Recommend a type of strings! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #16
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommend a type of strings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
i use syn gut at 57lbs, tried everything else and always come back to syn gut
You're in the same position as me, then. What racket do you use? Any particular brand of synthetic gut?

Typically I use Gamma, but Prince was the only one in stock when I ordered this time (because I went with Amazon) so I'll be using that for the first time
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #17
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twight6 View Post
You're in the same position as me, then. What racket do you use? Any particular brand of synthetic gut?

Typically I use Gamma, but Prince was the only one in stock when I ordered this time (because I went with Amazon) so I'll be using that for the first time
i use the yonex 001 (yellow one dementieva used) and i have a friend who is a gold level stringer so leave which brand to him (i know he orders from W & D strings). he has made me try every type of string and i haven't liked any as much as syn. polly's i break like it is made of glass lol

for me because i play so often, i find the syn lasts the longest whilst i feel comfortable with it. i was having my rackets restrung every 2 weeks.

luckily because i have a friend who strings, i only pay for the string sets and because he gets them at cost price it is dirt cheap.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #18
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll ask my friend what make of syn gut he uses in my racket.

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #19
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i use the yonex 001 (yellow one dementieva used) and i have a friend who is a gold level stringer so leave which brand to him (i know he orders from W & D strings). he has made me try every type of string and i haven't liked any as much as syn. polly's i break like it is made of glass lol

for me because i play so often, i find the syn lasts the longest whilst i feel comfortable with it. i was having my rackets restrung every 2 weeks.

luckily because i have a friend who strings, i only pay for the string sets and because he gets them at cost price it is dirt cheap.
Really then we are in the exact same position . Synthetic gut isn't the most durable, but for feel and durability I think it has the best combination. Plus, I string my own so I can also do it at dirt cheap (plus the string itself is already cheaper than most)

Quote:
i'll ask my friend what make of syn gut he uses in my racket.
Thanks!
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #20
country flag sammy01

i txt him and it is rab texflex premium 1.35mm, about £5 a set (but he buys a reel of it not individual sets).

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #21
country flag sammy01

Quote:
Really then we are in the exact same position . Synthetic gut isn't the most durable, but for feel and durability I think it has the best combination. Plus, I string my own so I can also do it at dirt cheap (plus the string itself is already cheaper than most)

Thanks!
yep im with you on it being the longest lasting whilst keeping its feel.

thats it (my poor battered racket and a new set of strings.

Last edited by sammy01 : May 26th, 2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: edit
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #22
country flag twight6

Quote:
i txt him and it is rab texflex premium 1.35mm, about £5 a set (but he buys a reel of it not individual sets).
That's about what I pay, although the 1.35 is a little thicker than I use (I use 16G, 1.30 mm)
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #23
country flag twight6

Quote:
yep im with you on it being the longest lasting whilst keeping its feel.

thats it (my poor battered racket and a new set of strings.
Very nice One of my favorite racquets of all time is the Yonex Mp-5i, but they don't make it anymore and it's tough to find in the US. I have one left that I haven't managed to break but a small crack is forming on the top and the grommet has completely worn away
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #24
country flag sammy01

Quote:
That's about what I pay, although the 1.35 is a little thicker than I use (I use 16G, 1.30 mm)
maybe try different types of syn gut out then, different thicknesses and even tension.. i found all the polly's or mix just last so short a time it was not worth it.

Old May 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #25
country flag sammy01

Quote:
Very nice One of my favorite racquets of all time is the Yonex Mp-5i, but they don't make it anymore and it's tough to find in the US. I have one left that I haven't managed to break but a small crack is forming on the top and the grommet has completely worn away
one of my other rds 001's that didn't last very long (i must point out i did go on to win the set 6-4 after smashing this frame lol)

Old May 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #26
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

@ being down 4-2 to Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Ich rechne hier mit max. 2 deutschen Siegen, vielleicht wird es auch eine 0 am Ende werden. Interessanter wird es sein, wie Günthardt das seinen TV-Partnern, in erster Linie dem SWR, dann erklären wird, falls das Turnier am Freitag schon ohne deutsche Beteiligung sein wird.
Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #27
country flag twight6

Quote:
one of my other rds 001's that didn't last very long (i must point out i did go on to win the set 6-4 after smashing this frame lol)
Great picture

My Yonex has a crack in the top of the frame (I won't upload a picture ) because I smashed it during a tournament my sophomore year in high school. I was winning 5-2 and loving the racquet, that I had just restrung the day before for this specific one-day tournament, and the strings broke. They had a poly (which I will never use again) and a synthetic mix on them, only lasted 7 games, which caused me to smash it
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #28
country flag Serenus Christ

Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute

Luxilon M2
multifilament and monofilament strings FTW.
Hola my bitches.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #29
Deck

Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future

If you're a hot female, please let me suggest G-strings.
Deck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #30
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Babolat Pro Hurricane for ages....but i've recently switched to Babolat Revenge and i prefer them. So powerful.