Tennis Racket Question - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #16
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Racket Question

Anyone know how big Kutuzova's is?
Serenas one is pretty big

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #17
country flag Rome

Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenafan08 View Post
I actually think Serena would do well to use either a 95 or 100 sq. in. racquet. This 104 is the smallest that she and Venus have used. When they were dominating in 2000-2003, their headsizes were 110, and eventually Serena played with the N3 which is 113 and Venus with the N4 which is 111. They don't need that big of a head with all that power they have. They need something small and control-oriented. But they've been playing well with these racquets - Serena has won 5 Grand Slams with this racquet she's playing with now.
I still think Serena best days were with the bigger Recket from 2002-2004 had Serena never been cheated I think she would have went on and won alot more slams. But she change her racket in 2005 for whatever reason which i think was a bad choice.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #18
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
I still think Serena best days were with the bigger Recket from 2002-2004 had Serena never been cheated I think she would have went on and won alot more slams. But she change her racket in 2005 for whatever reason which i think was a bad choice.
Which racquet are you on about ? She used two during that period !
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #19
country flag Rome

Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold

the one she won the US Open 2002 with not sure what it was called.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #20
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute

She used this one for 2002

Then changed after winning the Australian Open 2003 to this racquet, and continued using it until 2005

Both have pretty big head sizes though.
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #21
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
Why would a Power player like Serena trade in her 2002-2004 Power Racket in for this Racket she has now? Even Kim is playing with Racket that has a bigger head.
In 2003 Serena played with the Hyper Hammer h6, OS version which has a 110 sq in racquet head.
She is currently playing with a kblade with a 104 sq in head.
If you put both racquets on top of the other, you couldn't visibly tell which was bigger. 6 sq in is nothing.

Most professional players have their racquets custom made, so under the frame may be weighted in different places, depending on the player.

I know that her current racquet is custom and not the stock kblade you buy in the store.

A powerful player like Serena is actually more suited to a slightly smaller, heavier and head light racquet. This will help control her power. She apparently also strings her racquets in the upper 60 lbs or low 70 lbs. Again this gives her more control.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #22
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darop. View Post

imo, the whole "smaller head = more control" is only true on a theoretical basis.

Each player just plays with whatever feels more comfortable. Some players feel they have more control with a heavy racquet and small headsize, some vicercersa. Same goes for power.
Seems you are talking about 2 different things.

A head light, heavy, midplus (and below) racquet will provide a player with more ball control than a head heavy, light, Oversize racquet, everything else being equal. This is not theory, but fact.

However, this does not mean that if I am playing a match with a light, huge racquet that I cannot control the balls.
I may have to play with more spin, not hit out as much or make some other adjustments to my game. So a skilled player can control a powerful racquet. And indeed, some players will prefer to play with those racquets. That however does not mean they do not have less control.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #23
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri has a really big head size.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 07:47 PM   #24
country flag sunset

sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Just because a racket has a bigger head doesn't mean a player will hit harder. Once you get used to a racket, it's headweight and swingweight and get to know the sweet spot, you don't want to switch. Switching can throw off your technique and timing.

I wouldn't doubt that since maybe..2001, Serena has had 3 or 4 different (but very similar) rackets in terms of weight, all painted to look like Wilson.

ETA: Some players need a bigger head. Sugiyama springs to mind. Jie too.
Very True!
sunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #25
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she uses the Wilson one.