Match points - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which happens to you?

Im a choker, Ive wasted 10+ matches after having MP 9 16.36%
Im not too bad, I've wasted a few but not a lot. 9 16.36%
Ive won losts of matches after saving MPs! 7 12.73%
Ive won a few after saving MPs. 8 14.55%
I have done both equally! 15 27.27%
I dont play tennis. 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM   #31
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Match points

I've only wasted MP once in my life. Because of the bad weathers, we played a 3rd set TB instead of a set. I lost 8-10 Saved like 4 MP and finally had one of my own but he came up with a huge winner Haven't won from MP (because most of the tourneys here are 3rd set TBs instead of full sets) but I have won like 4-5 times from 1-5 SP down.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 05:00 AM   #32
country flag Rexman

Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of Rexman has much to be proud of

I've had a couple pretty nice meltdowns.

Playing a challenge match for the top spot on my college team, I was the pretty big underdog. The other guy has a bigger game, and is someone you can't let get on top of a point or he'll just clobber you. I was doing a great job of putting pressure on his second serve and got a lot of my own first serves in. He was lucky I didn't bagel him, as up 4-0, and with another break point, he got a netcord that just tipped over. I had break points in the first game of the second, but couldn't convert. Suddenly my first serve lost its aim, and I started missing returns. He took the set pretty easily.

I broke early in the third set, and was really serving with authority. Up 5-3, I had 15-40 after hitting two terrific backhand passing shots. First one, he hit an ace. Nothing you can do about that. Second one, big serve, big forehand. Again, not much you can do. He ended up holding.

Here's where it got good. I hit two solid serves to get up 30-0. I worked a smart point at 30-0, got the sitter forehand in the middle of the court with him push way wide, and I go for a little too close to the line and miss. I hit a quick forehand error into the net to lose the next point. The next point had a fairly extended rarely, and ends with me hitting a wonderful (albeit very lucky)dropshot. On my third match point here, I shank a forehand so badly it not only goes over the fence, but over the street as well. I get another one, and miss my bread and butter backhand down the line by about 15 feet. At this point, panic sets in. Two quick forehand errors and I've lost the game.

He starts off the tiebreaker hitting a SLOW second serve. I promptly respond by sending a timid return into the very bottom of the net. I then double-fault, and miss a fairly routine backhand passing shot. He hits two nice serves, and I double-fault once more to make it 0-6. I come into net, stupidly on match point and push a volley wide. Rex loses 6-2 2-6 6-7(0) after holding four match points and a 5-3 lead.

Not that I remember it or anything.
Juan Carlos Ferrero, Lleyton Hewitt, Tommy Robredo, Rafael Nadal, Gaston Gaudio, Nikolay Davydenko, Richard Gasquet, Jarkko Nieminen, Mario Ancic, Mikhail Youznhy, Novak Djokovic, Marin Cilic, Andy Murray, Evgeny Korolev, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Dmitry Tursunov, Stanislas Wawrinka
Rexman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #33
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I was 5-2* 40-0 up and then somehow went on to lose the set.
Came back to win 6-1 in the third though.
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #34
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
I was 5-2* 40-0 up and then somehow went on to lose the set.
Came back to win 6-1 in the third though.
Great job.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #35
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever i save MPs, i go on to lose the match, don't think i've ever saved MP and won, this summer, it WILL happen!
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #36
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

ugh i'm a total choker.
i tend to (when its a third set TB to 10) go up quickly like 9-4 with some great play and then collapse. its just GREAT.