** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM   #586
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyannnnn View Post
she says nothing when amelie, henin(1st) and kim(1st) retired
why now for dementieva???
are y sure she didnt say something for justine? They respect each other a lot

URUGUAY
slamchamp is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 09:47 PM   #587
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamchamp View Post
are y sure she didnt say something for justine? They respect each other a lot
when she come back yes (because she is surprised that she retired and then come back) but i don't remember she says something when justine retired

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM   #588
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

When Justine retired, Maria said she'd do the same if she was 25 and had that many major titles.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 10:02 PM   #589
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
When Justine retired, Maria said she'd do the same if she was 25 and had that many major titles.
ok but she says nothing like she will miss her, she was a good player,...
she just says what she will do when she will be 25

justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 10:55 PM   #590
country flag trimtrab

trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyannnnn View Post
ok but she says nothing like she will miss her, she was a good player,...
she just says what she will do when she will be 25

Quote:
Q. Secondly, try and put yourself in Justine Henin's shoes and tell us why you might not like tennis and decide to retire from tennis.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't think she's retiring from tennis because she doesn't like tennis. She's 25 years old and has achieved so much in her career and has had incredible success on the court.
If I'm 25 and I won I don't know how many Grand Slams she's won, seven or something, I'd call it quits as well.
You know, I wouldn't be disappointed leaving the sport, because obviously there's a lot more to life than tennis. She's had a very long career, and you never know, maybe one day she'll be back.
She's done incredible things for the sport. She's shown that without being the strongest or the tallest girl on the tour she's been able to win so many matches in so many tournaments and Grand Slams. She's an inspiration to many young girls coming up.
Like I said, there are so many things in life, and I'm sure she wants to explore them as well. I definitely don't blame her for retiring.

Q. So that means you understand very well what Justine has done and you could do it also?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely, yeah. I think -- like I said, I just, I mean, you're 25 years old, and tennis starts at a very young age. You're basically committing every day of your life to tennis.
No matter what days you have off or how long you have off, you're always thinking but consequences to what you're doing and how that's going to affect your training and performance.
It's tough to be able to do what we do day in and day out. There's only a certain amount of time. Everybody is different and everybody can withstand it as much as they can.
But I totally understand where she's coming from. Like I said, I don't think she has anything to regret. She's had a great career. If I were in her shoes, I would probably do the same thing.
that's what she said of Henin's retirement.
trimtrab is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 10:59 PM   #591

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I see cyannnnn's point. It's not like she made a statement on her own. Neither back then, nor now, whereas several others have taken to twitter or facebook to say something about Elena and her decision to retire from tennis.
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:15 PM   #592
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Mash never really says much about other players. The media will ask and she’ll give her whole ‘shes a great player and very good for the sport’ answer (which BTW is generic for retirements and comebacks ), but likely won’t go to her FB or anything to do so.

(A Maria/friends joke would work here... but I don't wanna be a Drama Llama)

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM   #593
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Martha is a shank with no friends.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:34 AM   #594
country flag Sha_ra_po_va

Sha_ra_po_va has disabled reputation

anyone know why maria's website has been down for days?
Sha_ra_po_va is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:46 AM   #595
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Sharapova
I wanted to let you know we’re in the process of re-developing my website www.mariasharapova.com. It will be offline for a while in case you go looking for it. You guys will be the first to know when we’re ready to go live with the new one. You’re going to like this new version.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:13 AM   #596
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Mash never really says much about other players. The media will ask and she’ll give her whole ‘shes a great player and very good for the sport’ answer (which BTW is generic for retirements and comebacks ), but likely won’t go to her FB or anything to do so.

(A Maria/friends joke would work here... but I don't wanna be a Drama Llama)
True, its pretty much the norm which is fine. By the way I think she did say something during the AO about Kim retiring...that was after the match when Masha beat her and they did an interview with Kim 1st so yes Masha had to say something after that....its sort of being put on the spot. I hate that shit, if Im gonna say something I'll say it, I don't want to be asked..in this case though I love Kim so it was all good.

I know, wrong place to put a pic but
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 04:14 AM   #597
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

^i love that pic

http://integrated.imgecommerce.com/a...s=111201010237

if anyone wants to bid on YEC 2007 autographed

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM   #598
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

ok, very interesting BUT

any news from her possibly hiring up someone who could help her training during this off season?
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM   #599
country flag cyannnnn

just realize that every 2 years something great happens to maria.

2004: won wimbledon
2006: won US open
2008: won AO
2010: engaged
2012: ...(Roland Garros? olympic medal? baby?...)

justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM   #600

^^Does that mean 2011 is gonna be a bust?
Closed Thread