Describe your playing style ! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:55 PM   #16
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Describe your playing style !

Forehand: Has it's good days and then has it's bad days It can be really good, or it can not and then I just get it in the court, but even then I try to do it aggressively I think with good placement.
Backhand: My favorite and best shot. I love hitting it flat, flat and flatter Can hit winners cross court, down-the-line, and inside out, just love it. Try to dictate with that one mostly.
Movement: Fast, can get to a lot. I like running
Volleys: Can have it's good days, but mostly bad days
Serve: Up and down. Majority of the time, I just spin it in so I don't have to do a second serve, but I can hit a good flat first serve.

I try to be the aggressor on the baseline, but at the same time when over powered I can be kind of like a counter puncher who waits for the opening to then be aggressive, so I have more patience with my shots then I would if I was the aggressor.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #17
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Forehand: Has it's good days and then has it's bad days It can be really good, or it can not and then I just get it in the court, but even then I try to do it aggressively I think with good placement.
Backhand: My favorite and best shot. I love hitting it flat, flat and flatter Can hit winners cross court, down-the-line, and inside out, just love it. Try to dictate with that one mostly.
Movement: Fast, can get to a lot. I like running
Volleys: Can have it's good days, but mostly bad days
Serve: Up and down. Majority of the time, I just spin it in so I don't have to do a second serve, but I can hit a good flat first serve.

I try to be the aggressor on the baseline, but at the same time when over powered I can be kind of like a counter puncher who waits for the opening to then be aggressive, so I have more patience with my shots then I would if I was the aggressor.
This is crazily similar to me
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #18
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Serve : used to be good. Now, any 73 years old grandma looks like Karlovic next to me. DFs are not a problem.

Backhand : on & off. Can be a "money-making" shot on Monday and become as unreliable as Ivanovic's ball toss on Tuesday. Two-handed and flat.

Forehand : my best shot. I love, love to hit it crosscourt. Always going for broke with that shot. When it's on, I beat everyone. Flat hitting. I can pu some spin of it but it will land on the service land and I will get killed.

Net play : what is that? Sometimes I go to the net to put pressure on my opponent but I have to hit a volley, it can go anywhere, from 60 meters up to my opponent's face. My smash is as bad. I once hit someone on the torso.

Mental Strenght : I can't play well against a younger/bad opponent. It's truly embarassing. Otherwise, when I'm up for a challenge, I fight like a mad dog and usually wins against people I'm expected to lose to. I choked once and that's it.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #19
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post

Mental Strenght : I can't play well against a younger/bad opponent. It's truly embarassing. Otherwise, when I'm up for a challenge, I fight like a mad dog and usually wins against people I'm expected to lose to. I choked once and that's it.
I really get what you mean there, that has happened to me a lot. To be honest I think that's Serena's problem regarding Slams and non-slams. So it's not that embarassing!
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #20
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

First Serve: Flat. Like 100 MPH. Always
Second Serve: lol. I just tap the ball in.
Forehand: A bit of Topspin. Put it pretty deep, but a good aggressive player can easily hit the hell out of the ball flat right back. I am quite good at defense on the forehand side, with a really low sitting slice.
Backhand: 1H. LOTS of topspin. Extremely loopy, and the ball bounces very high, even on cement. Usually if I get it deep in a corner, it comes back as a midcourt topspin ball that I putaway with my forehand
Volley: Pretty good. React well from side to side, but not so much when the ball comes at my body.
Movement/Footwork: Ehhhh. Good footspeed but not great at those stutter steps.
Style: I like to play my FH more, and often run around to hit it. Like putting it into my (righty) opponent's FH.

BTW, my service motion is almost EXACTLY like Zvonareva.

instargram
duhcity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #21
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
If I play like Jelena, it means you are going to PWN me

Let's organize our private Rogers Cup.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #22
country flag northern lad

northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute

my forehand is bigger than my two-handed backhand but i think the BH is more reliable. i tend to slice more when i think my two-hander is off. i can volley on the backhand side but am a disaster when i have to hit a forehand volley. my footwork is hot and cold. i get caught flat footed constantly, especially after i serve. my serve is okay. in practice i can hit hard flat serves, slice serves or serves with some topspin (i wouldn't exactly call it a kick...) but when i'm playing actual points the serve tends to go out the window. actually... most of my game goes out the window when i'm playing actual points.
northern lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #23
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Serve: My serve is alright-ish. my flat serve at the fastest is 170km/h but i generally slice and use topspin serves more.

Backhand: two handed backhand, my most consistent shot. down the line is my best shot, and i like to angle my backhands.

Forehand: Flat shot with minimal spin. Some days my forehand is so good, but others they're sent straight into the net. down the line forehands are hard for me becuase i hit flat, so angles and crosscourts i choose.

Net Play: i either make drive-volleys or drop volleys.

Mental Strength: i get pissed at myself too easily.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #24
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogs View Post
Serve: My serve is alright-ish. my flat serve at the fastest is 170km/h but i generally slice and use topspin serves more.

Backhand: two handed backhand, my most consistent shot. down the line is my best shot, and i like to angle my backhands.

Forehand: Flat shot with minimal spin. Some days my forehand is so good, but others they're sent straight into the net. down the line forehands are hard for me becuase i hit flat, so angles and crosscourts i choose.

