ART Sydney- Week 1 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM   #166
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ART Sydney- Week 1

Masha won? i promise an article will come
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #167
country flag TatiNovic

TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future

Aravane/Anna
TatiNovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #168
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova wins Medibank International

SYDNEY, AUS - Maria Sharapova declared herself the favourite of Hopman Cup. She didn't play well at all, losing all 4 of her matches. However, with expectations at its lowest, the Russian managed to string together a couple of wins to hand her the 1st title of the year. She defeated Victoria Azarenka in 3 sets, the best match of the tournament. The scoreline 67(7) 75 63. It took Sharapova almost 2 hours to break away from her feisty opponent. Victoria took the first set in a tiebreaker, and things were ever until 5-5. Azarenka started to fade out and the Russian took advantage, breaking 2 consecutive times, and staying on serve to capture the Medibank International.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Sharapova
You know, I came into this tournament with no expectations. I was absolutely dreadful in Perth, and all I wanted was to perform better here. I managed to win where it counts. Hopefully this puts me in a good position in the Australian Open. I'm hoping I can even do better there. We'll see.
Quote:
I'd like to dedicate this win to Dominika Cibulkova. Girl said I was a stupid blonde Russian. No, I am a stupid blonde Russian who just got richer.
Sharapova was gracious of her opponent in the trophy ceremony, commentating on her attitude and her potential in the ART Tour.

Quote:
I'd like to thank and congratulate Victoria Azarenka. You know, it was a great match. You have some real potential. I think you'll be a player to watch for in the future. I hope we can meet again, and hopefully maybe I'll win then. You know, good luck in the Australian Open and I know you will do well there.
In the press, it was different.

Quote:
HAHAHA. Did you see at 2-0 in the 3rd set. Vika was serving so shitastically. She serve 4 double faults to hand me the break. And she started freaking and smashing her rackets all over the place. I was just glad the racquets weren't aimed at me. WHEW. But, I did get a bit nervous when she pulled the whip out of her bag though.
Maria Sharapova will now head to Melbourne with her head held high. She stated that she aims to win and fight and grind just like she did this week.

Quote:
I'm excited to head to Melbourne. My ultimate goal is to win Australian Open, but it's best to set smaller goals you know, such as not serving 10+ double faults a match, hitting less than 20 unforced errors. I know it's hard but I'll try. But of course I am also committed to doubles. Not as much as singles, but yea. Things didn't go our way this week, but me and Jelena will try to work out a strategy that will hopefully help us.

Last edited by claypova : Dec 24th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #169
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
Masha
Vika
Daniela Great week.
thanks gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylealex919 View Post
congrats Maria...we obviously had the same strategy and you put out more points here obviously taking the win.

I can't wait until our next match, I'll be looking for revenge
you ain't getting revenge next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovicjovanski View Post
Yay i won the doubles ( Rezai we have to play together in the aussie
and congrats maria and nice try bojana you had a great run!
thanks Bojana. i just realised that my win over you was revenge
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #170
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Woooo go Masha!!! You rock :cheer2:
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #171
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Masha
Sorry Lachy if Sam lost the doubles SF, hey, atleast a SF

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #172
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Maria
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Julia Cohen
Elena Dementieva, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #173
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

Maria