How many types of surfaces have you actually played on? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #16
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many types of surfaces have you actually played on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
I don't even know the different surfaces in the UK - no one seems to give a fuck about that I have played on Red Clay, Euro (synthetic) Clay, (indoor) Green Clay, Grass, Synthetic Grass, Astro Turf, Hard, Acrylic and Indoor Hard
i've played on all of these to bar indoor 'american clay' i.e green clay, only play outdoors on it.

you are so right though, half the clubs i play matches at haven't even a clue what surface they have lol

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #17
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Indoor hard, Indoor carpet, Outdoor hard, European Red Clay (in Spain).

Has anyone else ever played on shale?
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #18
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post

sadly yes, theres a club called stanton tennis club near me that we have to play in the leagues and we have to draw straws to play there. you never wear nice trainers or clothes to play on shale as it will stain them forever lol.

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #19
country flag sammy01

the glorious 'shale' courts at stanton lol

Old Aug 6th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #20
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

^

Lolz.

We used to have similar looking courts, but in a much , much more deteriorated condition. I swear Cannabis leaves were protruding through
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #21
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Omg yes!

I guess I tried desperately to forget forgot about playing on the shale courts. I played on them while I was younger and they tried to tell me that it was clay. After watching RG and seeing that there were no trees growing out of the surface, I caught on.

Thinking about it, in addition to playing on clay at the national junior tennis centre in sutton, I have also played on the clay in the czech republic. Such a huge difference the 'real' clay in Czech Republic is so much better. It's slower, easier to slide and it just feels so much more real.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #22
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Asphalt, painted concrete, Decoturf, indoor hard, green clay and red clay.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #23
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Hardcourts and Green Clay. Here in the US it's really hot and all they have is outdoor hard or green clay
My only favorite green clay is in Florida, during the summer, because it's a surprisingly medium paced surface. The Florida Tennis Center's HarTru tennis courts are so easy to slide on that I've taken my fare share of falls. It's like ice sometimes. But it's beautiful surface when it's loosely packed and not like freaking sand dunes on a concrete surface.

Played on red clay in France, Italy, and the IMG Academy in Sarasota. The first two were so fun...felt like Roland Garros. The IMG Academy red clay court didn't behave right because it was in humid Florida, which answers the question as to why there's hardly red clay in the states.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #24
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Red clay, indoor hard, outdoor hard, grass and carpet.
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #25
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Indoor/Outdoor hard and Green Clay.
I despise the Green Clay near me. It's a public park, so the courts are city operated, so the clay has pretty much been sitting there for a few decades.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #26
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Hardcourt
-Outdoor-Indoor
Grass
Clay(thought the clay ive played on have like seashells in them)
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #27
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post

qhat court is that?
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #28
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Lost of different types of Synthetic grass (varying degrees of crappiness)
Real grass only once it was amazing
Hard

I wanna play on carpet and clay!
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #29
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Indoor hardcourt, asphalt, indoor carpet and red clay.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #30
country flag V.H.

V.H. is an unknown quantity at this point

Outdoor red (never green) clay
Indoor and outdoor hard (incl. hard) Decuturf, Plexipave etc
Carpet, also outdoor last week in Crete. Indoor home.
Grass, artificial outdoor (once in Iceland)
Indoor multisport something, what do you call it?
Outdoor asphalt
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote