Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM   #1081
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

I would translate it this way (but perhaps Seleçao can confirm, i am not sure, because of the use of the past)

„Brooke hat einige Male bei uns zu Hause angerufen und Steffi ging ab und zu mal ran, da habe ich die Nummer ändern lassen.“

"Brooke has called a few times at home, and Steffi left (the home) to run sometimes, so I've changed the (phone) number"

Last edited by djul14 : Sep 3rd, 2010 at 09:56 PM.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #1082
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

That's a wild distortion of what he said if it claims that. He said Brooke and Steffi hadn't met, Brooke called once when Steffi answered, so he changed the number - I would guess the latter was a joke.
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #1083
country flag jjg

jjg is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the interview last night with Rick Reilly. Reilly asked him if Brooke & Steffi had every met each other in person and he said no. He said Brooke once called the house and Steffi answered so he did what he had to do - he changed the phone # because he couldn't have that happen again.
jjg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #1084
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
That's a wild distortion of what he said if it claims that. He said Brooke and Steffi hadn't met, Brooke called once when Steffi answered, so he changed the number - I would guess the latter was a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg View Post
I went to the interview last night with Rick Reilly. Reilly asked him if Brooke & Steffi had every met each other in person and he said no. He said Brooke once called the house and Steffi answered so he did what he had to do - he changed the phone # because he couldn't have that happen again.
reading it this way, it must've been a joke!
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #1085
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Good morning (afternoon/evening/night)!

Finally weekend ... at least for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
I would translate it this way (but perhaps Seleçao can confirm, i am not sure, because of the use of the past)

„Brooke hat einige Male bei uns zu Hause angerufen und Steffi ging ab und zu mal ran, da habe ich die Nummer ändern lassen.“

"Brooke has called a few times at home, and Steffi left (the home) to run sometimes, so I've changed the (phone) number"
The Focus article is rather short, I will translate it later today.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #1086
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Andre got nominated for Hall of Fame induction in 2011:

http://www.tennisfame.com/andre-agas...2011-induction

(Sorry if already posted before)
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #1087
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
The Focus article is rather short, I will translate it later today.
http://www.focus.de/panorama/bouleva...id_548467.html

Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi have sporting children

Former tennis pro Andre Agassi (40) and his wife Steffi Graf (41) obviously bequested their sporting genes to their children. Daughter Jazz Elle, who will celebrate her seventh birthday in October, plays tennis, Agassi currently revealed in a press conference at the US Open in New York.

His 8-year-old son Jaden Gil shows talent as a baseball player, the eight-fold grand slam winner continued.

Agassi showcased his autobiography "Open" in New York. On this occasion he indicated that he doesn't really like his first wife, actress Brooke Shields, to be near to him. „Brooke called us at home a few times, and Steffi every now and then answered the phone, so I asked for a change of the number.“
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1088
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Hey Guys,

Here is another new article
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...r-2069943.html

Apparently he told Rick Reilly he wasn't wearing underwear during the interview

Thanks for the translations
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #1089
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Reaaly nice article about the Rick Rilley event. Also, James the security guard talking about Steffi and Andre.
http://opensource.si.com/2010/09/03/...-in-manhattan/
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #1090
country flag kati830728

kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice

Quote:
Did he said more about
steffi?
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #1091
country flag jjg

The only other thing he said was in relation to a story from when he was a kid. He said that the only way he could get a break from practicing was to purposely hit the ball off the frame of his racket and hit it over the fence so then he would have a few minutes to rest while his father went to get the ball and bring it back. Reilly asked if Steffi could purposely hit a ball off the frame and he said "I don't know but she is good at other things...but that's for another show not this one."
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1092
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Quote:
The only other thing he said was in relation to a story from when he was a kid. He said that the only way he could get a break from practicing was to purposely hit the ball off the frame of his racket and hit it over the fence so then he would have a few minutes to rest while his father went to get the ball and bring it back. Reilly asked if Steffi could purposely hit a ball off the frame and he said "I don't know but she is good at other things...but that's for another show not this one."

Ha ha too much info I take that meant sexual innuendo
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #1093
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

He has to stop with this (sex)joke , he made the same at the hit 4 haiti
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1094
country flag jjg

He made a joke too in an interview on his book tour last year when the interviewer asked him how often he still plays tennis and if he ever plays Steffi in the backyard. He said are we still talking about tennis?
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1095
country flag djul14

Quote:
He made a joke too in an interview on his book tour last year when the interviewer asked him how often he still plays tennis and if he ever plays Steffi in the backyard. He said are we still talking about tennis?