Hello, And Im Back - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #31
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Hi Macky That's what I'm telling myself, re Rafa, but I'm not convinced. Barcelona, is his home tournamnent, and he never,never misses it! Part of me says, at last he is being sensible, and listening to his body, the other half of me, is all doom and gloom But I guess we will have to wait and see! You had to used the heating this morning, it must be cold then! Martyn still hasn't recovered since we received out Winter heating bills!! I had to bring him around with smelling salts, after he had read them

It's been all drama in our house for the last 2 weeks! Emma had convinced herself she had failed a big exam at college, and that the world was about to come to an end! Only to find out that she had passed after all!! Kids Macky, who would have them!!
SueThat does seem like dramas in your household. I remember what it is like though- all the worry about exams etc can be horrible. As for the heating bills, we are kind of immune to it up here. It kind of goes with the territory!!!Great news for me is that we are taking a week off during the first week of Wimbledon and heading down. Including a stay in Brighton along the way. The gay mecca of the south!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #32
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
SueThat does seem like dramas in your household. I remember what it is like though- all the worry about exams etc can be horrible. As for the heating bills, we are kind of immune to it up here. It kind of goes with the territory!!!Great news for me is that we are taking a week off during the first week of Wimbledon and heading down. Including a stay in Brighton along the way. The gay mecca of the south!!!!
Macky I've heard all about Brighton Macky You stay off those beaches I do so hope Rafa makes Wimbledon this year. I was so dissapointed when he couldn't defend his title last year, and it just wasn't the same without him. Will you be wearing a "I love Sue T-Shirt Macky, at Wimbledon, that should get you on the TV!

Emma had convinced herself, that she was about to be thrown off her course, even though she is in the top 3 in her class, and has sailed through every other exam! Nothing I said, seemed to make any difference! You would think by now, she would know that Mummy, is always right
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #33
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Macky I've heard all about Brighton Macky You stay off those beaches I do so hope Rafa makes Wimbledon this year. I was so dissapointed when he couldn't defend his title last year, and it just wasn't the same without him. Will you be wearing a "I love Sue T-Shirt Macky, at Wimbledon, that should get you on the TV!

