What Is The Last Book or Books You Bought? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #1
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
What Is The Last Book or Books You Bought?

Just out of curiosity more than anything. I was just at my favorite bookstore yesterday and purchased 4 books. I was wondering, for those of us that red for pleasure, wht types of books we buy and who are our favorite authors. Certainly my favorite authour is Larry McMurtry as I have 27 of his books and, with one exception (W.E.B. Griffin) I own no more than 3 of any other author. Mr Griffin I own 7. At any rate, I will list the last books I bought as they were in one purchase:

"In A Narrow Grave: Essays On Texas" by Larry McMurtry
"Boones Lick" by Larry McMurtry
"Cannery Row" by John Steinbeck
"John Lennon" by Pullip Norman

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #2
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Is The Last Book or Books You Bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie_Dude View Post
Just out of curiosity more than anything. I was just at my favorite bookstore yesterday and purchased 4 books. I was wondering, for those of us that red for pleasure, wht types of books we buy and who are our favorite authors. Certainly my favorite authour is Larry McMurtry as I have 27 of his books and, with one exception (W.E.B. Griffin) I own no more than 3 of any other author. Mr Griffin I own 7. At any rate, I will list the last books I bought as they were in one purchase:

"In A Narrow Grave: Essays On Texas" by Larry McMurtry
"Boones Lick" by Larry McMurtry
"Cannery Row" by John Steinbeck
"John Lennon" by Pullip Norman
You have something to look forward to in that one

Steinbeck
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
country flag ~{X}~

~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite author is Steven Saylor, he writes mostly historical fiction mysteries set in the Ancient Roman Empire. His series called the Roma Sub Rosa Series is my favorite and it includes 12 books, he is also the author of ROMA and the upcoming EMPIRE. And I personally communicate with him.

The last 4 books I bought were:

"The Silver Eagle" by Ben Kane
"Lives of the Later Caesars" by unknown authors(Its by historical authors.)
"A Day in the Life of Ancient Rome" by Alberto Angela
"Alexandria" by Justin Pollard and Howard Reid

WOZNIACKI BOUCHARD VENUS
~{X}~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:15 AM   #4
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode View Post
You have something to look forward to in that one

Steinbeck
Yeah, I like Steinbeck. I also have "Grapes of Wrath" and "Of Mice and Men"
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #5
country flag Barrie_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{X}~tianuccio View Post
My favorite author is Steven Saylor, he writes mostly historical fiction mysteries set in the Ancient Roman Empire. His series called the Roma Sub Rosa Series is my favorite and it includes 12 books, he is also the author of ROMA and the upcoming EMPIRE. And I personally communicate with him.

The last 4 books I bought were:

"The Silver Eagle" by Ben Kane
"Lives of the Later Caesars" by unknown authors(Its by historical authors.)
"A Day in the Life of Ancient Rome" by Alberto Angela
"Alexandria" by Justin Pollard and Howard Reid
Sounds interesting..... Did you see any of the HBO seris on Rome?
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #6
country flag ~{X}~

~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I did! I own both season on DVD.

As well I have watched Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I'm a huge fan of Ancient Rome and I am obsessed with reading and learning and studying more and more.

WOZNIACKI BOUCHARD VENUS
~{X}~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #7
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov
The Complete Short Novels - Anton Chekhov
In The Miso Soup - Ryu Murakami
Shogun - James Clavell
Teach Us How To Outgrow Our Madness - Kenzaburo Oe

Still haven't read any of those yet. I have this bad habit of buying more books than I could read in a month. I really should start clearing my backlog before buying new ones, but I can't help it when I go inside a bookstore.

Last edited by Polikarpov : Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Polikarpov is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #8
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Archie Pals and Gals, Double digest. I saw that it was on sale and bought a whole bunch!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #9
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Just last week bought 8 books for absolutely no reason

I read when I am bored to death, most of the time they just collect dust, but anyways.

Bought the Twilight saga, (prelude to LOTR) The Hobbit, Devil Wears Prada and 2 more from the same autor. DOn't remember the names on those
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #10
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and I got Chasing Harry Winston.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #11
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie_Dude View Post
Yeah, I like Steinbeck. I also have "Grapes of Wrath" and "Of Mice and Men"
Good books.

My most recent ones:

Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Worst Case: A Detective Michael Bennett Novel by James Patterson
9th Judgement (Womens Murder Club) by James Patterson

All light reading.
Kuilli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #12
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuilli View Post
Good books.

My most recent ones:

Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Worst Case: A Detective Michael Bennett Novel by James Patterson
9th Judgement (Womens Murder Club) by James Patterson

All light reading.
The Women's Murder Club is already at its ninth installment? The last one I've read was the 4th of July, and I can't even remember the plot anymore. Have you already read all of Women's Murder Club?
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #13
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polikarpov View Post
The Women's Murder Club is already at its ninth installment? The last one I've read was the 4th of July, and I can't even remember the plot anymore. Have you already read all of Women's Murder Club?
Yep, it's the ninth one already. You know Patterson, it doesn't take the writers he uses him long to come out with a new book. I have read all nine.
Kuilli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #14
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Unspoken - Sam Hayes
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #15
country flag Polikarpov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuilli View Post
Yep, it's the ninth one already. You know Patterson, it doesn't take the writers he uses him long to come out with a new book. I have read all nine.
Ha! Does he really let his "collaborators" do all the work? Anyway, what can you recommend among 5,6,7,8, and 9? I don't think I'd want to read all of them.