ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #181
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say

Rank Avg School Last Week
1 79.75 Baylor University 2
2 77.04 North Carolina 1
3 75.26 University of Florida 3
4 69.67 University of Michigan 4
5 65.51 Northwestern University 6
6 65.22 University of Notre Dame 5
7 64.31 UCLA 7
8 63.11 Stanford 9
9 58.75 Clemson University 8
10 57.87 Duke University 10
11 54.86 University of Miami (Florida) 11
12 51.00 California 12
13 49.42 Georgia Tech 20
14 47.91 University of Tennessee 13
15 44.87 Florida State University 14
16 39.38 University of Mississippi 17
17 39.21 University of South Carolina 16
18 39.18 University of Texas at Austin 19
19 37.41 University of Georgia 15
20 34.52 University of Southern California 18
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #182
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light

Rank Avg School Last Week
1 79.75 Baylor University 2
2 77.04 North Carolina 1
3 75.26 University of Florida 3
4 69.67 University of Michigan 4
5 65.51 Northwestern University 6
6 65.22 University of Notre Dame 5
7 64.31 UCLA 7
8 63.11 Stanford 9
9 58.75 Clemson University 8
10 57.87 Duke University 10
11 54.86 University of Miami (Florida) 11
12 51.00 California 12
13 49.42 Georgia Tech 20
14 47.91 University of Tennessee 13
15 44.87 Florida State University 14
16 39.38 University of Mississippi 17
17 39.21 University of South Carolina 16
18 39.18 University of Texas at Austin 19
19 37.41 University of Georgia 15
20 34.52 University of Southern California 18
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #183
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Pretty tight there for that 16 spot. Could Texas take it with a couple of good wins in the Big 12 tournament?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #184
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know how the NCAA tournament placement works? Specifically is Cal most likely to draw the first Pac-10 team that is not hosting a regional (i.e. as of now USC)?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #185
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Does anyone know how the NCAA tournament placement works? Specifically is Cal most likely to draw the first Pac-10 team that is not hosting a regional (i.e. as of now USC)?
This is the memo that explains it. It is also found as a link from the ITA ranking page.

I believe that they avoid having same conference teams play each other in the first round.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #186
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

oops, that memo and this handbook explain the procedures. I find the handbook confusing, it is as if they say that they will be using calculation with strength of schedule, with three other criterias, and then say ignore that, we are going to use the ITA rankings.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #187
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Thoughts:

Baylor They don't start one American girl.
I think Flordia being ranked below UNC is silly. Florida hasn't lost a match since indoors (where come on, they aren't exactly an indoor powerhouse) and they crushed UNC 6-1. (Yes, I know rankings don't work quite like this)
Stanford finally a top 8 seed!

A few strong teams that you could argue are leading the pack (e.g. Baylor, Florida) but the tourney looks to be quite open this year.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #188
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Pretty tight there for that 16 spot. Could Texas take it with a couple of good wins in the Big 12 tournament?
The only good win that would help Texas in the rankings is beating Baylor. Beating any other team in the Big 12 Tournament wont help them at all.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #189
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Thoughts:

Baylor They don't start one American girl.
I think Flordia being ranked below UNC is silly. Florida hasn't lost a match since indoors (where come on, they aren't exactly an indoor powerhouse) and they crushed UNC 6-1. (Yes, I know rankings don't work quite like this)
Stanford finally a top 8 seed!

A few strong teams that you could argue are leading the pack (e.g. Baylor, Florida) but the tourney looks to be quite open this year.
With you pretty much wanting to give the trophy to Baylor or Florida, that's normally the kiss of death especially with so many strong teams out there this year. I could see one of eight or nine teams that could win the Championship this year!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #190
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
With you pretty much wanting to give the trophy to Baylor or Florida, that's normally the kiss of death especially with so many strong teams out there this year. I could see one of eight or nine teams that could win the Championship this year!
What do you mean "wanting to give the trophy to Baylor or Florida"? Those are the last two teams I want to see win, especially Florida. And kiss of death for what? It would be bad if I was competing against these teams this year, but I'm not. How could my comment in any way be a kiss of death?
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #191
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I didn't mean that Cal would draw a Pac-10 opponent in the first round but rather that it is quite likely that they will have USC in their regional. I'm assuming that Washington will head to UCLA. ASU to Stanford and then Cal to USC.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #192
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Rankings 4/27/10

Dropped Out = 1

73. Akron

Got Ranked

60. North Texas
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote