My hit with a wily old man. Highest ranked player I've ever hit with. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #1
country flag Chorophyll

Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of
My hit with a wily old man. Highest ranked player I've ever hit with.

This happened a bit ago, but I figured I would share. I was at the tennis courts hitting around and mostly practicing my serve when this old man comes up and asks me if I want to play.

I'm sure that when you guys get asked to play you sort of visually scout the person to see if they're any good or not. I shrugged and I was like sure. We get into the rallies and he's playing me with the bait/switch. He lets me dictate the point to a certain length then randomly changes his pace and overwhelms me. We play several challenging rallies before stopping for a water break and he tells me that he was once on the ATP tour.

Before you get excited, he played no maindraw events anywhere and he said his best career highlight was playing the Indian Wells qualifying one year. Still, for me, it was the highest ranked player I'd ever hit with. I've also played doubles with a guy who played on the futures/satellite tour.
Chorophyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My hit with a wily old man. Highest ranked player I've ever hit with.

Wow that's nice... how old was he? did you ask him about his best ranking?

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow What fun!

At the start of your story I was reminded of the first time I played against this 73 year old man in my home town. He saw me playing one day and asked if I wanted to play him-- mind you he was 73 and looked older-- so I said sure. I was #1 on my high school team and still young and fit, and he beat me 6-1 6-2 Taught me how to really play tennis, neutralized my power completely and killed me with his placement.

He used to coach the high school team about 20 years ago, and plays in USTA tournaments in NYC every year... Never played ATP though so I guess this is where our stories differ
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #4
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, those old men are way too smart.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #5
country flag anapurma

anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice anapurma is just really nice

It is good that you have not been playing with some money wagered If I were an old man with such a tennis past I would waylay young and self-confident players and request them to play for a couple of dollars Wondering what was his name BTW.

Last edited by anapurma : May 13th, 2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: typo
anapurma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:16 AM   #6
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

well the place i go to play, the owner was in the ATP and his wife in the WTA. she played in fed cup with tulyaganova.

she's good

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:34 AM   #7
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic View Post
well the place i go to play, the owner was in the ATP and his wife in the WTA. she played in fed cup with tulyaganova.

she's good
whats her name? she probably has an ITF record.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #8
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I'm allowed to reveal

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #9
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

im sure you can
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote