Recommend a Raquet - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2010, 01:01 PM   #1
country flag silyaunWILLIAMS

silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of
Recommend a Raquet

Hi, I'm 5foot tall and an aggresive player who's looking for a better raquet. Right now I use Babolat's Nadal Junior which is 240g; headsize is 680 square centimetres and it's 25 inches (635mm) in length. Any recommendatons? A raquet and a link to where I can purchase it would be great. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #2
country flag OUT!!!

OUT!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recommend a Raquet

Hi everyone im new to the site and am about to join my local tennis club id love some advice on a racket. Im 16 and dont have a very powerful shot , im left handed and very tall but seem to hit the net a good bit. Im looking for a cheap racket that can help me on my way any suggestions?.....thanks and im glad to be part of the forum.
OUT!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #3
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelieve View Post
Hi, I'm 5foot tall and an aggresive player who's looking for a better raquet. Right now I use Babolat's Nadal Junior which is 240g; headsize is 680 square centimetres and it's 25 inches (635mm) in length. Any recommendatons? A raquet and a link to where I can purchase it would be great. Thanks.
I would ask if you need anything in regards to more spin, more power, or more control from the one you have now, and how necessary is it to change rackets?
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #4
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUT!!! View Post
Hi everyone im new to the site and am about to join my local tennis club id love some advice on a racket. Im 16 and dont have a very powerful shot , im left handed and very tall but seem to hit the net a good bit. Im looking for a cheap racket that can help me on my way any suggestions?.....thanks and im glad to be part of the forum.

This is the racquet I use and it's pretty cheap I bought it for 110$

I'm guessing it's more for the advanced player though...but you should look at some head racquets because they're cheaper then like wilson or babolat and the play good aswell
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #5
country flag OUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post

you should look at some head racquets because they're cheaper then like wilson or babolat and the play good aswell
Ye I was thinking that to my self alright .... thanks mate.
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 01:20 AM   #6
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

If you can, arrange to playtest a racket before you buy. Unless you're an absolute beginner it'll make a difference.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #7
country flag Aluminari

Aluminari is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a complete beginner, and would like some advice on purchasing a racket? I bought a random racket off eBay - Dunlop Slam 27. It seemed OK at first, but now when I strike the ball, it reverbrates up my arm and I feel serious pain. Now more than likely I am not striking the ball correctly, but then I tried a friend's old Wilson Hammer 6.7, and the anti-shock was really evident! Could anyone recommend a similar racket to this, with a lot of anti-shock, good for beginners? I am guessing a large sweet-spot would also help!
Aluminari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #8
country flag OUT!!!

I decided to get the Rodger Fedder Wilson 110 racket it has light weight technology and of course shock wave. I would highly recommend this racket for beginners it only cost me 30 quid too so why not try it out
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #9
country flag Aluminari

Aluminari is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Recommend a Raquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUT!!! View Post
I decided to get the Rodger Fedder Wilson 110 racket it has light weight technology and of course shock wave. I would highly recommend this racket for beginners it only cost me 30 quid too so why not try it out
Thanks for the reply man, I will give it a shot.
Aluminari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM   #10
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just starting to play around for fun. I have never played, but I would appreciate it if someone here could recommend me a good starting racket that's cheap/affordable. I'm about 5ft 9 if that helps. Thanks!
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #11
country flag icewind

icewind is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh im just starting out, i purchased a wilson kfactor Kontrol. i'm thinking i need a larger sweetspot, though its very good for controlled shots. any recommendations? i was thinking something like this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wilson-K-Fact...item2c581e7a69
icewind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #12
country flag silyaunWILLIAMS

silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of

Try a Babolat Aero Drive, it'll help you develop hitting topspin and with that you can be more aggressive.