Emma had convinced herself, that she was about to be thrown off her course, even though she is in the top 3 in her class, and has sailed through every other exam! Nothing I said, seemed to make any difference! You would think by now, she would know that Mummy, is always right
SueThe sad thing at that age is that you never listen to your parents fully.Its not until much later that you realise how sensible all the advice really was. Still she sounds very much like a girl with standards and ability so that is great. I know it didnt seem the same at Wimbledon without Rafa last year. How wonderful that final of 2008 was, I can still remember going in to a pub in Greenwhich for a bottle of wine at 2pm and still being there at nearly nine. With a few new friends and a very sore head into the bargain!!!!!I honestly think he is just being cautious not playing Barcelona. If it had been a Masters event I think he would have competed.
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #34
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
SueThe sad thing at that age is that you never listen to your parents fully.Its not until much later that you realise how sensible all the advice really was. Still she sounds very much like a girl with standards and ability so that is great. I know it didnt seem the same at Wimbledon without Rafa last year. How wonderful that final of 2008 was, I can still remember going in to a pub in Greenwhich for a bottle of wine at 2pm and still being there at nearly nine. With a few new friends and a very sore head into the bargain!!!!!I honestly think he is just being cautious not playing Barcelona. If it had been a Masters event I think he would have competed.
Macky I hope you are right about Rafa, there is a press conference today, so I might find out more then! What an epic final the 2008 one was, I was so sad for him last year, that he didn't get to walk out as defending Champion, and he was so dissapointed not to play. As for Emma, she's doing really well, she has another year and a half to go, I am hoping that the time won't be to stressful!
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #35
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Macky I hope you are right about Rafa, there is a press conference today, so I might find out more then! What an epic final the 2008 one was, I was so sad for him last year, that he didn't get to walk out as defending Champion, and he was so dissapointed not to play. As for Emma, she's doing really well, she has another year and a half to go, I am hoping that the time won't be to stressful!
Good Afternoon SueYou know the more she copes with the initial stresses she feels just now, the more she will breeze through later. Have you heard anything then of the Nadal press conference? I gather Murray is in Barcelona as well albeit only to practice and not competing. Maybe Nadal will be saving himself for the Italian Open and Madrid. I guess the most important thing for him at the moment is that he dosent over play early season. You wont believe this but we have had some snow and hailstones this afternoon!!!!!
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 08:17 AM   #36
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Good Afternoon SueYou know the more she copes with the initial stresses she feels just now, the more she will breeze through later. Have you heard anything then of the Nadal press conference? I gather Murray is in Barcelona as well albeit only to practice and not competing. Maybe Nadal will be saving himself for the Italian Open and Madrid. I guess the most important thing for him at the moment is that he dosent over play early season. You wont believe this but we have had some snow and hailstones this afternoon!!!!!
Morning Macky I hope the weather is better for you today. I think Rafa made the righ decision, for once he is being sensible. He wants to play, but he knows his body(Knee's) needs to rest, he hopes to play Madrid. I think if Rafa is to stay in tennis, he will start to pick and choose his tournaments with care, he can no longer play week in,week out, like he use to!
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 04:13 PM   #37
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Morning Macky I hope the weather is better for you today. I think Rafa made the righ decision, for once he is being sensible. He wants to play, but he knows his body(Knee's) needs to rest, he hopes to play Madrid. I think if Rafa is to stay in tennis, he will start to pick and choose his tournaments with care, he can no longer play week in,week out, like he use to!
Good Afternoon SueYes the weather is better, bizarrely it is even a little warm today. Not that my work was good, totally crazy. But with Nadal, yes I think he is being sensible and it will be to his benefit for the whole season. I dont know how many times I have watched him post Wimbledon and it is clear that he is exhausted and over tennised. This should ensure that he also has a far fairer crack at winning the US Open and the Masters than has been the case historically!!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #38
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Good Afternoon SueYes the weather is better, bizarrely it is even a little warm today. Not that my work was good, totally crazy. But with Nadal, yes I think he is being sensible and it will be to his benefit for the whole season. I dont know how many times I have watched him post Wimbledon and it is clear that he is exhausted and over tennised. This should ensure that he also has a far fairer crack at winning the US Open and the Masters than has been the case historically!!!!
Good Morning MackyHope you are well I doubt Rafa will ever win US Open however much I want him too. The courts take such a hard toll on his knee's, that he is often in intense pain, plus the couts don't really suit his game. If he can play well in Paris and Wimbledon, I will be happy, I think he really wants to win back his French title, even though the people of Paris don't like him! But maybe they will, now he has lost, although I doubt that
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM   #39
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Good Morning MackyHope you are well I doubt Rafa will ever win US Open however much I want him too. The courts take such a hard toll on his knee's, that he is often in intense pain, plus the couts don't really suit his game. If he can play well in Paris and Wimbledon, I will be happy, I think he really wants to win back his French title, even though the people of Paris don't like him! But maybe they will, now he has lost, although I doubt that
SueI dont know if I agree re the US Open, I just think he has never been really fit when the event has rolled round. And the crowd at Roland Garros, I never really picked up that they disliked him. I always thought it was more a case that they were desperate for the brilliant all court Federer to win the crown. Well the Barcelona event seems really strange without Nadal. I see that Soderling, Ferrer and Verdasco going strong. I am out tomorrow, cant wait for a few wines!!!!!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM   #40
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Quote:
SueI dont know if I agree re the US Open, I just think he has never been really fit when the event has rolled round. And the crowd at Roland Garros, I never really picked up that they disliked him. I always thought it was more a case that they were desperate for the brilliant all court Federer to win the crown. Well the Barcelona event seems really strange without Nadal. I see that Soderling, Ferrer and Verdasco going strong. I am out tomorrow, cant wait for a few wines!!!!!!
As a French i can say crowd at Roland Garros is very versatile ,i went in the 80's ( was lucky to see all the greats :Martina ,Chris ,Borg,Connors,Mac etc ) ,they was often for the underdog but changed during the match.I don't think they dislike Rafa but he's the obvious favorite for the title.I hope a full recovery ,he 's such a good player and a nice guy

Last edited by calou : Apr 23rd, 2010 at 05:22 PM.
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM   #41
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Macky I must admit I haven't watched any tennis this week, the Sun has been shinning, and us Brits must make the most of it, you never know this might just be Summer!! Just had our first Barby of the Summer, most enjoyable, if you are out on the Vino tonight, I dare say you will have a sore head, in the morning! Hope you have a great evening Macky
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM   #42
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
As a French i can say crowd at Roland Garros is very versatile ,i went in the 80's ( was lucky to see all the greats :Martina ,Chris ,Borg,Connors,Mac etc ) ,they was often for the underdog but changed during the match.I don't think they dislike Rafa but he's the obvious favorite for the title.I hope a full recovery ,he 's such a good player and a nice guy
Hello Wow you were so lucky, to see such great players! Maybe you are right, the crowd might just be willing on the underdog, but I got the impression fron Rafa and Uncle Tony, that Rafa wasn't popular in France. Which I found strange, because he is such a lovely guy, and he seems to be very popular everywhere.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #43
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
I agree
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #44
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hello Wow you were so lucky, to see such great players! Maybe you are right, the crowd might just be willing on the underdog, but I got the impression fron Rafa and Uncle Tony, that Rafa wasn't popular in France. Which I found strange, because he is such a lovely guy, and he seems to be very popular everywhere.
And how are you this weekend Sue
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #45
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
And how are you this weekend Sue
Hello MackyI'm very well thank you, how are you! Did you enjoy your Frday night out on the wine! You weren't around yesterday, so I think you did We've had a lovely week, weather wise, and it gets to Sunday and it's pouring with rain I did manage to cath a few games in the tennis yesterday, I hope Nando manages to win a few more games than he did last week-end!