AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #376
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Match photos...think these are from R1...

btw - Match reports on previous page
Facebook: Support Uzbekistan Tennis Team in 2014
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...Eastbourne 2014
- I went to Tashkent Open...yesss TASHKENT!!!! -
Davai-Akgul (3)Amanmuradova/Daniilidou (UZB/GRE) #MyDreamTeam
Elisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM   #377
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Akgul took the 2nd set from Sveta with some great serving, both 1st & 2nd serve really clicking. And one monster of a FH ROS for the mini-break! And here we are in set 3, on a show court ... LOVE IT!!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM   #378
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future

Amaze
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM   #379
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

She's playing so well
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM   #380
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

Goes out with a whimper, but a good showing
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:47 PM   #381
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul
so close

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #382
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul's doubles match on Court 17 is on livestream on ESPN3.com right now -- she's playing with Barrois. 1-1
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #383
auntie janie

They won! Great serving from Akgul again. Well done!
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #384
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Akgul and Kristina! Good luck in next round.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #385
auntie janie

Thumbs up Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisse View Post
Roland Garros....once again saw all of Akgul's matches here, except the last Mixed doubles. R1 was against Martinez Sanchez on Court 3...what a match!!! Akgul lost her first service game...didn't look nothing wrong with MJMS....was 2-1, then MJMS called for the trainer which was a surprise to everyone, she was crying, doctor was called...problem with her neck etc... Anyway, she came out to play again....only problem was with her serve, no problems with any other part of her game. Akgul on the other hand was awesome...she played a truly incredible match...beautiful drop shots, awesome slice BH, great serving, amazing angled volleys at the net....she played all the shots so well!! MJMS looked pretty stiff when she was serving...but she didn't have any problems with any other part of her game. She then started serving underarm which was a total shock to everyone...including Akgul, no one expected that!! (Personally, she didn't look injured enough to serve underarm...I definately think it was done for gamesmanship, everyone at the match seemed to think that also) Akgul didn't let it effect her though, she stayed positive, motivated and full of belief!! Honestly, out of all the matches I've ever seen her play (and it's a lot ) this was one of my top 3 favorite matches of hers...she was incredible!!!

R2 against Larsson...not much to say about this match, another awesome performance from Akgul, Larsson returns everything...a tough match but Akgul just worked really hard, played her own game and got the win. R3 against Scheepers...Akgul really didn't get a chance to get into the match...Chani controlled from the start, Akgul has the game to beat her (and has beaten her before) but Chani just had the luck on her side, took her chances and won. Women's doubles with Voskoboeva was not so good...it rained a few times during the match...Akgul was motivated, but poor Galina just was having a bad day at the office, every shot she tried just didn't work....netted all volleys she tried, serve was off..and the other two was just too good.

Ok, onto the Mixed This was a total surprise, think they only got in cause other teams withdrew...I should have been going home on the day they were playing but I wanted to see the match so much I changed my flight and stayed extra 48 hrs Akgul and Aisam make a great team!!!! They have that special magic when they play together (same as Eastbourne last year with Sugiyama) They were just so fun to watch, crazy shots at the net from Akgul..great serving from both, lots of laughing...what a team!!! Really want them to partner eachother again..they were so entertaining and fun to watch At the end of the match they just looked so happy, Aisam was thrilled with the win and it was one of those matches that just makes you smile when you think of it....well worth changing my flight for!!

That's the end of my little reports for now - will try and write a bit about Eastbourne later, still got so much to do before Wimbledon starts
Thank you so much for the great reports! Your photos match what you say about the Akgul-Aisam team chemistry. Am disappointed not to see them in the Wimby mixed draw.
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #386
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of

Kuznetsova-Amanmuradova.Wimbledon.2010.1st (10 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #387
auntie janie

Akgul Amanmuradova / Kristina Barrois def. Magdalena Rybarikova / Klara Zakopalova 6-4 6-2

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #388
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Kuznetsova-Amanmuradova.Wimbledon.2010.1st (10 parts)
was added HERE

Thanks so much!!!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...Eastbourne 2014
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #389
country flag Elisse

btw - Did anyone manage to record the stream from the doubles matches?
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #390
auntie janie

No, and I only was able to watch the first 4 games or so this time. Both teams started out a little awkwardly; I'm glad it was Akgul and Kristina who managed to settle down and get the win. stov

I think this is as far as Akgul has ever been in a Slam in doubles; she also reached the 3rd round at Wimbledon in 2008 with Kustova. So another win would mean another career milestone for Akgul. Go get it, kid!