Your tennis results?! - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #376
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice
Re: Your tennis results?!

OMG guys, I'm in the final of a Men's Open tournament.

It's called the 'Your Name Here' tournament sponsored by Babolat. Basically this is the first year and if you win, the tournament is named after you the next year. How freaking cool is that!!

Anyhow I won my SF match tonight 2-6, 7-5, 6-2

I wasn't hitting through the first serve in the first set so I wasn't putting any pressure on my opponent. Also his slice backhand really bothered me. I made many errors trying to aggressively return that shot. The first 4 games I was hitting my shots but then after that nothing went in.

2nd set, I slowed my game down. I went back to my less aggressive game. Lots of deep topspin, longer rallies, working the point. Eventually I started to time my return of his backhand slice much better. Also I hit one perfect first serve and that was all it took for me to start grooving the serve.

It was still a HUGE battle. LOTS of long duece games. I served for it at 5-4 and choked
My opponent was very vocal with his fist pumps and come ons on the simplest of my errors. At one point he yelled come on when he thought he had hit a winner and I got to it and hit my own winner Then I gave him the Serena staredown

Anyway battled it out to 6-5 and after like 4 dueces and 2 set points wasted I finally closed it out. I was so tight in the 2nd set I vowed to bring it in the 3rd.

3rd set, I went back to my aggressive game, which was a gamble. I had gotten the timing of my shots, esp my 1 handed backhand so I felt I could hit with a lot more pace now. It paid off. Lots of big hitting and smart play (if I may say so myself) and I was up 5-2. No choking this time and I closed it out at love.

I saw the guy I play in the final. Since it is an Open tournament anyone of any level can play. This guy has to be at least a 5.0
His serve is It is not the flat serve I am worried about. Those are cake. It was his kick serve.
It was bouncing above his opponents head.
If I'm timing the ball well, I don't have a problem taking it on the rise at shoulder level, hitting a topspin drive deep thus neutralising the serve.
I hope I can do this tomorrow.
Either way I am very proud of winning my SF match and can't wait to play my final.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #377
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

win it!
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #378
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I played my first full match in what seems like FOREVER.
Basically my coach had organised a friendly match between the top juniors from my club, and the local college team (who won the national schools competition last year). He coaches both teams and I had to play this 18 year old. Im only 14 and to begin with I played AMAZING and I won the first set 6-2 . However, I then started to get too far ahead of myself (I started thinking about what the final scoreline would be; i was thinking i could finish it in 2 easy sets)and he started serving amazing; i quickly lost the 2nd set 6-1. However I won the Champions tie break which we play instead of a full 3rd set 10-5 and in doing so picked up just my 2nd win on grass.

I think I should mention that the final score after all matches were played was 4-10 to the college academy.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM   #379
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

I played this guy with one arm and I lost 6-3 6-2

He was crazy good though. Great one-handed backhand
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM   #380
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
I played this guy with one arm and I lost 6-3 6-2

He was crazy good though. Great one-handed backhand
How did he toss the ball to serve?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM   #381
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

My son and I played a just for shits and giggles tournament last night. We lost our first match to a couple of junior boys 6-2, beat a junior girls team 6-0, lost to another father/son team 6-4 and lost to an adult mixed team 7-6(4).

I was the weak link in every match but the first one, where we both pretty blew. My son was a veritable Elena Dementieva, and I did my "Vee on a bad day" forehand.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM   #382
country flag silyaunWILLIAMS

silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of

In my first League match at my tennis club I played I won 6-4 6-2. The guy was a lefty but didn't actually know how to hit it wide on the AD-court.

First set

During the first two games I played like Venus at Wimbledon, holding and breaking to 15. Then I sort of left the court mentally and before I knew it, he was a break up, serving for 5-3. On game point, 40-30, he hit about 20 short balls and I didn't come in on any. () But (Luckily) I won the point and broke to level it at 4-4. I then held serve to 30 and confidently held for the set.

Second Set

At this point I was in my groove, shouting 'adje' every few points, smacking winners right left and centre, making few unforced errors and serving live gernades. At 5-2 I then hit 3 double-faults in a row. Then it was an ace, a service winner, and possibly the longest point of my life. Deuce. I then served it out quickly! YaY!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM   #383
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I just lost 6-3 6-2 to some man who sliced EVERYTHING.
I'm not used to that....It really made me realise how differently different generations play. This man was about 40, sliced everything. All my fellow juniors hit with a lot of top spin and I just found it really hard adapting my game today.

EDIT: I was also playing in 30C heat. Thats like really hot for England, especially in may.

Last edited by Joe. : May 23rd, 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Joe. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM   #384
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Classic old man tennis!
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #385
country flag Jose.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

This weekend I will be back playing tournaments in Portugal.
Will play in Espinho on artificial grass courts Has anyone played in art. grass? I need some tips

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:32 PM   #386
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Won a four hour tennis match in 27C heat today (its hot for Ireland!), 0-6, 6-4, 6-4, 2-6, 14-12. I had 2 Ms at 7-6, and he had two at 9-8.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM   #387
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfb View Post
How did he toss the ball to serve?
His left arm ends right below the elbow, so he tosses the ball with his right hand, hold his racquet under his left armpit, switches the racquet to his right hand after he tosses the ball, and then serves.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM   #388
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by No mercy!!! View Post
This weekend I will be back playing tournaments in Portugal.
Will play in Espinho on artificial grass courts Has anyone played in art. grass? I need some tips
It's very common in australia.

It also depends on what the court is like basically all i can say it's really just like a crappy hard court. the ball bounces less fast and not as high, the tough thing is to have correct foot work as the court can be very annoying to me anyway

good luck

Oh and also the ball skids alot, so slices and flat shots are more effective
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #389
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

I got injured in my elbow while practising for the finals of open tournament and lost 6-4, 6-3.

I'm so disappointed. Every serve and forehand I hit put me in so much pain but my backhand was fine. I wanted to retire because it hurt so much, but I didn't because people had come to watch and since it is the first tournament, they taped part of it for Babolat.

I couldn't put anything on my forehand or serve and once my opponent realised this he kept hitting to my forehand.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #390
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i've played 2 derbyshire summer leauge matches this year so far. have won 6 of 6 super sets in them so far. 9-7, 9-8, 9-6 in a division 2 1st team match, then last night i filled in a 2nd team match (the captain is in hospital) division 5 9-1, 9-5, 9-2.

played well in the 1st team match, last night ended up with a blood soaked sock as a blister burst during the match.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote