** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:38 AM   #46
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

ok i'm not sure if theres any rules in this thread but w/e.
Some quotes from her interview.

Maria's run at the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford came to an end at the hands of #8 seed Victoria Azarenka of Belarus in the final.* Maria lost 4-6 1-6 in 1 hour and 27 minutes.

After the match, Maria said: ."I was a bit up and down in the beginning. I went up 4-3 and played a really sloppy game on her serve and she didn't serve that great of a game. I really started making unforced errors off the return and she really stepped it up and took advantage. I was always on the defensive after that. I think when I tried to get the ball rolling, it was a little late."

"She has many advantages in her game. She gets a lot of balls back and they are really heavy. There is no doubt she is a great player. She has already been in the top-10, so it's not like she is moving up. She has been there, had great wins in her career already and is always a tough one to play against."

"I don't think I served that smart. It was tough on one side to really be consistent and have a higher percentage of first serves. I gave her too many looks on second serves."

"She has always served consistently well when I have played against her. She doesn't have a huge serve, but is pretty smart and mixes it up. I felt like I had a good read on her second serve, but wasn't really making them so it doesn't matter how you read it."

"You do what you have to do with what you have, no matter what it is. It's part of the job. It probably would have been a little easier for me if I hadn't spent so much wasted time on the sets that I lost in the previous two days. That probably would have made my life easier today but that's the way it goes. I also wish I would have played a couple more day matches to get more of a feel because it is a different atmosphere and different feel."

theres why she lost. lol.

Last edited by atominside : Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:45 AM   #47
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

more or less what we said..she shouldn't have wasted all that energy in previous matches ..like the one against aga. For example, what the fuck was that 1st set 6-1?? I mean it seamed she lost it on purpose to go to three sets

URUGUAY
slamchamp is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #48
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

My friend sent me this:

http://translate.google.com/translat...34%2F678657%2F

The translation doesn't make any sense

Quote:

Masha Sharapova's father insulted her boyfriend

Yury vain dream of a rich son-.
Андрей КЛИНКОВ, Экспресс газета — 04.08.2010 Andrew Klink, Express Newspaper - 08/04/2010
Sharapova
Мария ШАРАПОВА Sharapova

Мария ШАРАПОВА недавно поссорилась с папой. Sharapova had recently quarreled with the Pope. Произошло это после возвращения в Америку из Гомеля, куда бывшая первая ракетка мира летала вместе с отцом и своим бойфрендом - баскетболистом Сашей ВУЯЧИЧЕМ. This happened after his return to America from Gomel, where the former first racket of the world was flying with her father and her boyfriend - a basketball player Sasha Vuyachich.

В самолете Юрий Шарапов позволил себе выпить лишнего, и его развезло. In the plane Yuri Sharapov allowed himself to drink too much, and it grew weak. Сначала он стал приставать к молоденькой стюардессе, но та быстро его одернула. First, he began to stick to a young stewardess, but she was quickly pulled down. Юрий Викторович уже собирался было вздремнуть, но на сон грядущий решил дать наставления дочери на будущее. Yury was about to take a nap, but sleep has decided to give instructions daughter's future.

Из сбивчивой речи подвыпившего родителя выходило, что словенец Саша Вуячич ему не очень-то нравится. Out of confused speech, drunken parents turned out that the Slovenian Sasha Vuyachich it is not very much. Как выяснилось, Юрий Викторович мысленно уже видел себя тестем американца Чарли Эберсола - сына известного в США телемагната Дика Эберсола. As it turned out, Yury mentally already saw himself as an American father Charlie Ebersol - the son of a well-known in the U.S. telemagnata Dick Ebersol. Именно Чарли, с которым Маша раньше встречалась, и познакомил ее с Вуячичем. That's Charlie, with whom Maria had met, and introduced her to Vuyachich. Это было в Лос-Анджелесе на одном из баскетбольных матчей с участием «Лейкерс». It was in Los Angeles on one of the basketball tournament with the Lakers. Как говорится, познакомил на свою голову. As the saying goes, introduced at his head.

- Зачем ты бросила Чарли? - Why did you cast Charlie? - громко спросил папа. - Aloud to Dad. - К чему тебе этот неуклюжий баскетболист? - What do you need this hulking basketball player?

