the market later this year.
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1258
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

so THAT'S what she was talking about when she said only her fans would notice something different a while back?
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1259
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

If so... LAAAAAME!!!!!!!

We've noticed she's been playing with a different racket 8 months ago!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1260
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
If so... LAAAAAME!!!!!!!

We've noticed she's been playing with a different racket 8 months ago!
She does not rely that we are very bright, I guess.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread