What's Wozniacki's natural hair color? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
What's Wozniacki's natural hair color?

I used to think it was blonde but, judging from her roots recently, it seems like she's naturally brown haired.

Then again, it looks like all the known "blondes" on the WTA are not natural blondes at all.
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #2
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Wozniacki's natural hair color?

What you call dark roots is a trick of the light mixed with perspiration imho.
My own hair which is 'fair', also looks dark during prolonged heavy physical activity and or when wet. Fair hair also changes colour depending on where you are, the weather/humidity, time of year, and local pollution levels. In London mine turns to dark fair and flat, while in northern denmark it reverts to wavy blonde.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #3
country flag QuietPlease

QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future

This is how she looked at 12 years old, I doubt she colored her hair back then...

2006 Year End #237 - 2007 Year End #64 - 2008 Year End #12 - 2009 Year End #4

2010 Year End #1
2011 Year End #1

2012 Year End #10 - 2013 Year End #10
QuietPlease is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #4
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlease View Post
This is how she looked at 12 years old, I doubt she colored her hair back then...

Aww, look how cute she was.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #5
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Judging by that pic, I'd say light-brown. Yeah, what some call "dirty blonde."
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #6
country flag pov

@Burisleif,
The change in color based on location is a very interesting - and, at the moment,perplexing - thing.
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #7
country flag suzie96

suzie96 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she's more blond now cause of lot of sun, not because she colored her hair. When she was younger she also was blond, I saw her lot of times. Plus in Denmark sun was only in summer so in other months her hair was more dark That's just my opinion
suzie96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #8
country flag QuietPlease

QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie96 View Post
I think she's more blond now cause of lot of sun, not because she colored her hair. When she was younger she also was blond, I saw her lot of times. Plus in Denmark sun was only in summer so in other months her hair was more dark That's just my opinion
Good point! Now she's in the sunshine year long.

My hair always brightens during the summer too.

2006 Year End #237 - 2007 Year End #64 - 2008 Year End #12 - 2009 Year End #4

2010 Year End #1
2011 Year End #1

2012 Year End #10 - 2013 Year End #10
QuietPlease is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #9
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

The UV-rays in sunlight always makes the hair paler/brighter no matter if you are blonde or brunette.
That's why the roots of her hair is darker than the rest of the hair, because the roots has not been exposed to the sun yet.
Since Caro is a pro tennis player, she doesn't experience much winter, as the tennis seasons is planned so they play in Australia and other places south of equator during their summer or close to equator where it's warm and sunny year round, while it's winter north of equator.
The summer in Denmark is quite short but with long days, so here it's easy to tell how peoples hair pales during the summer and gets darker again during the winter unless they use tanning beds. If you spend most of the time outside in the sun, year round like pro tennis players does, then your hair color won't change much during the year. But your roots will be darker than the rest of the hair until it grow out and gets exposed to the sun. It can look almost like when someone who has been dying her hair a while ago and the hair has grown since, so the roots haven't been dyed.
You can get hair products with UV-protection, just like skin protection.

Hair can also get darker as you grow older. Many people who are born very blone (almost white hair) can gradually get darker hair while they grow up. So if you compare a picture of a 20-year old with a picture of the same person as an under 10-year old, he/she might have much darker hair now than as a kid.

Last edited by stangtennis : Nov 16th, 2010 at 08:33 PM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote