Big West - news 2010-11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Big West - news 2010-11

Started to talk about rankings, predictions, analysis, players and news in general relating to the Big West Conference.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 10th, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #2
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
UC Irvine

This UCI player from Germany has forced me to learn about the German Tennis Federation rankings which is written in German.

- A German to English translation website was invaluable.

Rangliste = rankings
Damen = women
Datum = date

That's all I pretty much needed to know to find the current and past German rankings!

- Some interesting notes I found. Mucki is from the club TC Schoenberg, the same club as Hawaii's former #1 Ellen Linsenbolz.

- Mucki's Under 21 ranking was about the same as Nebraska's #5 singles Janine Weinreich. Weinreich defeated Long Beach St.'s Sarah Cantlay last season.

- Mucki's highest Under 21 ranking was better than the highest ranking of both Pacific's #3 singles Julia Hansen and #2 singles Christina Goehl. That's encouraging. Now it's more clear why UCI is taking a chance on her.

- Germany Under 18 girls ranking for 10/2007

13. Marlen Mesgarzadeh - #2 William & Mary
14. Julia Wais - #2 San Diego St.
22. Mucki - UC Irvine freshman
23. Julia Hansen - #3 Pacific
27. Frederike Putthoff - Nebraska freshman
38. Maike Zeppernick - Nebraska freshman
42. Laura Claus - #2 San Diego
43. Janine Weinreich - #5 Nebraska
53. Carla Lindlar - #6 Baylor
81. Maria Pistalu - #6 CS Northridge
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #3
country flag gouci

Pre-season rankings

Singles

60. Jennifer Widjaja - Pacific

91. Stephanie Hammel - UC Irvine

100. Jaklin Alawi - Long Beach St.

110. Tova Hausman - UC Santa Barbara
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #4
country flag gouci

Re: Big West - news 2010-11

Form you sound confused so let me set you straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Your # 2 team (also getting smoked at Big West but managed to avoid the decision in final
Long Beach St. #2 doubles was only ahead 7-6 vs Byron/Smith when the match was stopped. No one else here would call that score "getting smoked".

Quote:
you probably drop both doubles points vs Pacific and UCSB also. Then you finish tied for 5th instead of cheating your way to a tainted title.
UCI swept Long Beach St. 4-0 in singles and would have taken 4 singles from Pacific regardless of how the doubles went.

Against UCSB Byron/Smith defeated their best doubles team of Lozano/Dockendorf which had played 16 matches at #1 doubles. So even if Byron/Smith played #1 they would have defeated the lesser UCSB team at #1. UCI still wins the doubles point.

Quote:
And that's before all three teams scream about your slot machine at # 3 to stack the singles line up. Be proud, very proud.
1. The conference officials approved UCI's line-up ahead of time so it wasn't ruled a stack.

2. In college tennis if you think there's cheating you file a protest. The ITA will serve as judge and jury and decide if cheating occurred or not. Their ruling is final and ends any further debate on the matter. In UCI's case a protest was filed. The ruling was in UCI's favor and no penalties assessed. End of story and debate.

3. I AM PROUD, very proud that's why it's on my signature. Form you can be bitter for the rest of your life because no one can ever take away that 2010 Big West Tourney title from UCI. Unlike when Reggie Bush is stripped of his Heisman.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #5
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: UC Irvine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
This UCI player from Germany has forced me to learn about the German Tennis Federation rankings which is written in German.

- A German to English translation website was invaluable.

Rangliste = rankings
Damen = women
Datum = date

That's all I pretty much needed to know to find the current and past German rankings!

- Some interesting notes I found. Mucki is from the club TC Schoenberg, the same club as Hawaii's former #1 Ellen Linsenbolz.

- Mucki's Under 21 ranking was about the same as Nebraska's #5 singles Janine Weinreich. Weinreich defeated Long Beach St.'s Sarah Cantlay last season.

- Mucki's highest Under 21 ranking was better than the highest ranking of both Pacific's #3 singles Julia Hansen and #2 singles Christina Goehl. That's encouraging. Now it's more clear why UCI is taking a chance on her.

- Germany Under 18 girls ranking for 10/2007

13. Marlen Mesgarzadeh - #2 William & Mary
14. Julia Wais - #2 San Diego St.
22. Mucki - UC Irvine freshman
23. Julia Hansen - #3 Pacific
27. Frederike Putthoff - Nebraska freshman
38. Maike Zeppernick - Nebraska freshman
42. Laura Claus - #2 San Diego
43. Janine Weinreich - #5 Nebraska
53. Carla Lindlar - #6 Baylor
81. Maria Pistalu - #6 CS Northridge
Our little game player likes to goof around with German spellings (often with or without 'e' in the player or club name

Fransiska Goettshing (Gottshing on German list)... currently # 61 in Germany... age 20

Welcome to America Mucki.... and stay out of the UCI library as Gouci once stalked one of your teammates there
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #6
country flag gouci

Quote:
... and 99% of her results are from clay court.
Form you make a great point. In Germany they play a lot on clay and indoor courts. So how Mucki will do on hard courts is uncertain.

