Aiming for a win(are we crazy?).The Japanese capital open its door for Agi - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #16
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of
Re: Aiming for a win(are we crazy?).The Japanese capital open its door for Agi

Check her website:

"We arrived in Tokyo last night, the schedule is very tight, all first round matches have to be completed on Monday, even the players who arrive on Monday have to play their matches.
In the semifinal in Seoul I couldn't convert my break points and my thigh started to hurt also. At first I thought I'm just feeling stiff, because I started to feel it during the match against Kimiko. As it turned out today, it was something else, it really hurt during the match against Svetlana and I could hardly move. I didn't want to risk a more serious injury, so I retired. We'll stay in Tokyo until Thursday, I'll rest and get some treatment, then we leave for Beijing. I'm quite sad about it and I hope for a fast recovery."

I want her to try Bali too (if she can),but I think she should skip Luxemburg
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #17
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio87 View Post
Check her website:

"We arrived in Tokyo last night, the schedule is very tight, all first round matches have to be completed on Monday, even the players who arrive on Monday have to play their matches.
In the semifinal in Seoul I couldn't convert my break points and my thigh started to hurt also. At first I thought I'm just feeling stiff, because I started to feel it during the match against Kimiko. As it turned out today, it was something else, it really hurt during the match against Svetlana and I could hardly move. I didn't want to risk a more serious injury, so I retired. We'll stay in Tokyo until Thursday, I'll rest and get some treatment, then we leave for Beijing. I'm quite sad about it and I hope for a fast recovery."

Why would she skip Luxembourg she has a week of rest between Beijing and then and then another week before Bali, if she can somehow make it.

The thing is, she still needs to pass Alona Bondarenko, who is eight ranking places above her, to even be the eighth position, which is likely to be replaced by wildcard. She also needs to stay ahead of Groth, who is rising very quickly at this point. Her best hope right now is that someone withdraws from Doha and allows a Bali player into that (not likely though) and/or Sharapova decides she is too good for Bali. The only other way is a deep showing in Beijing and/or a great result in Luxembourg. Doesn't seem that likely .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #18
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and not sure what to think about the thigh... She acts like it's all serious, but at the same time seems set to play Beijing .

Fucking Tokyo scheduling it's not enough time for the players I remember Dubai does this too. DUMBDUMBDUMB.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #19
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Agi

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #20
country flag iGOAT

Of course Petkovic beat Kuzzie it really sucks she was injured, because she was winning .
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #21
country flag Ofen

Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice Ofen is just really nice

Quote:
Check her website:
I hope it will be not true, but I think reaching Bali is not realistic for a while...

By the way I would be happy to see some special rules for Doha and Bali (addition to ranking), for example all grand slam winners automatically qualified for YEC or if somebody wins at least 3 (or 2 ) Internationals qualified for Bali. But possible it wouldn't be better than the current system.
Ofen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #22
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Why would she skip Luxembourg she has a week of rest between Beijing and then and then another week before Bali, if she can somehow make it.
Luxembourg is just another MM tournament, where she should reach the semis to worth something (QF is just 70 points, what doesn't count in her ranking). If she isn't healthy why play there? We will see Bali, maybe she can catch Alona without doing anything.

Ofen, there was something about a big bonus money last year, if somebody can win 3 MM and Bali, but nothing about direct acceptance
Last year Lisicki got a wildcard, maybe they like cute blonde girls, so Agi has a chance
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #23
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofen View Post
I hope it will be not true, but I think reaching Bali is not realistic for a while...

By the way I would be happy to see some special rules for Doha and Bali (addition to ranking), for example all grand slam winners automatically qualified for YEC or if somebody wins at least 3 (or 2 ) Internationals qualified for Bali. But possible it wouldn't be better than the current system.
Yes! I agree!

IMO any major winner (and maybe even runner-up) should qualify for Doha. And then I thought when it came out that it would be, and still think it should be, that Bali is determined by whoever wins the most International titles, and then the tiebreaker is ranking.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #24
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Luxembourg is just another MM tournament, where she should reach the semis to worth something (QF is just 70 points, what doesn't count in her ranking). If she isn't healthy why play there? We will see Bali, maybe she can catch Alona without doing anything.

Ofen, there was something about a big bonus money last year, if somebody can win 3 MM and Bali, but nothing about direct acceptance
Last year Lisicki got a wildcard, maybe they like cute blonde girls, so Agi has a chance
The wildcards last year were clearly given to crowd-drawers and nothing else. Not sure Ági is that, but maybe .

I see what you're saying about Luxembourg though, especially since it's another strong International. IMO would have been smarter to stay in Asia the whole time and play Osaka. But Luxembourg is probably better than Moscow, she's unlikely to get past the second round (which is 70 points) and two wins > one win because it means added confidence .
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM   #25
country flag iGOAT

Beijing draw is out. Someone make a thread!
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM   #26
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Beijing draw is out. Someone make a thread!
I'm waiting for too

I don't like making new threads you know....

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:57 AM   #27
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
I'm waiting for too

I don't like making new threads you know....
I've definitely noticed that we could work out some schedule for this? I mean, we don't have to, but we could.

Who wants to make LUX?