Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies? The colourful and vibrant YJHD is out:) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:13 PM   #76
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Re: Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashita View Post
He has tried his hand at something 'different' only 3 times in his looonnngg career. And has been a dud on two attempts( swades, MNIK).We appreciate his trying but you have to be succesful at the role. He hasnt tried enough.He's happy among his coterie and doing way too many mediocre films with his 'friends'. eg. farah Khan. Did you see anyone complain about chak de india?.No.He was praised by critics and fans alike.He was great. Period. I can only say that the audience in india is more discerning these days. Die hard fans will support their favs, but you gotta admit when he wasnt successful at the role. As for MNIK doing well at the box office, which SRK film doesnt do well? He's the best at publicity and his relationship with the media and fans. Its no surprise.

I want Shahrukh the 'actor' to stand up once in a while. Gone are the days when he took big risks on his movie roles( he played a negative lead in one his very first films...thats a risk).

You'd think that after being declared a bonafide superstar, he'd try more than once in a while....

Gone are the days of Fauji and Circus on tv...

Compare him to Aamir, each role is a challenge, different from the other.
Aamir does all his challenging roles, but it's SRK who gets all the recognition, adoration , love, you name it . SRK is an entertainer, and indeed a superstar who transcends Bollywood. I mean what other actor gets mobbed by non desis in every country they visit? He is doing just fine according to the cash registers around the world

Last edited by Infiniti2001 : Mar 3rd, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:05 PM   #77
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
Aamir does all his challenging roles, but it's SRK who gets all the recognition, adoration , love, you name it . SRK is an entertainer, and indeed a superstar who transcends Bollywood. I mean what other actor gets mobbed by non desis in every country they visit? He is doing just fine according to the cash registers around the world
Maybe thats the yardstick you use to judge an actor, thats not mine.

I prefer character actors like Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah, Boman Irani, Paresh Rawal, Vinay Pathak, Konkona Sen Sharma to name a few. Aamir, Tabu, Vidhya Balan, Saif( for being cyrus, Omkara) from among the stars.

Rest assured i like Shahrukh( when he's not hamming). But I'm so over his roles playing a 'Rahul'or a 'Raj'. It was good while it lasted.One of my fav films is Pardes.And why wouldnt he transcend bollywood, he's had the privilge to do the most Karan Johar Movies (made primarily for the NRI'S-K3G,Kal Ho Nah Ho, KANK,MNIK)and all of them superhits.

Just read this. Amazing satire. http://greatbong.net/2010/02/14/my-n...gki/#more-6734
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:09 PM   #78
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Aamir Khan doesn't overact, and he can star in a teenage movie even though he is 40+ already
Ghajini impressed me
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:23 PM   #79
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

Ghajini Shahrukh does a six pack for Om Shanti Om, Aamir does it better in Ghajini, the way they try to one up each other.

Oh the drama about this in the press

Hrithik leaves them both way behind in Jodha Akbar
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM   #80
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono. View Post
Aamir Khan doesn't overact, and he can star in a teenage movie even though he is 40+ already
Ghajini impressed me
Watch 'Sarfarosh' and 'Jo Jeeta Woh Hi Sikander' starring Aamir. You'll be blown away. My personal fav's.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #81
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't a lot of Bollywood films copies of Hollywood movies? How do they get away with that ? Do they get the rights from the original studio ? Have they ever been sued for plagarism ?

I have seen a handful of bollywood movies and have a huge thing for Hrithik Roshan who i think looks amazing.

LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM   #82
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy. View Post
Aren't a lot of Bollywood films copies of Hollywood movies? How do they get away with that ? Do they get the rights from the original studio ? Have they ever been sued for plagarism ?

Like how certain hollywood movies are inspired from Japanese ones?. I think its a lot to do with using inspiration within a context. You can have a similar story line but if its in an indian context,like Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara is a remake of Othello. The characters are so rooted in the indian hinterland, it cannot possibly be called plagarism.

I'm no expert on movies though
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #83
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

But the Hollywood movies usually get permission before they make the movies. Do they do that in Bollywood ?
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM   #84
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Maybe thats the yardstick you use to judge an actor, thats not mine.

I prefer character actors like Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah, Boman Irani, Paresh Rawal, Vinay Pathak, Konkona Sen Sharma to name a few. Aamir, Tabu, Vidhya Balan, Saif( for being cyrus, Omkara) from among the stars.

Rest assured i like Shahrukh( when he's not hamming). But I'm so over his roles playing a 'Rahul'or a 'Raj'. It was good while it lasted.One of my fav films is Pardes.And why wouldnt he transcend bollywood, he's had the privilge to do the most Karan Johar Movies (made primarily for the NRI'S-K3G,Kal Ho Nah Ho, KANK,MNIK)and all of them superhits.