Последнюю реплику отец теннисистки произнес в тот момент, когда «неуклюжий баскетболист» Вуячич вернулся из туалета в салон бизнес-класса. The last remark father said tennis at the moment when the "clumsy basketball player" Vuyachich returned from the toilet in business class. Саша услышал эти слова и понял, о чем идет речь. Sasha heard these words and realized what was going on.
Charlie Ebersol, Sasha Vuyachich
Чарли Эберсол, Саша Вуячич Charlie Ebersol, Sasha Vuyachich

Маша поспешила обратить все в шутку, но вышло не очень удачно. Maria hurried to turn everything into a joke, but it was not very successful. После этого она встала и вышла из салона. Then she got up and left the salon. Больше с папой в самолете Мария не разговаривала. More and dad in a plane Maria did not speak.

Грубый лексикон Robust vocabulary

К сожалению, краснеть за своего экстравагантного папашу знаменитой теннисистке приходится не первый раз. Unfortunately, blush for his extravagant dad's famous tennis player had not the first time. Юрия Шарапова часто штрафовали на матчах за нецензурные выражения. Yuri Sharapova often fined for games for using indecent language. Однажды Юрий Викторович, приняв на грудь, едва не сцепился в рукопашном бою с отцом другой российской теннисистки - Анны Чакветадзе. One day, Yuri V., taking on his chest, nearly tangled in a close fight with the father of another Russian tennis player - Anna Chakvetadze. В какой-то момент представители компании «IMG», которые ведут дела Шараповой, дали понять ее папочке, что его присутствие на тренерской скамейке рядом с дочерью неуместно. At one point, representatives of the company «IMG», which do business Sharapova made it clear her daddy, that his presence on the coaching bench next to her daughter inappropriately. А потом Юрию Викторовичу и вовсе рекомендовали не сопровождать Машу в поездках на теннисные турниры. Then Yuri Viktorovich and did not recommend follow Masha to travel to tennis tournaments. В Гомель, однако, он полетел. In Gomel, however, he flew.
И теперь не знает, как показаться на глаза бойфренду дочери. And now do not know how to show the eye of her boyfriend's daughter.

КСТАТИ HANDY

Юрий Шарапов в последнее время всерьез увлекся виндсерфингом. Yuri Sharapov has recently seriously interested in windsurfing. Однажды после сильного порыва ветра его доска перевернулась и он с трудом доплыл до берега. One day after a strong gust of wind capsized his board and he had difficulty swam to shore.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #49
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

omg the second paragraph after transalation

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #50
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

thats so fake, its a satirical spoofy thingy.
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #51
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

The second paragraph
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #52
country flag crux

crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice crux is just really nice

so, It is a joke, isn't it ?
crux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #53
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

the writer

: drink::d rink:

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #54
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quotes from today's match:

"I'm actually serving a lot better than I did last summer," Sharapova said.

"I'm hitting bigger serves. Maybe I'm missing a few more first serves and second serves, but I'm not hitting second serves 70 miles an hour."

"I'm gonna win tournaments by going for my shots, Sharapova said. "Whether it's off the groundstrokes and playing my game, or off the serve. Rather than waiting for my opponents to miss and maybe not making as many unforced errors. That's not my game."
swissmr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #55
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post

"I'm gonna win tournaments by going for my shots, Sharapova said. "Whether it's off the groundstrokes and playing my game, or off the serve. Rather than waiting for my opponents to miss and maybe not making as many unforced errors. That's not my game."[/b]
translation: screw you pushers!

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #56
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Quotes from today's match:

"I'm actually serving a lot better than I did last summer," Sharapova said.

"I'm hitting bigger serves. Maybe I'm missing a few more first serves and second serves, but I'm not hitting second serves 70 miles an hour."

"I'm gonna win tournaments by going for my shots, Sharapova said. "Whether it's off the groundstrokes and playing my game, or off the serve. Rather than waiting for my opponents to miss and maybe not making as many unforced errors. That's not my game."
And it's true as well, when she didn't hit a double fault she nearly won all of her second serve points.

It's incredible she only got broken twice throughout this match with a first serve % of only 51, that's promising. She needs to cut down those double faults though.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #57
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

She's never really offered a real answer as to why she is double faulting so much lately. At Birmingham, she didn't hit these many double faults (except the Na match). So...what's the deal Maria?
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #58
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
She's never really offered a real answer as to why she is double faulting so much lately. At Birmingham, she didn't hit these many double faults (except the Na match). So...what's the deal Maria?
She's said it time and time and time again. There is no way in hell she'll play a second ball safely. A 70, F, even an 80 MPH second will come once in a blue moon from M's racket. So, if she serves at such high risk like that then there will definitely be at least a handful of DFs per match.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #59
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't play 2nd serves safely during the clay and grass season and didn't hit that many double faults.
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #60
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Against stronger opponents, she goes for her seconds more so more DFs.

7 DFs in her losses to Henin, Serena and Li Na.