Ana Vrljic cheering thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #181
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Next stop Ismaning 50k+H, cause in the QF of Istanbul Ana lost to Bychkova in three sets. Not a bad score, if we consider that Bychkova was around #60 a few years ago, and that she's still ranked higher than Ana. This was their third match and Bychkova won all three, but this is the 2nd time Ana took a set (first being two years ago in Zagreb 75k).

Good luck in Germany!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM   #182
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Not an easy draw for Ana in Ismaning (50k+H), she plays a former #167 and current #354 Carmen Klaschka of Germany in R1. They've never played eachother and it seems like Ana is currently in a much better form, but this might be a tough job anyway.

Ajmo Ana!
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 06:02 AM   #183
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Not an easy draw for Ana in Ismaning (50k+H), she plays a former #167 and current #354 Carmen Klaschka of Germany in R1.
Maybe not an easy draw, but it was an easy win:
Ana VRLJIC (CRO) defeated Carmen KLASCHKA (GER) 6-2 6-1
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM   #184
country flag ma re

Great news! I really didn't see it coming, not as easy as that

Next it's either the 6th seed Voegele or Cavaday. She beat Cavaday once before (4 years ago on hard in 3 sets), but never played Voegele.

Anyway, good luck Ana
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM   #185
country flag ma re

Naomi Cavaday (GBR) def. (6)Stefanie Voegele (SUI) 7:5, 6:3.
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #186
country flag ma re

Naomi Cavaday (GBR) def. Ana Vrljic (CRO) 6:4, 6:2
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #187
country flag ma re

Back to 200 again, from 202 to 196 this week!
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #188
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ For many weeks now Ana has been flirting with her career-high ranking (#191) but hasn't been able to surpass it...
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #189
country flag ma re

Ana made it into AO qualies and at the start she'll play the 9th seed Llagostera Vives. At first glance it seems like she has no chance, but if you look at Nuria's end of 2010 results, you'll see that she was loosing to some players quite a bit lower in the rankings than Ana. So I think if Ana gets there well prepared, we might even witness a bit of an upset, although Nuria is obviously very far from her best game at the moment (ranked somewhere in the 120's).

Ajmo Ana
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #190
country flag networthy

Ana should have good motivation for this match. If she can somehow cause the upset, she'll move up to a new career-high ranking.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM   #191
country flag ma re

Ana is still without a win in 2011, she (as the 5th seed) lost in straight sets R1 of Sutton 25k to some 18 y.o. qualifier with a ranking of 777. Really something she should've won...
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #192
country flag ma re

Another chance awaits in Paris. Ana is into the quali draw, and she's actually quite lucky with her first opponent (considerint it's a Premier series WTA event), she'll play a wild-card Guisard - ranked 374, with a career-high #228. Ana really can't afford to blow this opportunity and at least make one win here. They've played 3 times already, Ana won the first two, both in straights, while Guisard won in Limoges in '09, 2:6, 6:4, 6:3.

Good luck!
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #193
country flag ma re

What better place to start playing good than at a big tournament. After beating Guisard easily (6:3, 6:0), Ana beat the 3rd seed of qualies, Maria Elena Camerin (WTA #118, career-high #41), 6:1, 6:4

For a place in the main draw she'll face the 7th seed Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (WTA #187, career-high #61). They've played once before, on some challenger back in '05, and the French won easily - 2 & 4. But that was a season which Stephanie finished at #105, while Ana's '05 ended at #309, so I'd expect this match to be quite a bit different.

Qualifiers will play Safarova, (8)Cibulkova, (4)Kvitova and Makarova.

Ajmo Ana
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #194
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
What better place to start playing good than at a big tournament. After beating Guisard easily (6:3, 6:0), Ana beat the 3rd seed of qualies, Maria Elena Camerin (WTA #118, career-high #41), 6:1, 6:4

For a place in the main draw she'll face the 7th seed Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (WTA #187, career-high #61). They've played once before, on some challenger back in '05, and the French won easily - 2 & 4. But that was a season which Stephanie finished at #105, while Ana's '05 ended at #309, so I'd expect this match to be quite a bit different.

Qualifiers will play Safarova, (8)Cibulkova, (4)Kvitova and Makarova.

Ajmo Ana
Congratulations to Ana and good luck to her--but, man, those are some tough quali placements
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #195
country flag ma re

She did it...and plays Cibulkova tomorrow

Good luck Ana!