Just read this. Amazing satire. http://greatbong.net/2010/02/14/my-n...gki/#more-6734
Actually, it was Aditya Chopra's DDLJ which got him world wide recognition. Of course Karan's movies had a hand too, but contrary to popular belief he is not only popular with NRIs. You can walk into any cinema in the Caribbean, NY and elsewhere and not an Indian will be present watching him movies. The Rahuls and the Rajs made him who is so there is no way I'll knock him. If his movies were so crappy records would not be broken everytime they were released. All these actors you mentioned are alright , and with the exception of the dwarf Khan they put out flop after flop To date Kal Ho Naa Ho is Saif's highest grossing movie, although he was great in Omkara.Naseeruddin Shah is one of the better actors(I'll take him over Big B any day), unfortunately the movies he chooses do not resonate with the audience. The bottom-line, no matter how great an actor you are, it's all about selling your product---and this is where SRK is a cut above the rest. He is definitely a businessman There are a few of his movies which were flops in India, but thanks to his global fans were able to recover their cost. In the end he always has the last laugh
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM   #85
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Like how certain hollywood movies are inspired from Japanese ones?. I think its a lot to do with using inspiration within a context. You can have a similar story line but if its in an indian context,like Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara is a remake of Othello. The characters are so rooted in the indian hinterland, it cannot possibly be called plagarism.

I'm no expert on movies though
Are serious? So many Hollywood studios are going after Bollywood and winning. Hollywood actually gets permission and give credit where it is due. Bollywood on the otherhand is word for word, scene for scene. It's like they don't care T
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM   #86
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
But the Hollywood movies usually get permission before they make the movies. Do they do that in Bollywood ?
Until Hollywood started going after them for plagiarism, they didn't
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM   #87
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Actually, it was Aditya Chopra's DDLJ which got him world wide recognition. Of course Karan's movies had a hand too, but contrary to popular belief he is not only popular with NRIs. You can walk into any cinema in the Caribbean, NY and elsewhere and not an Indian will be present watching him movies. The Rahuls and the Rajs made him who is so there is no way I'll knock him. If his movies were so crappy records would not be broken everytime they were released. All these actors you mentioned are alright , and with the exception of the dwarf Khan they put out flop after flop To date Kal Ho Naa Ho is Saif's highest grossing movie, although he was great in Omkara.Naseeruddin Shah is one of the better actors(I'll take him over Big B any day), unfortunately the movies he chooses do not resonate with the audience. The bottom-line, no matter how great an actor you are, it's all about selling your product---and this is where SRK is a cut above the rest. He is definitely a businessman There are a few of his movies which were flops in India, but thanks to his global fans were able to recover their cost. In the end he always has the last laugh
Yes, Selling himeslf...exactly!! No one does it better

As i stated before, i dont think he's crappy. I prefer character actors. I dont judge a film only by the amount of money it makes at the box office. I prefer intelligent movies from time to time And most intelligent ones dont make money. Its bollywood after all who else would believe Rab de bana di jodi , in which a woman who cant distinguish between 2 men who look exactly alike

Indian audiences have caught on...the global ones are yet to figure him out

For eg: Khosla ka ghosla made a fraction of what a SRK starrer would make, but i'd take it over a MNIK anyday.

About DDLJ yes, it started the trend of movies directed towards the NRI'S.

Isnt Akshay Kumar among the favs of the NRI's?. I saw some show where the audience consisitng of mostly NRI's fibrillating in ecstasy.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM   #88
Veelieve!!!

Quote:

I have seen a handful of bollywood movies and have a huge thing for Hrithik Roshan who i think looks amazing.

Mr 2thumbs is a good actor, but he hasn't had a hit in God knows how long. The producers of Hitch and Bruce Almighty went after Bollywood for plagiarism. I don't know how that turned out.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM   #89
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Are serious? So many Hollywood studios are going after Bollywood and winning. Hollywood actually gets permission and give credit where it is due. Bollywood on the otherhand is word for word, scene for scene. It's like they don't care T
Really? Can you state an instance where they have won a lawsuit in India? Either the media hasnt reported this or i havent being paying attention.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM   #90
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Mr 2thumbs is a good actor, but he hasn't had a hit in God knows how long. The producers of Hitch and Bruce Almighty went after Bollywood for plagiarism. I don't know how that turned out.
The last two films he starred in Jodha Akbar and Dhoom 2 were huge hits. He didnt have a official release in 2009.Apparently he was suffering from a knee injury. Did a special appearance in Luck by chance.

His next films lined up are Kites( had been delayed) and Guzarish with Ash. Cant wait.