Quote:
And I am ecstatic that you can now list a ch'EATER on your 21 and over list... she turns 21 during her freshman year!!!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but my cut-off date has always been May. Tennis season is over by June. Even Chelsey Gullickson won the NCAA singles title in May. I consider Mucki a 21 year old sophomore but I don't keep track of those.

Quote:
...and insert her high in the line up and slide the ladder down anyway.
When I saw Mucki's doubles record I predicted to myself Stephanie Hammel and Mucki may become UCI's #1 doubles team. Byron/ Smith may be #2 and Holladay, Kwan or Schweyer may be the #3. I think Byron/Smith playing the Riviera instead of Hammel/Byron, who reached the finals of the regionals last season, may support my prediction.
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #7
country flag gouci

Re: UC Irvine

Quote:
Our little game player likes to goof around with German spellings (often with or without 'e' in the player or club name
Form I imagined you doing a search for Gottsching on the ITF or WTA rankings site and coming up empty handed.

Form you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. Remember when you couldn't find Margarita Spicin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Since I revealed M.S. last played in 2008-09 and her team was ranked in the top 55 when she played, why are you still looking at the teams ranked in the top 60 at the end of 2009-10 instead of 2008-09???
So I decided to help you out with my hint by spelling it how it's found in the ITF & WTA rankings page under Goettsching.

For Your Info: In German the "o with 2 dots above it" translates to "oe" in English.

So Christina Gohl = Goehl.
Gottsching = Goettsching
TC Schonberg = TC Schoenberg

Quote:
Fransiska Goettshing (Gottshing on German list)...
Even with my help you still don't have the name right.

It's Franziska with a "z" not s.
And Goettsching with a "c" before the h.
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #8
country flag gouci

Quote:
By the way... Mucki is a nice looking girl. You likely will be stalking her in the library too.
Welcome to America Mucki.... and stay out of the UCI library as Gouci once stalked one of your teammates there
Form now you're just hating on me with hurtful lies.

Let me share with you some wisdom.

When I squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out. Why? Because that's what's inside.

When I squeeze you Form, pettiness & bitterness & hatred comes out. Why? Because that's what's inside.

Even though I'm doing the squeezing, I have no control of what comes out. So don't blame me for the pettiness & bitterness & hatred that comes out of you. What comes out is what's inside. Only you can change what's inside of yourself.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 03:52 AM   #9
country flag gouci

You just noticed about Bartlett today?

Bartlett went missing before Bisharat did.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM   #10
country flag gouci

Quote:
Is is me or has # 4 Bartlett (really # 5) gone missing from UCI roster prior to graduating?
A new player was at the UCI courts.

The UCI roster will be adding 1 more later.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 24th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 11:20 PM   #11
country flag gouci

Quote:
I had heard from a booster that LB was approached by several big time options this summer (no names given but high quality looking late like SH so I assume was one of them)... but obviously LB had no availables this season. Aargh... where were those girls last summer? Timing, timing, timing....
Form thoughts of WHAT IF LBS only had a scholarship to give must have crossed your mind. Maybe you even dreamed about potentially hosting a regional this season with a big summer pick-up bumping Rocky down to #6.
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #12
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoffpauir at UCI?? Wow! I was told she turned pro...she will get playing time now

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #13
country flag gouci

UC Irvine

One of the world's most famous athletes trains at UC Irvine in the off season. I'm sure even Mucki from overseas in Germany has heard of him.

UCI student-athletes have Q&A with NBA star.

Just a perk of playing for UCI.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 29th, 2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #14
country flag gouci

UC Santa Barbara

UCSB may have their best team ever next season.

They return Sofia Novak, Jill Damion?, Natalia Lozano, Annabel Gledden and Jordan Dockendorf.

Plus they just picked up 5 stars to be April Scatliffe and Paola Cos.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 30th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #15
country flag gouci

Long Beach St.

Form congrats on Long Beach St.'s new player commitment and Deborah Armstrong's replacement.

Kouyoumjian is currently ranked #303 on TRN and dropping. I wonder if that's the lowest ranked project player Long Beach St. has ever taken in.