Net Play: i either make drive-volleys or drop volleys.

Mental Strength: i get pissed at myself too easily.
my fave player is masha, so i try to replicate her style of play. aggressive baseliner.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:48 AM   #25
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a serve, but I'm working on it. My favorite serve to hit is wide on both sides, I try to hit them flat but usually they're more sliced. My second serve is a major powder puff, and those tend to be more sliced...or double faults.

I center my game around my forehand. It's not very consistent, but I love smacking my forehand when I can. If I can get a low, flat ball with not too much pace I can re-direct and usually get myself into a winning position, though my forehand doesn't have enough power to go for the kill immediately.

If I'm pushed behind the baseline (I always try to be on or inside the baseline, and I love when I can hit inside-in forehands on the rise) then my only option is to hit a FH DTL or a high moonball if it goes to my backhand...sometimes I'll slice it, if I can. I run around my backhand as often as I can, I hate my backhand though I'm trying to get used to hitting it more. I have major problems responding to moonballs...

Speaking of my backhand, it's one-handed, and I immediately hit a slice on it. I don't even think of hitting topspin unless I have more than enough time to prepare. It's a long motion/wind up to my backhand and I like my slice anyway. It can be low and deep, but sometimes it's a strange combo of a slice and a lob. It always curves crazily once it hits the ground, and it confuses my opponent each and every time I hit it. I've had people say it's my best shot.

Volleys are my favorite shots to hit. Big inside-out forehand, rush to net, put away the volley is my best play. I am so inconsistent off the ground that I know I need to finish the point quickly, so I try to find ways to come to net as soon as I can. I love hitting volleys actually, even my backhand volley works now, kind of...especially the low pick up backhand volley. If I had a serve I'd be a serve and volley player. I also suck at hitting smashes...I hit so many into the net.

Movement, ehhhhh....I have poor footwork, which hinders me, but otherwise I think I have excellent anticipation and decent footspeed. If I had more proper training and a more developed groundstroke game I think I'd be a good player. Alas.

Last edited by LudwigDvorak : Apr 24th, 2010 at 03:53 AM.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #26
country flag nicidle

nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold

I play like a pusher

My backhand is my best shot. esp. DTL , generate more pace.

my forehand is a crap. I'm not satisfied with it and i need to put more topspin on it to get balls over the net. Though when it's on, it can be damaging.

And i prefer coming to the net to finsih off points coz hitting winners is rather hard for me.

I'm speedy.

Makes a good pusher.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #27
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Movement: It was quite good until I injured my ankle few years ago...since this it sucks

Serve: non-exist

Forehand: non-exist

Returns: non-exist from forehand side...from backhand it´s sometimes not that bad)

Backhand: slice (I´m using top-spin just when I returned)

Mental strenght:

Net play: absolutely perfect

So my tactic is don´t serve a DF and as fast as possible going to the net...If this works then I´m winning...or I´m slicing the opponent to the death from backhand

Last edited by SVK : Apr 24th, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #28
country flag Josh.
Jumpin' on

Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute

Forehand: Has been my friend and enemy over the years. I have fiddled around with the grip for ages before finally settling on one. Now, I mostly hit it with a decent amount of spin, using it to set up my backhand by pushing my opponent back. I can (occasionally) flatten it out, but I much rather use it to set up points. Also, often resort to the "helicopter" swing. ()

Backhand: My kill shot. I absolutely love my backhand. Basically can do whatever I want with it; flat, topspin, angles, slice. Everything I do is to set up backhand. Best return is DTL, though cross-court can work well.

Serve: Used to be a hot mess. But after much work, I've got a simply motion with which I can hit a flat first serve and a kick or slider second. My best side to serve is the Ad - side, which comes handy because I can hit some good serves to save breakpoints etc.

Volleys: Yeah, look, they are ok. Playing singles I often don't have to hit a difficult volley due to my approach being decent. If I don't hit a good enough approach, or my shot isn't as effective as I thought, I wont come in. I play competition and we only play doubles, so I have decent instincts and can cross. But generally, I will play for the baseline and approach after one or two shots.

Movement: I'm about 6'4 so movement will never be my best assets. I think I surprise people with my ability to move. I can slide into my shots on the fake grass. Overall, I move much better forward/backwards then side to side, although I'm working on it.
Josh. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #29
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

My game changes like every week, so I'll say how it was yesterday.

My serve is just horrible. First one has decent power and placement, but the second serve is a disgrace, it's like 20 km/h.

My groundies are good. Forehand is good when on, but my backhand is my favourite shot. It's always solid.

Over the years, I've struggled on the forehand though. I used to hit it extremely hard when I was 13-14, but now I have a different grip I think, so I hit it topspin most of the time. I have patches when I can't get it in, so I've mastered the double handed forehand which I use then.

My biggest weapon is definitely my nerves and mental. I have won saving MPs on tons of occasions, while I just lost having a MP for the first time this week (I had saved 5 MP before my single MP too).

When all is going good, I am a pretty decent player. But I tend to get too defensive at times, especially towards the end of matches. The thought of making an error at 5-5 in a TB drives me sick, so I switch to helpless pushing!
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #30
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Hell no.
I said 'nearly every serve in the book', of course I can't do all of them but with the serves I do know I can easily vary them up and win loads of cheap points