Rate a commentator: Kevin Skinner - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #1
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute
Rate a commentator: Kevin Skinner

Does he annoy anyone else as much as he does me?

Cleary loves the sound of his own voice as he won't shut up. And he's always providing some useless statistic or fact.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #2
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rate a commentator: Kevin Skinner

Yes exactly what you said. And he's always advertising the us open or wta website with some tired slogan. And his voice is always the same drab tone
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:36 PM   #3
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

A year later and if possible, I like him even less.

His monotone voice, his cliches, drives me insane!
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #4

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

TELL me about it. But we seem to be the only two people that know about him.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #5

the worst is when he explains how tie-breaks or challenges work.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:44 PM   #6
country flag Langers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Red Sky Blue View Post
the worst is when he explains how tie-breaks or challenges work.
I understand that commentating by yourself is hard, very hard. But the best don't overtalk, they often go points at a time without saying anything. With this guy, it's as though he feels the need to talk ALL THE TIME. And he's always reeling off useless facts that no one could possibly want to hear. There, he just did it again.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM   #7

Fortunately I'm not watching him this year. I'm getting Carillo instead but I did watch him at Montreal and Cinc
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I understand that commentating by yourself is hard, very hard. But the best don't overtalk, they often go points at a time without saying anything. With this guy, it's as though he feels the need to talk ALL THE TIME. And he's always reeling off useless facts that no one could possibly want to hear. There, he just did it again.
His voice doesn't help.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:51 PM   #9
country flag Langers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Red Sky Blue View Post
His voice doesn't help.
That's probably the worst thing of all! And he tries to always pronunciate the foreign players, should've just heard him say Arnaud Clement.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 02:53 AM   #10
country flag TennisSavant1

TennisSavant1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys sure are hard on the guy. I would agree he needs to dial back some. He does talk a lot, but it's obvious he does his homework and tries to inform the viewer. He does need to vary his tone from time to time. And you're right that the explanation of tiebreaks is kind of silly. I think he's trying to be funny & sarcastic. He should probably stop that. But by himself must be difficult. It's one thing if you don't like his voice. That's a valid reason to not want to listen. But he does a pretty solid job as far as I'm concerned. Good tennis knowledge & I like the information most of the time. I've heard him covering the US Open and he's quite entertaining. And he does a pretty good job pronouncing the foreign players. Especially Spanish. But it's obvious he just bothers you guys.
TennisSavant1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:52 AM   #11
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

The worst is Luke Jenson, he's so over the top and usually fails. He goes:"I know Roddick's gonna break now, I can feel it... The next serve is going to be down the T. I know it.... Remember i said....." and close to everytime he's wrong.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:00 PM   #12
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

"..And Wozniacki says, HEY! I'm not going to let you get the point that easy, I'm going to make you work for this break as Kuznetsova pushes the forehand long."
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM   #13
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes He is a shocka!! Especially with the wtatour.com references

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Yes He is a shocka!! Especially with the wtatour.com references
you mean "sonyericssonwtatour.com where you can find all information, interviews, news, pictures..." etc etc etc. And he says this multiple times a match
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSavant1 View Post
You guys sure are hard on the guy. I would agree he needs to dial back some. He does talk a lot, but it's obvious he does his homework and tries to inform the viewer. He does need to vary his tone from time to time. And you're right that the explanation of tiebreaks is kind of silly. I think he's trying to be funny & sarcastic. He should probably stop that. But by himself must be difficult. It's one thing if you don't like his voice. That's a valid reason to not want to listen. But he does a pretty solid job as far as I'm concerned. Good tennis knowledge & I like the information most of the time. I've heard him covering the US Open and he's quite entertaining. And he does a pretty good job pronouncing the foreign players. Especially Spanish. But it's obvious he just bothers you guys.
i appreciate his effort and in fact i quite liked him when i first heard him. But there's something about hearing the same irrelevant fact or inane metaphor over and over again that just kills me. He's way too repetetive and frankly quite boring.