Lucie earns her Stars and Stripes in hopes of glory: US Open 2010! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #1
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold
Talking Lucie earns her Stars and Stripes in hopes of glory: US Open 2010!

The title might be cliche, but lets hope Lucie can aspire to win a few rounds here Just to confirm the draw (thanks David!) Lucie faces a qualifier first round, would await the winner of Keothavong and Chan 2nd round, and seeded to meet top seed Wozniacki 3rd round Come on Lucie!

Last edited by Foals. : Aug 29th, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Foals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #2
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie earns her Stars and Stripes in hopes of glory: US Open 2010!

You opened the thread twice I didn't know which to post in!

But yes it's probably her best slam draw at least for the first 2 rounds this year...but knowing her I just hope the qualifier she gets is not a good one, and I think she could beat Keothavong or Chan in round 2 if she won her first round.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #3
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Well if she wins a match I will be happy since she is 0 for 3 this year.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #4
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

She won a match at RG But since RG 09 she has not performed well in the slams really, but she has always had a pretty good lead up. So maybe this time since she has had a bad lead up she will have a good slam If she can beat the qualifier I think she should make R3, which would be great. But she has to do it first...interested to see which qualifier she gets.

Btw I like the title

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #5

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
She won a match at RG
Whoops... After that great second round at the French I tried to wipe that slam from my memory.

Also, I like the title too. Hopefully it will work out well.

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #6
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Whoops... After that great second round at the French I tried to wipe that slam from my memory.
I dunno what 2nd round you are talking about, RG ended after the first round and Lucie never played a 2nd round *neverwannathinkaboutthatmatchagain*

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #7
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I actually don't know what match you are talking about. I'm not even lying . I might have suppressed something in my memory.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #8
country flag Davodus

Good idea I'm gonna go back to suppressing it now Back to focussing on the USO

So...who thinks Lucie can live up to her seeding and make round 3?

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #9

Not me. Lucie is not in great form right now. But you just can never tell with Lucie. The more matches she gets under her belt the more dangerous she is so who knows...

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #10
country flag Davodus

If she was in good form, with this draw I'd be sure she'd make round 3. But it's up in the air, we dunno how she is playing especially because we havent seen one of her matches this USO series...She still could, I mean if she can get a relatively easy qualifier and wins, I don't see any reason why she'd lose to Keothavong or Chan.

Btw, saw that Mirza qualified, that would not be a good draw

Old Aug 29th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #11
country flag Davodus

The qualifier Lucie got is Tamira Paszek I know she's been slumping and Lucie thrashed her earlier this year in Paris...but she qualified so she must be doing okay this week...and she's capable of playing really good tennis. Not the best draw, at all...definitely a match she should win but could easily lose.

Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #12

Could be worse...

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #13
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Havent posted in the past few months, just dropping in to say good luck to Miss Safarova. Anything less than a 3rd round would be very disappointing. Regardless, I will be here during her matches whether she's winning or losing.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #14
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

I can see Paszek being a potentially tricky opponent but when was the last time she had a decent victory? I dont want to jinx the thread by predicting but agree that not making the 3rd round would be pretty gutting. Especially considering she wont be playing a top 75 player. Though Lucie defies logic so... I hope Lucie isnt entered for doubles this time
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #15
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCoTt.ChE. View Post
I hope Lucie isnt entered for doubles this time
She is She is playing with Sorana Cirstea. I can't remember if they already played together, ?

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote