Sharapova signs with HEAD - official debut in Auckland on Monday - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:39 PM   #1
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Sharapova signs with HEAD - official debut in Auckland on Monday

According to Matt Cronin, he reports on twitter. Article detailing deal and terms on Tennis Reporters site.
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova signs with HEAD - official debut in Auckland on Monday

JAN. 1 2011- Maria Sharapova will announce a new deal with HEAD rackets on Monday, TR has learned. The five-year deal is similar to that she had with Prince, somewhere in the range of $2 million annually. Sharapova will have her own signature line of rackets with HEAD, as well as a junior racket line.

The former No. 1 announced a couple of weeks ago that she had ended her 10-year relationship with Prince. She has been play testing her new racket since early November.

Sharapova is scheduled to play Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro in the first round of Auckland. If the top seed wins the match, she will not accept a wild card into the next week’s tournament in Sydney, as she’s figuring that getting at least two matches in Auckland will be enough before she heads to Melbourne for the Australian Open, where she won her last major in 2008. -MC
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM   #3
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
JAN. 1 2011- Maria Sharapova will announce a new deal with HEAD rackets on Monday, TR has learned. The five-year deal is similar to that she had with Prince, somewhere in the range of $2 million annually. Sharapova will have her own signature line of rackets with HEAD, as well as a junior racket line.

The former No. 1 announced a couple of weeks ago that she had ended her 10-year relationship with Prince. She has been play testing her new racket since early November.

Sharapova is scheduled to play Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro in the first round of Auckland. If the top seed wins the match, she will not accept a wild card into the next week’s tournament in Sydney, as she’s figuring that getting at least two matches in Auckland will be enough before she heads to Melbourne for the Australian Open, where she won her last major in 2008. -MC
Is she serious with this shit? Two matches going into a major is not enough, especially for someone struggling with her form. Yes, I know Serena did it in 2007, but that is the exception not the rule. Good luck with that Maria, I hope for your sake, you don't have a first round loss again.

Last edited by brickhousesupporter : Jan 1st, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
brickhousesupporter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM   #4
country flag marquis.de.sade

marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice marquis.de.sade is just really nice

2 matches are definitely not enough. If she looses before the semifinal, she should play Sydney.
marquis.de.sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 10:07 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins against CSN, it doesn't mean she's tanking the 2nd round. Sydney is an emergency precaution, if Cronin has this info correctly.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 10:20 PM   #6
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold

Even if she wins the Auckland 2011, she should play in Sydney, just to figure out the real level she'll have to deal with at the 2011 Aussie Open, as Sydney's field is really tough ...
Prince was a perfect choice for Sharapova, HEAD is not enough classious ...
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:01 PM   #7
country flag choi15

choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of

mmmhmmmmmm Masha finally gettin' some head! You go gurlllllllllllllll
choi15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:03 PM   #8
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Expected. Now just win Auckland please.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:04 PM   #9
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

She may think she likes head. But she doesnt love it half as much as Sexlana.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM   #10
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold

I wonder who of Svetlana, Victoria or Maria will be HEAD's major figure
I think it will be Maria, but a little doubt keeps on.
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:14 PM   #11
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:17 PM   #12
country flag Sharapovian
Pinkpova

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Seen this coming
Anyway hopefully it will do her good
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM   #13
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
Head Hierachy:

1. Djoker
2. Murray
3. Masha

The rest are really just fillers.

The only thing I'm really excited about is the official press release // what Masha's (well, her team) is gonna post on FB. Are they gonna admit that Prince f*cked up her shoulder or are they gonna praise HEAD as a "leading brand in racket sports" yadda yaddda blah blah blub?

Ok, so if Masha loses her first match, she's gonna play Sydney, if she loses her 2nd she's not? Oh well, better win this tourney than, Mash.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:23 PM   #14
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Is she serious with this shit? Two matches going into a major is not enough, especially for someone struggling with her form. Yes, I know Serena did it in 2007, but that is the exception not the rule. Good luck with that Maria, I hope for your sake, you don't have a first round loss again.
Maria always does this though, as she normally goes to Hong Kong and plays 2 or 3 singles matches. And with the exception of last year, she always did well in Melbourne.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM   #15
country flag Mattographer
Also known as AlexSydney

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

She should come to Sydney to get used to her new racquet.

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote