Cincinnati Comeback City! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #31
country flag Omega1

Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all Omega1 is a name known to all
Re: Cincinnati Comeback City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Hmm...difficult match to comment on.

From a personal point of view I am pleased to see Monica seems to be playing pretty good. 80 ranking points will put her pretty securely back in the top 100.

But obviously the focus of this match is on the return of Sabine. I can understand the disappointment of her fans. But I will try to say some consolidating words. Monica may not be one of the top players on the tour but she is very very awkward to play. When you have been out of the game for a while she is not the kind of player you prepare to play for your return.

Last year, Monica played Meghann Shaughnessy in Meghann's 1st match back after a long injury break and that didn't go terribly well for Megann either. It was 6-1 6-0. But the next week Meghann played Alona Bondarenko and although she lost again the score was a much more competitive 3-6 6-3 6-3. Meghann's next three matches against Cirstea, Bondarenko again and Hantuchova were all also losses but all were again very competitive. What I'm saying is that despite the noncompetitive nature of this match there is no reason to thing that Sabine won't be playing very competitively very soon. Simply Monica isn't the best opponent to come back to after an injury break. I should add Sabine is a lot younger than Meghann so I would expect her comeback to go much better in the midterm than did Meghann's also.

As others have said, it was good that Sabine finished the match too. I'm sure better results will come for Sabine before long so I can only say to Sabine's fans hang in there, it can only get better.
Sabine we are with you.Soon will be better.
Omega1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #32
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi everybody, well it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. I've been practicing good and the warm up was good too but I was simply too tight during my first match... I'm disappointed because I know I can do better. The good thing is that my body feels fine! I'm a fighter and will keep working hard to get back!
Sabine is taking this much better than me.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #33
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

as she said, good thing is that her body feels fine, some players just need a bit more time to get back in decent shape, today was disappointing but first match is always the toughest one, I hope that she can win some matches in Q of Montreal, depends on the draw, but she should have feel a bit more comfortable on court in her next match, now that she knows that her body is strong enough to handle a "real match", can only get better...

btw, ALG after her comeback, first match 36 06
Lisicki, first match 36 06 => I hope that Sabine will do better from now on than AL
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #34
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
btw, ALG after her comeback, first match 36 06
Lisicki, first match 36 06 => I hope that Sabine will do better from now on than AL
ALG is now 3-7 since her comeback
Maybe Sabine could make it a little bit better

Both are in the qualifying of Montreal next weekend
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Probably not the best opponent to find your rhytmn. Good luck Sabine
That's right. Monica is awkward, throws a lot of junk and tricky stuff at you, and if you are a little off form she is not easy to play. If you are playing well you can attack her tricky shots, but obviously Sabine could not do that today without making errors. Still I would have expected much more from Sabine. Anyway, we'll see what happens in the coming matches. I'm sure it will be better in the next few tournaments.

I think Sabine's comeback will be successful, might take a little while is all.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 04:21 AM   #36
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #37
country flag DiscoStick

DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future

Sabine

+ JANKOVIC GOERGES LISICKI CIBULKOVA
DiscoStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #38
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote