Bombshell: Elena Dementieva Announces Her Retirement. - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #571
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bombshell: Elena Dementieva Announces Her Retirement.

Lena
It was great to watch you all these years and I'm sad to see you go.
Have a great life after tennis
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #572
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

aw lena. love her and miss her already.
any video of the speech? feel like i need to see it.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #573
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute

A nice tribute here:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni...ementieva.html

(No, it isn't Bodo writing, but PB has mentioned before that ED was one of the only women's players he liked.)

Interesting that the author mentions that he knew several days ago.
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #574
country flag squig2k

squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold

Don't know what to say.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #575
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I am just now scrolling through this whole thread and seeing all the kind messages from Lena fans and nonfans for me and for Lena fans in general... and I'm tearing up all over again.

Thank you--I was trying to respond with good reps but I ran out.

From the articles I've seen, Lena had apparently discussed retirement with some of her friends on the tour for quite some time, so this decision was not as sudden as it may seem. She has also talked some about wanting to stay involved in the sport, so hopefully we'll see her in some capacity in the future. And like a lot of you, I expect news of an engagement to follow.

This has been a tough day, and I've gotten zero done at work (sometimes, it's good to be your own boss).

But again, thanks to everyone. I hope I'm this good when your favorites step down--and I hope that day is a long way off.
very classy.
support chakvetadze now.Chaky's bangs are also beautiful.
anyway,you are such a nice person like Lena.hope you get over it soon.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #576
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute

Weird Jankovic was the only one missing at the ceremony. from singles players

Elena come baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #577
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Матвей View Post
I've just had a thought: Does anybody else think that she was hopefully planning to retire at the Fed Cup final originally, had Russia made it, instead of here?
Lena needed Zvonareva to play a match in Alabama, and that might be what happened
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #578
country flag gmokb

gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future

Wow, just like that with no warning, just like Justine. Sorry for her fans but maybe she will change her mind and return.
gmokb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #579
country flag Sebastien123

Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of

Now this is end of the world. I can't stand it.

Elena Dementieva

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
Sebastien123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #580
country flag MisterMan

MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the players realize what a huge internet fan base they have. They travel so much, have an outside life, etc... she probably didn't think it was a big deal to just retire like this.
MisterMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #581
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmokb View Post
Wow, just like that with no warning, just like Justine. Sorry for her fans but maybe she will change her mind and return.
Thats what Ive been hoping for the last couple of hours since i found out

She must come back

Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #582
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sad she hasn't won that fucking GS
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #583
country flag fermm

fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice fermm is just really nice

Do you know if there's some way to contact her? Only to congratulate and wish her the best.

Thanks.
fermm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #584
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of

Im very sad to see Elena retiring without winning that elusive GS, but you can't take away the many years of wonderful matches she has played (producing some of the best ones the last couple of years), and this year you can see that it's finally taken a toll on her physically, as well as mentally.
I wish Elena the best in life after tennis, she is truly a wonderful person with an endearing personality. I will never forget the many matches she has won with such a hinderance to her game (her serve), the 3rd set tiebreaks, and the NUMEROUS heart attacks she has given her fans.

I have been a fan of hers since watching her make that cinderella run at the U.S. Open back in 2000, amazing that its been 10 years that I have been a fan of hers, but I guess its finally time to say goodbye. Will miss you Elena Dementieva, I hope that in the future you won't just be remembered as just the bridesmaid, but the beautiful blonde who gave so much to her country of Russia, and giving her all in the matches she plays.

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #585
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

Bepa found the right words to wave farewell to Lena!
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote