** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #541
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyannnnn View Post
don't know she has friends in NZ
I would've been her friend. But not anymore. Girl lost her chance.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #542
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,I hope she does well.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #543
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Maria has more friends than all of you have together (I assume everybody of you who comment about her friends have 20 friends). She has friends in and outside sports but it is impossible for you to know them. As far as I know none of you is close to Maria and no one has a friend who is very close to Maria. That's the only way you could know how many friends Maria has.
Did you know Kobe, Pau, LeBron and Nash are her personal friends?
Did you know Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are her personal friends?
Did you know Rachel Zoe, Natasha Poly and De Niro are her friends?
The list is very long...
So, please be more respectful to Maria.

Last edited by denny5576 : Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #544
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Maria has more friends than all of you have together (I assume everybody of you who comment about her friends have 20 friends). She has friends in and outside sports but it is impossible for you to know them. As far as I know none of you is close to Maria and no one has a friend who is very close to Maria. That's the only way you could know how many friends Maria has.
The list is very long...

Are you kidding me?

And we're obviously kidding.
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #545
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The list is very long...
What the.... We have so many mutual friends, HOW have we never crossed paths Maria???!!?!?!

Anyway...
NZHerald can't stop shoving it in my face, but I like this article because its a Masha praise pit.

Quote:
Tennis: Russian 'biggest coup' for Auckland
By Dylan Cleaver and Wynne Gray
5:30 AM Thursday Oct 28, 2010

Email
Print

Maria Sharapova spent much of last year recovering from shoulder problems and surgery in 2008. Photo / AP
The signing of Russian star Maria Sharapova has added glamour and grunt to New Zealand's premier women's tennis tournament.

The three-time Grand Slam winner was yesterday confirmed for the ASB Classic, and tournament director Richard Palmer rates it as the biggest coup's in the event's 15-year history.

"This one ranks right up there," he said. "To get a player of her calibre and a person of her calibre ... We're rapt to get her."

There have been several big names that have made it to the Classic, but few with the cachet of Sharapova.

Anna Kournikova had the biggest profile, while Mary Pierce, Lindsay Davenport, Anastasia Myskina, Francesca Schiavone, Amelie Mauresmo and Conchita Martinez have all won Grand Slams.

Sharapova arguably trumps them all. She has a massive profile, has won on the biggest stage and at 23 is still capable of winning the big ones.

Speaking on a conference call from Los Angeles, where she is taking a break from the tour after an injury-wracked 2010, the Russian said she had made a commitment to return to Hong Kong, before opting for the more tranquil surrounds of Stanley St.

"I'd heard incredible things about New Zealand but had never been there, so I just wanted to change it up a little bit," she said.

Before the call started the gathered were under strict instructions not to ask any questions about her recent engagement to LA Lakers basketball player Sasha Vujacic.

The thorny issue of her decibel rating was broached, however, with the Russian showing a deft touch by managing to avoid answering any questions about her grunting.

When asked if she was still hitting the high notes, she simply replied: "Have you seen any of my matches on TV lately ... There's your answer then."

Sharapova was born in Siberia. Handed her first tennis racquet at 4, she showed uncommon talent and by 7 was encouraged to emigrate to the US to join Nick Bollettieri's vaunted academy in Florida.

Money was so tight father Yuri worked as a dishwasher to fund her lessons, and visa restrictions prevented mother Yelena joining them until two years later.

Life has changed a bit since then, with Sharapova regularly featuring in the world's richest sportswomen lists.

She has been plagued by shoulder problems since 2008, having surgery at the end of that year to repair a rotator cuff tear. That meant she could not defend her Australian Open title in 2009 and spent much of that year rehabilitating.

This year has been kinder to her, though she failed to make it past the round of 16 in any of the four Grand Slam tournaments.

After a recent bout of sickness she is taking time off to recuperate, but she remained sure she would be in top shape by the New Year.

MARIA SHARAPOVA

* Born April 19, 1987.
* Grand Slam wins at 2004 Wimbledon; 2006 US Open; 2008 Australian Open.
* 22 WTA titles.
* Made the cover of Sports Illustrated's 2006 Swimsuit Issue and People magazine's 50 most Beautiful People.
* Listed by Forbes as one of the richest female athletes in the world.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10683544

Quote:
btw whos bolivia smith?
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #546
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice

Quote:
The list is very long...
A joke is a joke is a joke.

Humour is based on a percieved conception of a person's particular status whether that is true or not, the fact of whether or not Maria has a lot of friends is irrelevant to the joke -- the point is that there is a popular conception that she has little friends.

For **** sake, why do I always need to explain simple shit like this to you guys?

PS I;m drunk, lolzerrrssssssssssss
Solidus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #547
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
In her recent interview, little Martha said she was surprised and didn't believe that her friend Martha was getting engaged when she first found out. Little Martha also added that she doesn't think it will necessarily lead to marriage but nevertheless wishes her best of luck.
LOL at little Martha. To add, she said that at first she did not believe it when read Maria was engaged and that "just because she's engaged, it doesn't mean that tomorrow she's getting married." She also said that she's happy that Maria has found her love.. and we'll see. Then she says(not sure of the literal translating) god willing, that Maria will get married.

she also talks about their friendship. They met when they were 13 in Germany. Since that moment they've clicked and became good friends. Now, since they live in different countries, they don't see each other that often, but they occasionally talk on the phone and write to each other.

Edit: The guys also asked her what present she would give Maria for her wedding, and she said something from Russia since Maria has everything else.

Last edited by lefty24 : Oct 28th, 2010 at 01:11 AM.
lefty24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #548
country flag roddo1234

roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute

denny5576 you can rest easy, I have no friends at all and as you can see from my avatar
Maria definitely disapproves of me.
roddo1234 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #549
country flag roddo1234

roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute

roddo1234 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #550
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddo1234 View Post
Sometimes I forget how big of a superstar Maria is. It's kind of ridiculous.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #551
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

My Kiwi friends couldn't care less about tennis. Although it's amaze to see Aucklanders trying to make this tourney a sellout.

Quote:
The list is very long...
Oh my God, please tell me you're not serious.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #552
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post

This photo was posted too Anyone from NZ recognise it?

That's Auckland.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #553
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The list is very long...

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #554
country flag gc-spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Sometimes I forget how big of a superstar Maria is. It's kind of ridiculous.
Even in her current state she's such a big friggin deal its so insane- yet there's a real possibilty she'll make it like two rounds! She's gonna make Kournikova's visit here seem non-existent. The only athlete with greater superstardomness who has trumped this is when Tiger Woods came here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
That's Auckland.
Precisely its Auckland CBD from on top of Mt Eden, a random lump of a 'mountain' in the middle of the suburbs. Tehy couldve google imaged a better one.

Quote:
btw whos bolivia smith?
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #555
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
the point is that there is a popular conception that she has little friends.
Obviously you wanted to say a popular misconception ...
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread