Ranks - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #136
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future
Re: Ranks

Vika has only dropped one place in the YEC race down to 12th and is 712 points off a top 8 spot. I thought she'd be further down the list after Wimby but with most of her rivals around her also losing early no real damage was done.

1 Williams, Serena 5355
2 Williams, Venus 4085
3 Jankovic, Jelena 3717
4 Stosur, Samantha 3627
5 Henin, Justine 3415
6 Schiavone, Francesca 3198
7 Zvonareva, Vera 2968
8 Wozniacki, Caroline 2943
9 Li, Na 2708
10 Dementieva, Elena 2602
11 Peer, Shahar 2381
12 Azarenka, Victoria 2231
13 Clijsters, Kim 2170
14 Rezai, Aravane 2156
15 Petrova, Nadia 2038
16 Radwanska, Agnieszka 1961
17 Zheng, Jie 1842
18 Pennetta, Flavia 1702
19 Martinez Sanchez 1675
20 Bartoli, Marion 1598

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #137
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she's ready for San Diego, the field there has no WS so Vika is definitely able to win the title. Plus a San Diego title will do wonders for her ranking. Hopefully she's injury-free and trimmed down thanks to training 8 hours a day.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 01:26 AM   #138
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Vika's up to 12th in the rankings and up to 11th in the race to Doha and right back in contention for a top 8 spot just 242 points off Caro in 8th place. She's in a great position now with not too much to defend until the seasons end to get back into the top 10.

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 01:36 AM   #139
country flag bluestorm10

bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
Vika's up to 12th in the rankings and up to 11th in the race to Doha and right back in contention for a top 8 spot just 242 points off Caro in 8th place. She's in a great position now with not too much to defend until the seasons end to get back into the top 10.

Fantastic news! Hope she can stay healthy and keep playing this well.
bluestorm10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #140
country flag allrounder

Vika's decent USO series stretch has seen her back into the top 10 in the race to Doha. Justines no longer active for the remainder of the season so Vika's basically 9th ATM I think she'l have 4 events left - USO, Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow plus maybe a MM if she needs points desperately if she hasn't qualified near the end of season.

1 Williams, Serena USA 5355
2 Wozniacki, Caroline DEN 4247
3 Williams, Venus USA 4085
4 Stosur, Samantha AUS 3947
5 Jankovic, Jelena SRB 3874
6 Zvonareva, Vera RUS 3773
7 Schiavone, Francesca ITA 3453
8 Henin, Justine BEL 3415
9 Clijsters, Kim BEL 3295
10 Azarenka, Victoria BLR 3097

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #141
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Vika really needs another good slam result. A QF would help, and that's definitely doable with the right draw.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #142
country flag allrounder

Whatever happens she needs to qualify for Doha because she'l lose 370 points if she doesn't. Even if she goes 0-3 in the RR she'd still get 210 points I think which would be most of them defended. A QF at the USO would certainly help plus some decent runs (QF or better) in the 2 Tier 1s in Tokyo/Beijing.

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #143
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
Vika's decent USO series stretch has seen her back into the top 10 in the race to Doha. Justines no longer active for the remainder of the season so Vika's basically 9th ATM I think she'l have 4 events left - USO, Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow plus maybe a MM if she needs points desperately if she hasn't qualified near the end of season.

1 Williams, Serena USA 5355
2 Wozniacki, Caroline DEN 4247
3 Williams, Venus USA 4085
4 Stosur, Samantha AUS 3947
5 Jankovic, Jelena SRB 3874
6 Zvonareva, Vera RUS 3773
7 Schiavone, Francesca ITA 3453
8 Henin, Justine BEL 3415
9 Clijsters, Kim BEL 3295
10 Azarenka, Victoria BLR 3097
to me it is doable. Vika is getting the results back and I have a feeling both her and Clijsters will pass Schiavone before the YEC.

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 11:55 PM   #144
country flag Delfii

Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold

After all this I don't think is appropriate to talk but how will be her rank?
And chances to Doha?
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #145
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pathetic with rankings, can anyone keep me/the rest of us updated on Vika's chances of qualifying for the YEC?
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #146
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

RACE TO DOHA - incl. points from Tokyo Premier 5 tournament:

1. Wozniacki - 5890*
2. Zvonareva - 5397
3. S. Williams - 5355
4. Clijsters - 5295
5. V. Williams - 4985
6. Stosur - 4568
7. Schiavone - 4346*
8. Jankovic - 4157
9. Dementieva - 3721*
10. Azarenka - 3590*
next contenders are about 500 points behind Vika
*still in tournament

Scenarios:
1: Final: Vika bt. Dementieva ==> Vika 4095, Dementieva 3946
2: Final: Vika bt. Schiavone ==> Vika 4095, Schiavone 4571
3: Final: Dementieva bt. Vika ==> Dementieva 4226, Vika 3815
4: Final: Schiavone bt. Vika ==> Schiavone 4851, Vika 3815
5: Final: Caro bt. Dementieva ==> Dementieva 3946
6: Final: Caro bt. Schiavone ==> Schiavone 4571
7: Final: Dementieva bt. Caro ==> Dementieva 4226
8: Final: Schiavone bt. Caro ==> Schiavone 4851

Giving us the following order
Schiavone 4851 (Schiavone WIN)
Schiavone 4571 (Schiavone RUP)
Schiavone 4346 (Schiavone SF exit)
Dementieva 4226 (Dementieva WIN)
Jankovic 4157
Vika 4095 (Vika WIN)
Dementieva 3946 (Dementieva RUP)
Vika 3815 (Vika RUP)
Dementieva 3721 (Dementieva SF exit)
Vika 3590 (VIka SF exit)

as far as I can see, we need Vika to reach the final and actually hope Schiavone beats Dementieva. Vika can't get into top8 at the end of this week but a win over Schiavone can really help her close the gap.
Next week will be important and interesting as it is a mandatory tournament and even an early exit will count.

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika

Last edited by Christinawww : Sep 30th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 01:57 AM   #147
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I want Lena and Vika to qualify for YEC

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 02:54 AM   #148
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

There are rumors that Venus will pull out of the remainder of the tournaments for the year, so there is a chance!!

Christina Great work as always
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM   #149
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Doha looks tougher to reach on her own results now.
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #150
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Still have time...

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote