Russian-Russian casualties.. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:23 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Russian-Russian casualties..

Don't you think that it happens way to often that our girls are getting injured in matches between them?

By heart, it is already at least fifth case, and there are surely more, I just don't remember..

2001 - Kournikova-Petrova
2001 - Krasnorotuskaya-Dementieva
2001 - Likhovtseva-Dementieva
2002 - Krasnoroutskaya-Kouznetsova
2003 - Myskina-Petrova
2003 - Safina-Dementieva

Is there something that makes them go for too much against each other..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!

Last edited by ys : May 5th, 2003 at 03:13 PM.
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:54 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
probably
but the stats will probably show more in future as there will be more and more Russian match-ups

just too sad for Nadya, she looked like she had this one in the bag
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:37 PM   #3
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
It is one thing that is similar for Russian players - they have plenty of baseline speed, but they are very clumsy moving towards the net. Especially chasing the dropshots. It's almost impossible to dropshot Serena, Venus, Jennifer or Kim, and while our girls are very quick chasing balls on the baseline, they are often getting dropshotted to death.

Didn't Alyona D. also injure herself against Likhovtseva in 2001 while also chasing the short ball ( or dropshot ) on green clay and also twisting her ankle?

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:07 PM   #4
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
she didnt twist her ankle, it was more of a stress fracture on the sole of her foot.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #5
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Another one... I just hate these Russian-Russian encounters..

And these bastards again drew all Russians together..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #6
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
This is seriously some freaky shit how Russians get injured against each other...
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #7
country flag AKTW

AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leena
This is seriously some freaky shit how Russians get injured against each other...
injuries
AKTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #8
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
ys, you don't believe in jinxes, do you?

Too bad Elena got hurt. But she has been playing too many tournaments this year. And the change of time zones, countries and surfaces in such a short amount of time is hard to deal with. Elena has played on green clay, carpet and now red clay in the last 3 weeks.

Now that Elena has finally won her first WTA title, it's time for her to play a less crowded schedule that would benefit her health.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : May 5th, 2003 at 07:12 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #9
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
ys, you don't believe in jinxes, do you?
I don't believe in jinxes. I do believe though that Russian-Russian encounters create some unhealthy athmosphere that makes them push themselves beyond what their bodies are prepared for.. For one, if Vera beats Casanova ( which, I think, she will ), I will be dreading of her match against Nastya..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #10
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
It is eery how often one of the Russian girls get injured during matches when they are playing each other.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:13 AM   #11
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
I do believe though that Russian-Russian encounters create some unhealthy athmosphere that makes them push themselves beyond what their bodies are prepared for..
Alyona said that now when she plays Russian girls almost every weak she doesn`t take it too close to heart - win-or-die thing. But in fact I think that she meant girls of her age - Nastya, Bovina, Nadya, maybe Lina. I doubt her phylosophy towards the juniors.