Which pro does your game compare most to? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #31
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future
Re: Which pro does your game compare most to?

Caroline Especially the serve But i do hit a few winners so not exactly her
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #32
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

error prone Venus
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #33
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I try to copy the players' shots, I copy Hantuchova's forehand and Molik's sliced forehand. And a bit of Kleybanova's backhand.
Omg. What a bad combo
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #34
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Omg. What a bad combo
Whatswrong with Daniela's FH?
Shes MORE techniqually sound everywhere.

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #35
country flag Aaron.

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela-Is-Mine View Post
Whatswrong with Daniela's FH?
Shes MORE techniqually sound everywhere.
Alisa's BH with Daniela's FH would look weird. Dont cha think?
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #36
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Yeah, but it's okay....I've got a Clijsters-Ivanovic forehand mix swing, and Kim's OLD backhand...you know the one, with the loop.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #37
country flag Aaron.

Since when did Clijsters change her backhand?
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #38

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since when did Clijsters change her backhand?
After 2004's wrist problems. She used to have a much more major loop than she does now. Just compare 2001/2002 to 2005 to 2009.
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #39
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa Kleybanova mostly. I hit a pretty big ball, am a bigger guy, but anticipates and moves surprisingly well for my size.

That's sort of an overall idea, though. My backhand is pretty awkward, I hit it very, very flat, and it stays very, very low. It really is very similar to the weird ball Tanasugarn hits.

My forehand is in stark contrast and it's pretty heavy with a lot of top spin.

I have no net game whatsoever, and a pretty good serve for my level.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #40
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

I used to be a bit of a Wozniacki.... but after years of coaching the closest comparison I can find is Juan Carlos Ferrero with a single handed backhand.

My movement has always been my biggest strength (current U20 County Champion at 110m Hurdles) and I always recover to the middle of the baseline pretty well after each shot.

But now I'm quite aggressive as well, using my forehand to dictate play. It's fairly spinny but aggresive spin rather than defensive spin. Often hit my best shots on the run though... I do try to come forward every so often to finish points at the net but I'll only tend to come in as a change up tactic though like Juan. I'm not an all out power hitter but someone who plays controlled aggression which is why I chose to compare myself to JCF. But also someone who enjoys playing on all surfaces. As a rule though I prefer natural surfaces - had my best results on Clay, followed by Grass and then acryllic. Never played much on carpet. After movement and forehand, I think I'm also a good tactician which is why I enjoy clay, I mix up the pace quite a bit.

The main fall down area is the backhand, it's far to inconsistent. On a good day I'll happily hit a topspin single hander most shots and it works quite well. But for the most part as soon as a miss one of two of those I go straight to the slice and find it hard to coax myself out of that kind of mindset. I guess this is where the JCF comparison falls down, probably more like a Petzschner, someone who can hit through their backhand but slices most of the time.

First serve is decent, mostly a flat serve to my opponent's backhand (if they're a righty) but will occasionally use the slice serve to their forehand to mix it up. Generally go for a kick second serve much like JCF.

And obviously all this is at a much lower level than the guys I've referenced....

And I know it's a WTA forum but I've never really found as close a comparison for my game as Juan...
Simona Halep - Heather Watson - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #41
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Shaarapova
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #42
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Alisa's BH with Daniela's FH would look weird. Dont cha think?
Little bit, Alisa puts all her soul in her backhand and Daniela hits effortless power in her forehand.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #43
country flag Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Little bit, Alisa puts all her soul in her backhand and Daniela hits effortless power in her forehand.
I would hate to watch you play. Your strokes must look odd
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #44
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

hingis/radwanska...

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
hingis/radwanska...
You'd be fun to play!

Just think of it...my Ivanovic/Clijsters vs. your Radwanska/Hingis!!!