2010-11 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 08:09 AM   #256
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: 2010-11 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
UGA gets verbal from blue chip Alexandra Anghelescu
Thanks for the breaking news tennisbuddy12!

But not a total surprise .

My speculation batting avg. goes up.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM   #257
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

4/1/10

- Notre Dame gets verbal from walk-on 3 star Jo Hanna Manningham.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 04:52 PM   #258
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Thanks for the breaking news tennisbuddy12!

But not a total surprise .

My speculation batting avg. goes up.
Yeah, I talked to her and she said she was thinking about it, then the new 6 month rule came and screwed her up and decided it yesterday. She's stoked!

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM   #259
country flag gouci

The 6 month rule doesn't apply to Anghelescu. April Fools on her.

The rule doesn't go into effect until at least next summer, so it impacts current high school juniors not seniors.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM   #260

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The 6 month rule doesn't apply to Anghelescu. April Fools on her.

The rule doesn't go into effect until at least next summer, so it impacts current high school juniors not seniors.
No, it starts for the Class of 2010. She had planned on taking a year off.

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM   #261
country flag gouci

There's was a TRN article that said the rule goes into effect in August 2010 but I think that article got it wrong. I'm going by what Form said with the rule starting in August 2011 and an article Embittered found possibly postponing the rule until 2012.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM   #262

Quote:
There's was a TRN article that said the rule goes into effect in August 2010 but I think that article got it wrong. I'm going by what Form said with the rule starting in August 2011 and an article Embittered found possibly postponing the rule until 2012.
It was 2010 but yeah there are those rumors that they want to extend it. I think its stupid. Give them their year, and for every year after, they lose a year of eligibility. Simple

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM   #263
country flag gouci

Quote:
There's was a TRN article that said the rule goes into effect in August 2010 but I think that article got it wrong.
The new rule is effective August 1, 2010 for all sports except tennis and skiing.
Here's the proof below TRN got it wrong!

Quote:
As anticipated, Proposal 2009-22 was adopted (note: Prop. 2009-22 amendments vote tally; pp 4, 9, 10) last Thursday, January 14, 2010, by the DI Legislative Council, pending Board of Directors review. There were significant last minute amendments pertaining to the effective date for tennis student athletes, now set for Aug. 1, 2011, and the exclusion of skiing from the scope of the proposal.
Congratulations to all involved in passing this important legislative piece. During the seven months leading to Aug. 1, 2010 (effective date but for tennis student athletes), a broad and in-depth membership educational effort will be needed for coaches, compliance staff, and other athletics administrators to fully realize recruiting opportunities and prepare for new challenges in this evolving era.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM   #264
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

If I'm reading these NCAA notices correctly, the proposal to extend the implementation of the rule was defeated for not getting enough sponsors, but that at an earlier stage of the legislation enactment, tennis was a sport that had a delayed application date of 2011, And that there is still a proposal that will be looked at in April, 2010 to delay this to 2012.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...ws+And+Updates

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaah...1_10_ncaa_news

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Apr 1st, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM   #265
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
So it passed but hasn't passed? That is confusing but then again, it's the NCAA.

I could be wrong, but the way I understand this is: the issue is sent to a committee. The committee voted for the six month rule with an one year delay for tennis. But before the new rule becomes effective, the big boss, i.e. the Board of Directors gets a chance to veto it. If the Board of Directors does nothing about this issue at its next meeting, then the rule is passed. But if the Board of Directors takes it up, and says that they don't agree with what the committee did, then it could still be changed.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #266
country flag gouci

4/5/10

70. FIU gets verbal from 4 star Sarah McLean.

99. Arkansas gets verbal from 4 star Jade Frampton. She had an ITF ranking high of #224.

Old Apr 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #267
country flag gouci

4/8/10

188. UC Riverside gets verbal from 4 star Jamie Raney.
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 04:54 AM   #268
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice

From an implementation standpoint, the six-month rule had to be delayed until August 2011 or else any player graduating in 2009 that had taken a year off would have been ineligible in the Fall of 2010. By delaying implementation until 2011, you give the class of 2010 full warning that they need to be in school by January or else.

I think it is crazy for tennis to have a different rule than all the other NCAA sports in this case. The one-year allowance is a reasonable one and is not the cause of 21-year-old freshmen but a significant rule that reduces that number. It is a complicated rule that requires identifying when someone should have graduated from high school (not when they actually did) - far too complicated for this post.

The problem with the six-month grace period is that now you are going to be starting all these STUDENTS in January - that isn't a true college experience.

It also means that all the players will need 5th year scholarship aid or not graduate because their eligibility will be up after 3.5 years within which it is almost impossible to expect people to graduate.
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #269
country flag gouci

4/9/10

1. Christina Mchale improved her WTA ranking from #204 to #193.

6. Courtney Dolehide improved her WTA ranking from #468 to #463. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from #654 to #588.

- Shelby Rogers improved her WTA ranking from #920 to #774.

- Connie Hsu improved her WTA ranking from #508 to #476.

- Noppawan Lertcheewakarn improved her WTA doubles ranking from #537 to #374.

- Lyudmyla Kichenok improved her WTA ranking from #355 to #293.

- The Kichenok twins improved their WTA doubles ranking from #199 to #181.

- Heather Watson improved her WTA ranking from #484 to #406. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from #527 to #453.

- Richel Hogenkamp improved her WTA ranking from #365 to #342. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from #605 to #578.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #270
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4/9/10

- Lyudmyla Kichenok improved her WTA ranking from #355 to #293.

- The Kichenok twins improved their WTA doubles ranking from #199 to #181.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote