Off Topic....Anything Goes - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #1
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of
Off Topic....Anything Goes

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...

ummm, to dramatic

ok then

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #2
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes

I guess the chat thread wasn't good enough.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #3
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
I guess the chat thread wasn't good enough.
WHAT

Did I miss it, we can close this biatch down..just lead the way
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #4

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I was juuuuuuuust kidding.

We do have a chat thread, but it's been pretty much M.I.A recently, so why not have a off-topic thread. The more, the merrier or sth like that.
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #5
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

we actually have 2 other chat threads
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #6

Labertanten.
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #7
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

b4 yooooou my whole life was acapella
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #8
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

^ random

I'm hungry
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #9
country flag Jacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovana. View Post
we actually have 2 other chat threads

great, thanks for the heads up
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #10
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

We'll just make this the twitter thread I guess?

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #11
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

we can make it the twitter/msn/anything else thread
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #12
country flag Jacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
We'll just make this the twitter thread I guess?
sorry...we're outa control in here

oh I can change the name(thread) if u guys want?

by the way, can someone tell me how to get one of those cool backgrounds on twitter? I could figure it out on my own but why do that when you have great peeps like you guys around to help out
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #13
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovana. View Post
^ random

I'm hungry

kelis was all african chick on my tv i had to be random is maria on now that radwanska has just won her match?
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #14
country flag JamieOwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacey View Post
sorry...we're outa control in here

oh I can change the name(thread) if u guys want?

by the way, can someone tell me how to get one of those cool backgrounds on twitter? I could figure it out on my own but why do that when you have great peeps like you guys around to help out

which kind? all i do is change the settings and use my own BG

and WTF? IS AZARENKA TALKING ABOUT MARIA ON HER TWITTER?

@vika7 - Hey guys! How is everyone! Me and Masha play doubles today! Next on! Let's go

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
kelis was all african chick on my tv i had to be random is maria on now that radwanska has just won her match?
Whut? masha doesn't play tonight.
Closed Thread