Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #46
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
can you translate that article to english with a scan of original article?
Here it is:
http://revistatenis.uol.com.br/Edicoes/0/a-162024-1.asp

I'll try to translate it tomorrow.
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #47
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Make sure you vote on this thread:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=392634

Sometimes I think this board is dominated by people who had never watched a tennis match before 2000...
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #48
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post

Sometimes I think this board is dominated by people who had never watched a tennis match before 2000...
I just did even if I find these kind of polls irrilevant and a bit stupid.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #49
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
I just did even if I find these kind of polls irrilevant and a bit stupid.
me too
just appears with a retired player's name and uses imagination is easier than has the same achievement, to bring reputation.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #50
country flag rabbits

rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold

I loved Steffi, remember seeing her first Aus Open when 13... it was obvious despite a beating she would do great things
rabbits is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #51
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:

It is, that's why I usually don't vote here etc. They are (too) young. But I don't feel offended or whatever, I totally understand them, you know if years ago you've asked me to vote between Court and Graf in a poll, I would have probably posted something like "Marageret who?"
So
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #52
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbits View Post
I loved Steffi, remember seeing her first Aus Open when 13... it was obvious despite a beating she would do great things

It was that abvious at 13 ? Really.
I never saw her playing that young, but I saw some images she was so thin.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #53
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
It is, that's why I usually don't vote here etc. They are (too) young. But I don't feel offended or whatever, I totally understand them, you know if years ago you've asked me to vote between Court and Graf in a poll, I would have probably posted something like "Marageret who?"
So
I agree, I've always thought you can't compare players of different eras, I don't really care either.Those questions like:"who is greater between X or Y?" make no sense to me. Anybody has a personal idea and I don't get offendend if someone says Navratilova was greater than Steffi, I just don't mind. I get more offended when someone attacks Steffi personally.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #54
country flag djul14

Quote:
I agree, I've always thought you can't compare players of different eras, I don't really care either.Those questions like:"who is greater between X or Y?" make no sense to me. Anybody has a personal idea and I don't get offendend if someone says Navratilova was greater than Steffi, I just don't mind. I get more offended when someone attacks Steffi personally.
Totally agree
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #55
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

I agree that I might think one player from one era is better than another, but hopefully I can discuss it without the hopeless ignorance that characterizes too may of these discussions - discussion is hardly the word for it.

Here's the Emotion magazine cover - anyone in Germany pass on the content?
http://www.emotion.de/de/aktuellesheft/default.aspx
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #56
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree that I might think one player from one era is better than another, but hopefully I can discuss it without the hopeless ignorance that characterizes too may of these discussions - discussion is hardly the word for it.

Thanks, she looks great, love her makeup
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #57
country flag djul14

Quote:

But you can't blame them for their "ignorance", they were simply too youg and didn't watch tennis back then. That's what I was trying to say.

Thanks for the link
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #58
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree totally. It doesn't cease to amaze me how many people here take those things way too seriously and sometimes even fanatically. The whole thing about tennis and being a fan should be about fun and nothing else. People who are looking at things too fanatically and thus narrowminded only cheat themselves out of the opportunity to get some pleasure from the sport and their fanship.

But there is one thing that really bugs me. I can't stand it when people call Steffi a cold, emotionless person. People who say this just show that they have no idea what they're talking about and that they have never bothered to try to find out how her personality really is, underneath her sometimes cool exterior.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #59
country flag bia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
I agree totally. It doesn't cease to amaze me how many people here take those things way too seriously and sometimes even fanatically. The whole thing about tennis and being a fan should be about fun and nothing else. People who are looking at things too fanatically and thus narrowminded only cheat themselves out of the opportunity to get some pleasure from the sport and their fanship.

But there is one thing that really bugs me. I can't stand it when people call Steffi a cold, emotionless person. People who say this just show that they have no idea what they're talking about and that they have never bothered to try to find out how her personality really is, underneath her sometimes cool exterior.
Absolutely right, those two words "cold" and "emotionless" don't suit her at all. I think you don't even need to know her real personality, just look into her eyes.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #60
country flag dscho99

dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice

Quote:
Absolutely right, those two words "cold" and "emotionless" don't suit her at all. I think you don't even need to know her real personality, just look into her eyes.

I remember how she was not able to talk in 1998/99 TV shows about her charity and the war-zone children it supports without getting wet eyes.
dscho99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote