Nina on Grass in 2010! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 05:31 AM   #46
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of
Re: Nina on Grass in 2010!

One hurts Wicky's defeat but at least it obtained his better result here
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #47
country flag lilygotsilly

lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all

Can someone please expalin if Wick is hurt or fatigued or something, I watched the Riske match and was thoroughly impressed with both wick and riske. Now, while Wick doesnt come to the net much , the power on her fhs and on serve was really impressive. Honestly she could have beaten ANYONE on that day. Against Zvonareva she had very little power on serve or off he ground. Seemed completely out of it.To be honest, Zvonerava didnt impress me that much. Sure she tried to take the ball early (she's a ball machine! ) but she wouldnt havent been able to take it early if wick was hitting it as hard as she did against Riske. And Zvon's serving not that great either. Wicks return game stunk after such great returning against Riske. Is she mental or fatigued or both. Please dont tell me she doesnt play good grass tennis. She plays just as good if not better grass tennis as Zvonareva whos game is better suited for hardcourts with a nice even bounce for her ball machine tactics.
lilygotsilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #48
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Mixed R1: (WC) Marray/Smith GBR d. Norman/Wickmayer BEL 6-3 3-6 7-5

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #49

lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all lilygotsilly is a name known to all

PLEASE SOMEBODY! IS NINA TIRED!! There must be a lot of wickmayer experts here - can someone tell me what went wrong with her against zvonerav who isnt that great on grass!
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #50
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I didn't see the game. IMO she has kind of fell out of form after the Australian-swing. Plus she had an operation before RG.
So, I'd say she's not in the same form she was in the beginning of the season. Shall be sharper by the US hardcourt season (I hope).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #51

yes, you are right and she didnt play so well at eastbourne, but she was pretty good at birmingham and really good against riske in the 1st round at wimbledon. She looked like she hardly tried against zvonareva. At least throw down some big serves and monster fhs!
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #52

just read that the "suspension" is still hanging over her head and that has led to a nasty attitude and inconsistent play over the last months. Maybe she looked so good against Riske is because she was really focused for one of the few times lately because she wanted revenge on this girl from Pittsburgh, PA!