time to hire up a coach? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #76
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold
Re: time to hire up a coach?

my mother about mike:"oh the obese, he doesn't very look like a coach. why maria doesn't have a real coach"
for her, he is more like a brother than a coach

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #77
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

It's bump time again... unfortunately.
Maria, you're not smarter than the hundreds of playiers before you who decided to have a new coach in order to re-boost their careers. Even the great Federer, who went coach-less for a pretty long time and won big, eventually went for having a new coach.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #78
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

i was gonna bump this thread but u did it for me

well it's time to change Maria, until it's too late...

the thing is that im afraid she doesn't wanna change routine, she likes too much her was of life as it is now
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #79
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

lol every time she lost it's mike fault. sometime you could have a good coach and a bad player. i'm not saying that mike is good or maria is bad but i think it's not only mike fault today...

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #80
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyannnnn View Post
lol every time she lost it's mike fault. sometime you could have a good coach and a bad player. i'm not saying that mike is good or maria is bad but i think it's not only mike fault today...
we are not saying that, we are just saying it's time to get back or choose something else
MIke is bad or not? I really dunno but the thing is that lately shes losing way too often
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #81
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

It's not about blaming Mike, I'm sure he's giving the maximum he can and there's no questioning that he's 200% involved in his job as Maria's coach. That's not the problem.

It's about blaming Maria for not taking necessary steps to renew her tennis and more generally the perspective on her career. Maria and Mike are at a point where it's the same thing all over again; as a team they can't think out of the box anymore. Something external is needed to feed the system, otherwise it collapses. And IT IS already collapsing right now.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #82
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this time I agree with the bump, because after a first round exit at a slam there has to be some change. I'm not saying fire Mike, but at least bring someone new into the group.

Maria has a lot of work to do, and I don't think any of it is on the tennis court training, she has to get real with herself, find out why she is putting so much pressure on herself in Slams. I don't think Mike can help her with that.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #83
country flag Rerun
procrastination

also because im afraid she will not be able to handle too many losses like the last one (especially in a row) , i dont wanna hear nothing similar to the typical disappointed drama queen' early retirement after a tough period like this
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #84
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

*bump*
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #85
country flag Rerun
procrastination

its like talking about something wont' happen, unfortunately

she needs to change a lot, but she will not do anything

thats sad, thats bad, thats her in tennis unfortunately
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #86
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, he's been there since day one. Masha would be lost without him.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #87
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

She does not have to get rid of Mike completely. Keep him around as hitting partner, moral support, motivator...
But still think they are at a point where a couple of outside opinions would help. When you are working with the same people for a long time most things just become routines. And sometimes it helps when there is somobody to point that out for you
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #88
country flag P_Fer

P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
She does not have to get rid of Mike completely. Keep him around as hitting partner, moral support, motivator...
But still think they are at a point where a couple of outside opinions would help. When you are working with the same people for a long time most things just become routines. And sometimes it helps when there is somobody to point that out for you
I completely agree.
If she doesnt make a change, then she cant expect her results to change either.
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #89
country flag Masha Fierce

Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light Masha Fierce is a glorious beacon of light

In fact , I think Mike didn't have his chance as the main couch for Maria !
He was blocked with the injuries of her , I remembered that in the Doha 08 in the final Maria asked for his advice after her lost to the 2nd set and after that she destroyed Zvonareva 6-0 in the final set !!
Thats a sign for me !
Masha Fierce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:42 AM   #90
country flag Doc

Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future

clearly this needs another bump.

If she does badly at Wimbledon too. (hoping not), then she does need a fresh pair of hands helping her to learn how to WIN the clutch matches again.

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote